Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-1on1-Viridian2k4 (part of ut classics2k4 2 remake map pack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sae-sho
    in the origional viridian-tourney, you had to jump on the pad also, not like in the 2003 remakes. and you had to give it A LOT of "english" in order to not just jump straight up. a very nice skill feature
    Yeah been playing about with the pad, might ge the actual place you land a little further back, at the mo its right on the ledge. Errr "english"?

Sinnthetika

thanks madeline, i hope i meet expectations. Not sure if it came with a joker model, i know it cam ewith warboss and Xan mkII.

UPDATE

Viridian is now complete, just need to test it with bots the map is full with antiportals and runs about 60fps this is on my low end machine as well.

MsM

Comment

Update the screens please, and hit me with a beta!

Comment

"english", its a billiards term that means to make a ball move not straight by causing it to spin. if you just jump on a pad, it will take you to one place, but if you use the direction keys to put a little "english" on it, you can force the character to land slightly or very different.
        in the ut viridian, if you don't use the direction keys, you miss the landing completely.

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
          Update the screens please, and hit me with a beta!
          will do mate, send me your e-mail addy again as don't think i got it.

sae-sho

Ahh explains it all . If you use the jump pad in my re-make is takes you right onto the ledge, it looks like your not going to make it but you do

thanks again folks will get updated screens

MsM

Comment

a couple of texture things, luckily in one screen shot:

the pipe in the center ceiling appears to be "unlit, or intentionally left black.
            the texture to the right of the corner where the arrow points has a grate that ends on the corner. for some reason, that bothers me. you could move the texture just a bit.
            thank you for not using the goo gun
            thank you for using the classic sniper rifle instead of LG.
            the lighting is fantastic, and all those pieces of equipment behind the glass, and the outside, all looking great.
            you did a fine job with the ambient sounds. very realistic.
            did i miss any emitters, or did you not use any. would be nice if there were some subtle , intermitant steam coming from places. something needs to move besides the players to finish the realism effect. could be dripping water, steam, sparks, anything at all.
            your bots are hurting me :cry:
            i usually do much better on this map, but they kick my keester!
            very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by sae-sho
              a couple of texture things, luckily in one screen shot:

the pipe in the center ceiling appears to be "unlit, or intentionally left black.
              the texture to the right of the corner where the arrow points has a grate that ends on the corner. for some reason, that bothers me. you could move the texture just a bit.
              thank you for not using the goo gun
              thank you for using the classic sniper rifle instead of LG.
              the lighting is fantastic, and all those pieces of equipment behind the glass, and the outside, all looking great.
              you did a fine job with the ambient sounds. very realistic.
              did i miss any emitters, or did you not use any. would be nice if there were some subtle , intermitant steam coming from places. something needs to move besides the players to finish the realism effect. could be dripping water, steam, sparks, anything at all.
              your bots are hurting me :cry:
              i usually do much better on this map, but they kick my keester!
              very nice!
              thanks for the feedback, the pipes i know about some are black some aren't i don't know why but i've repalced a few and there ok and some i've used the amibent brightness which seems to do the trick, thanks for pointing that out i must have missed that one. Nice one about the texture i'ii move that round, that annoys me too . Yeah the bots are pretty good btw did you hear the thunder sounds which go off every now again? i think they need tweaking as i couldn't hear them well. As for steam there was some in, but i removed it i'ii drop something in like you suggested like sparks or steam etc.

thanks for your feedback, much appeciated

MsM

Comment

Working...
              X