Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Malevolence-Newskool-FINAL! [Download! | New Mirror! | Revision In Progress!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Malevolence-Newskool-FINAL! [Download! | New Mirror! | Revision In Progress!]

REVISION is in progress. The following changes will be made.

-Improvement of Zone Portals
    -Flak Room Skybox works Online
    -Skybox Tweaks
    -Lighting Tweaks
    -BSP tweaks (fixes seemingly collision errors neer Bio Rifle, Bio Pickup, Etc)
    -Ammo and Health placement tweaking
    -Few texture misalignments fixed
    -Removal of those rails nearly everyone hated
    -Tweaking meshes on the stairs to the link (You can now hit them at an angle, also prevents getting stuck)
    -Scaling the map by 1.1 (all trick jumps still possible, but more difficult; except one... which is cool, because it cripped gameplay)
    -Tweaking of meshes for general look (different lift mesh, pillar by mini changed, replaced the hanging light meshes with far more purty ones)
    -Tweaking of meshes which causes HOM bugs and such
    -Lighting tweaked so new light meshes look like they're glowing bright white... a light removed which had no source
    -Fixed a leak in the DD room's zone
    -I think that's most of it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final is ready, at 7.52 megs, with original music! First to find the easter egg (don't go into the editor... it just spoils it. ) gets a cookie! Note that the Epic bonus pack is required.

Fasterfiles Mirror

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did DM-Malevolence-Oldskool a while back as my first map for any game. I recently tried it again, and felt that not only did it fail in sufficiently diminishing my urges for DM-Malevolence, but it needed to be brought up to the visual scale UT2003 has set. Hence, Malevolence-Newskool. This is FINAL of DM-Malevolence-Newskool, and I have used the BSP of Oldskool, yet I altered it in order to gain further optomization, and a feel more alike to the original in the main area, and the shock room. This is my 4th map... since Oldskool I’ve done one as a trial to prove my worth to a mod, and another for that mod. Neither are/were fully finished, and the one for the mod is still in progress. I hope that the useage of static meshes I have learned since now and then reflects in this map.

And now, for teh screenies!

Download it here!

Fasterfiles Mirror =]

Nice :up:

Comment

holy ****, my account still works

even with that picture of the drugs, i'm STILL HERE

Pez = teh 0wnage

GJ!

Good looking map too!

WOOT FOR NO WALL CLUTTER!

Comment

Thanks... everyone, I've got 5 beta testers now. 5 spaces left.

Comment

Nice dude :up: , i'll volunteer if you want..me like malevolence

Comment

Wow, no wonder your inbox is full. Count me in m8y for sure. Somehow I think this is def. headed for me Keeper's List

Comment

Looks nice Virax, looks just as good as DM-Malevolence-oldskool.

You just love DM-Malevolence huh?

Anyway looks a brilliant map, are these textures from the bonus pack?

This version of Malevolence will sit next to DM-Malevolence-oldskool in my map list!

I wouldn't mind doing a beta test for you if you like either.

Keep up the good work Virax, you thinking of doing any original work?just wondering as what you'd come up with.

MsM:up:

Comment

Foralarx... I'll let you know when final is out. Yournan, Malevolence was one of my three favorite maps from UT1 (The others were Deck and Zeto), but I think I'll be reducing the amount of testers I need. After I get the Zone Portals in, and put in one or two blocking volumes (translocater + open sky = bad for map), I'll do another closed beta test. When that is finished, Final will be released.

Yeah, those are textures in the bonus pack. However, I often go into other maps and look around for my static meshes (I hate ALL those packages... so cluttery), and I found out that I copied a custom one. So, I sent an e-mail to the guy requiring permission. It's only used once; not that important, and I could fix it, so it's not like it'll delay final or anything. Just wanted to note that for some wierd reason. :bulb:

I'm working as a mapper for Dissension (http://www.unrealwarfarex.com/Dissension), so I am doing my own stuff too. However, I started my mapping career with Malevolence-Oldskool, and when I looked back upon it, it didn't satisfy my cravings for Malevolence (as it did when I was a noobie mapper... I had low standards =P ), so this is the result. I don't think I'll do any more remakes after this, but I may.

Comment

So Virax, lets get to the point do you want me to beta test?

After all you know i'm a DM-Malevolence fan

MsM:up:

Comment

Sure, you can test with BETA2. I'll PM ya when I'm ready, I guess... do you have an IRC client? If so, check out irc.progameplayer.com #ina, it's much easier. Otherwise I could try to PM you, but that might not work so well for arranging times we could all test. However, I suppose if it doesn't, you can look around for bugs offline. ;P

Off to school! C-ya later. ;D

Comment

I'm interested. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                        Foralarx... I'll let you know when final is out.
                        Thanks V. Looking forward to it already. Fora.

Comment

I want to beta test it too Also any chance of you making a Zeto remake for UT2003? That was my favourite UT DM map.

Comment

Hey looks great
                            The nighttime setting is very cool and you did some nice lightning.
                            Anyway, it looks pretty much like a perfect remake. I only see some texture scaling that looks a bit weird on the screens. For example the bricks in the double damage room, they are kinda cut off. Also I'm not really a fan of the rock texture you have in that room. Not becuz you've done anything wrong with it but I just think it's a messy texture.
                            Anyway, keep up the good work. I already like the oldschool version a lot.

Comment

Virax, i can help testing, i'm on #dsmod (i'm Weapon-X) if you're looking for me .

Comment

Working...
                              X