Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [OC]Mr B
    While the subject is open...

Teddie, any chance of you having a go at remaking/porting either DM-Hyperblast or CTF-Midtown from the old UT?

*I wish someone would....loved those two maps...*
    Bleh, Hydro16 I tell you!

Comment

He's doing Zeto. :up:

Comment

Teddie,

you and the [FuT] lot are my fav mappers.

keep up the good work

Comment

:cry: :cry:

Omfg that's so beutiful.....so many memories......

man the real Face 3 sux compared to this......

Nowwe just need a server with 24 players and then it's face madness again :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Wocko

It looks like you want the ctf version though. Talk to your server admins as it would be a worthwile addition

Comment

Originally posted by BesigedB
              It looks like you want the ctf version though. Talk to your server admins as it would be a worthwile addition

Just want Face madness

BTW anyone else is getting a msg that the files in the Zip is corrupted?:sour:

Comment

So are you planning a revision for this map Teddie?

Comment

Just want Face madness

just checked both ctf and br version from fasterfiles, both fine

Comment

EGC? NEG!

EGC (Earth Government Council)?
                    You're deviating from the real Unreal history.
                    In the Unreal universe there is the NEG (New Earth Government).

Background:
                    The NEG was formed by Earth and the UAW (United Aligned Worlds) because of the Human / Skaarj War.
                    The NEG eventually legalises "consensual murder" which in turn leads to the Tournaments, as can be heard from the UT intro.
                    I know, I know, I just care about storylines more than most.
                    Considering you took the time to create a little story for your map, I figured I'd mention this.

I haven't had a chance to try out the map itself yet, but I'll download it later!

Comment

Re: EGC? NEG!

Originally posted by RetodonIIX

Background:
                      The NEG was formed by Earth and the UAW (United Aligned Worlds) because of the Human / Skaarj War.
                      The NEG eventually legalises "consensual murder" which in turn leads to the Tournaments, as can be heard from the UT intro.
                      Considering you took the time to create a little story for your map, I figured I'd mention this.

I haven't had a chance to try out the map itself yet, but I'll download it later!

**** man what are you? Like one of those Trekies, but for UT insted? LOL :haha: Dude, it's a map. Lighten up, and let ppl make up their own stories. They all don't have to fit a spicific sinario, thats the beauty of imagination. LOL

Comment

Dates

Well, like I said, I care about storylines.
                        Actually I was just curious about the years the different Unreal games take place in.
                        I haven't found any info on this on any site, so... did some research, which means I consciously listened/read while playing.
                        I figured first cames U, then U2, then UT, and finally UT2003/UC.
                        I only found 2 years in UT, the original, nothing in UT2003.
                        I never played Unreal, only a few missions of U2, so I stopped trying quite soon.

Comment

Re: Dates

Actually I was just curious about the years the different Unreal games take place in.
                          I haven't found any info on this on any site, so... did some research, which means I consciously listened/read while playing.
                          I never played Unreal, only a few missions of U2, so I stopped trying quite soon.
                          http://ina-community.com/forums/show...hreadid=279148

Here ya go......nothing official..but logical

Comment

Re: Re: Dates

Originally posted by Slack
                            So how about a DDOM verision. Your Aztec, and Decks, and ***** Giger maps are quite nice. I think Face deserves to 'represent' in the DD world. Dontcha? The towers seem the be the obvious choice the DOM point location. But most DOM maps have rather open DOM points. (excepting Scortched Earth). In light of that, perhaps the DD points could be in front of the tower entrnce? I dunno. Spawn points could be mixed between, out on the asteroid 'bridge' and the typical snuper fodder placement from the original face. Waddaya think?
                            Hi Slack. It's a possibility. It's kina symetrical though, no? The revision to ***** Giger is going to be cool once I finish - 85% done on that rev (as a side note). Thanks for the kind words about my other maps.

Originally posted by defalc
                            Face wouldn't work for double dom, as much as I like the map.
                            defalc, I think it's too symetrical. But it wouldn't be hard for me to do a DOM version if enough people are interested.

Originally posted by [OC]Mr B
                            While the subject is open...

Teddie, any chance of you having a go at remaking/porting either DM-Hyperblast or CTF-Midtown from the old UT?

*I wish someone would....loved those two maps...*

Another fine job here, Teddie. I've already got the CTF version...not huge on BR, but might just have to give this one a go...I know the map, and gameplay will be great, knowing your previous works (several of which are running on my servers).

Cheers!

B.
                            Thanks Mr B! Those two maps, maybe in the future. Were they retail maps? I will only remake retail or official bonus pack maps. I won't mess with other hobby mappers work out of respect.

Originally posted by defalc
                            Bleh, Hydro16 I tell you!
                            Was that a retail map?

Originally posted by §uper-]V[oose
                            He's doing Zeto. :up:
                            That's one of them, bro. 15% done. I'm also working on a few other maps at the same time. 2 Originals, 1 revision (***** Giger), 1 quick revision (The BR Face to fix the kill-me bug), and 1 remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Morba
                              Teddie,

you and the [FuT] lot are my fav mappers.

keep up the good work
                              /me hands a beer to Morba. Thanks bro. Actually [FuT] is not a team. It's sort of an acronym for my website. http://www.FUnrealTournament2003.com F U real T ournament... FUT. It's just me. The website if you have a look is my "Mapping Journal". Thanks for the kind words. (as a side note: My avatar says FU2 which isn't "F*ck you too!" it's FUnreal2... Makes no sense except to me probably).

Wocko, hey bro. Thanks. Are there many servers playing my Faces? Just curious.

Originally posted by BesigedB
                              BB, thanks for helping Wocko out.

Just want Face madness

Wocko, sorry. which mirror did you get it from?

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
                              So are you planning a revision for this map Teddie?
                              Hello Neo. Yeah. I want to fix the bug that Moose pointed out.

Background:

Woah. Retondon... Man, I just pull those description outta my butt. I didn't think anyone ever read them. Very interesting. Please don't "read" to much into them. They won't be factually acurate I can assure you. Consider them self-contained stories for the map and nothing else. I kind of like writing them. I'll see if I can get it more accurate to the global story in future maps. Thanks for the headsup. Please let me know how the map plays for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
                                **** man what are you? Like one of those Trekies, but for UT insted? LOL :haha: Dude, it's a map. Lighten up, and let ppl make up their own stories. They all don't have to fit a spicific sinario, thats the beauty of imagination. LOL
                                Yeah, I really didn't realize anyone takes that close a look at the description. I just kind of like writing the story, as much as it is bulls**t, but it's fun to come up with stuff. I don't normally get to write anything imaginative anymore.

The only real date that I knew of was 2291 from the intro of UT1. "In 2291... blah blah". I actually used that year in the description for HealPod2003[FuT]... Another made up description that I pulled outta my butt.

http://ina-community.com/forums/show...hreadid=279148

Here ya go......nothing official..but logical
                                Thanks Wocko!

Comment

Working...
                                X