Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-1on1-Viridian2k4 (part of ut classics2k4 2 remake map pack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-1on1-Viridian2k4 (part of ut classics2k4 2 remake map pack)

Name: DM-1on-Viridian2k4
    Version: beta
    Compatibility: ut2k4
    Description: n/a
    Comments: n/a
    Credits: original author Rich "Akuma" Eastwood

feedback & comments appeciated. I'm not happy with screen 2, the backwall looks blank, and screen 5 looks to clustered compared to the rest of the clean look any sugggestions?

I'm also in need of beta testers, PM me your e-mail addy if interested.

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/6f6ad38c.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/052c70b5.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/5e077891.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/9f46d140.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/4afc88f0.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/621609c9.jpg[/screenshot]

MsM

Looks nice were's the link?

Comment

Ah I see and PM sent!

Comment

In screen3, the curved inner wall (with the shock an top?) should be sloped enough so that you can make it up with a slide-dodge.

Comment

The stuff on the wall at the mini looks like it's hindering movement. The same goes for the cables in the shock room (although the angle to judge this is not the best).

It looks quite stylish! Your previous maps were not looking too stylish (the aristocracy mesh a texture package doesn't count, since they weren't made by you), at least not in an unique way, but the colour usage on screen 1 made me go 'huh! mhhh!' ****, you're getting better and better with every map you make!

IMO the yellowish stripe on the 1st pic is looking much better than the full-green on the second. (They ARE different, are they? )

Comment

Originally posted by cUnNiNg_StUnTs
            Looks nice were's the link?
            cheeky , you know me private testing. got your PM will send when finished, should be in a few days time.

Slainchild

no r/l on top but close enough, could do but i don't think theres much need as it has the jump pad down below.

DimensionSeven

I agree on the mini mate, hency why ased for suggestions might remove those supports but like em' so much:heart: . The cables in the shock romo have collison removed, but can tuck them out the way by moving in the curved part.

Thanks for those nice comments mate, i think i'm better at some themes than others personally i'm better at doing darker maps.

The green textures on the same, having lighting difficulties with it fomr some reason looking for replacement as its jsut plain daft.

thanks for the feedback guys

MsM

Comment

The green textures on the same, having lighting difficulties with it fomr some reason looking for replacement as its jsut plain daft.
              You MUST keep the yellowish version! It's the quintessence of the visuals in this map!

Comment

...isn't viridian purple?

Comment

Originally posted by Tidu
                  ...isn't viridian purple?
                  No. It's whatever the mapper makes it. :heart:

Comment

hm, more "industrial " theme than i remember, but more roomy too, which is good. is the jump pad in pic 3 at least a little hard to use? in the 2003 version, it was near impossible to miss, which made it not so interesting

Comment

I will test map.
                      I agree about those cable that DimensionSeven is talk about in screen shot 3 and 6 look like they kinda to low to ground.

Comment

I remember the original, it was great with 3 bots, fast and furious, the fights usually came to you.

Probably good for duels as well.

The thematics look pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
                          You MUST keep the yellowish version! It's the quintessence of the visuals in this map!
                          the textures are actually green, just the green lighting is making the white area glow yellow. I will be keeping it, just tweaking in some areas like the sniper for example, thanks for the feedback on the colour as i wasn't sure of it.

Tidu

no, the original was green must be somethnig else your thinking off, i can see it in my head but can't think of the name, wasn't DM-Grit by any chance?

sae-sho

yeah its the techno decayed theme, which is a darker style of techno, which gives it industrial colours. Yeah it does look more spacious which i quite like, just trying to get other areas of the map to match like the minigun hallway. The jump pad isn't working, so i've gotta check the pathing on it as its just sending me straight up in the air and not across to the r/l platform. Where the jump spot actor is, you have to jump on to the pad not just brush past it.

gades

Cheers, 3-4 players is a good fight with the frag action been all round and not in one area like most maps.

thanks for the feedback guys

MsM

Comment

in the origional viridian-tourney, you had to jump on the pad also, not like in the 2003 remakes. and you had to give it A LOT of "english" in order to not just jump straight up. a very nice skill feature

Comment

Hey I remember this map now, didn't this get released with that one Joker model in a bonus pack? Makes me want to install ut classic until you get this out.

I predict you will do an excellent job on this remake, why? Because all your stuff turns out good. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X