• Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Abrams Alpha [PIC]

Name:M1 Abrams
    Version:Alpha
    Compatibility:UT2004
    Description:M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank
    Comments:Alpha stage model. Still a tad high on the poly count. Should be in game soon. Texture was slapped on. Everyone loves tanks Be kind if you play with the download, it's not finished
    DOWNLOAD http://www.winkyboy.com/files/vehicles/M1Abrams004.zip
    Screenshot
    Credits:Magnum
    Homepage:na

Everyone loves tanks
    Truth! Screenshot looks good :up:

Comment

loks GREAT !!!:up:

Comment

sorry, but HOW THE FU** DO YOU MAKE TREADS??? I LIKE URS! HOW DO YOU DO THEM

btw, I like the tank

Comment

Wow, looking good there! Is this for a realism mod, or just for UT?

Originally posted by FlakDino454
          sorry, but HOW THE FU** DO YOU MAKE TREADS??? I LIKE URS! HOW DO YOU DO THEM
          One way is to make a tube then pull it into shape (I'm sure you can do tubes in Maya).

Comment

no, more like his... i already has tread axles. i need to put treads around them, like he did.

Comment

I like Monster Tanks too though ... like the Titan and the Behemoth ... but this looks superb as well! Hey are you working for RO or some other realism mod on the side or something?

Comment

Originally posted by FlakDino454
                no, more like his... i already has tread axles. i need to put treads around them, like he did.
                Yeah I know, you make a tube (not to be confused with a cylinder), and stretch it around you wheels.

Comment

ohhhhhhhh. kk, gotcha.

Comment

if you dont mind my asking, how do you make a tube? :cry: :noob:

Comment

Isnt it under basic polygon geometry... and "Tube"

[srry Ive used Maya maybe, twice in my lifetime :noob: ]

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey_Reloaded
                        Isnt it under basic polygon geometry... and "Tube"

[srry Ive used Maya maybe, twice in my lifetime :noob: ]
                        nope it aint there. btw, the Envy Night thread got deleted!

Comment

Re: M1 Abrams Alpha [PIC]

Originally posted by Magnum76
                          Everyone loves destroying tanks
                          Fixed =)

Comment

The treads themselves are made from a cube in MayaPLE. I extrude the face and rotate it and stretch it around the wheel in the front and the sproket in the back. Takes about 5 mins

If you are asking about the Wheels themselves, they are a cylinder and I extrude the face to give it some life...but the 16, yes 16, wheels and 2 sprockets that make up the wheels on the M1 are killing my poly count...I might have to doctor those.

I was hoping someone would recognize the texture I used...Anyone remember where that texture came from?

Comment

Titan and Behemoth are forth coming I'm gonna get some alphas done and get them posted to lay claim to my design

Comment

Working...
                              X