Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

YARM / TD Vehicle Pack UPDATE Released May 31 2014 [BETA Ver 128][DL][PICS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds nice!

One Wing-mod I used that gives everyone wings made the bots use the air pathnodes of the map, don't know if that would be an easy solution. *shrugs*

Comment

• http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tournament-2004 or http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods.html or http://ut2004.ut-files.com/ please for your mods
      I can't get them from GF :|

Comment

• New version posted, see first post for the new download link! Here's a quick list of the the fixes:
        Version 128:
        -Fixed major code issues: Bots will now fire the LAV25 weapons properly!
        -Added code so that the bots properly select which weapon mode to use in the MBT90 tank and the LAV25AD and LAV25IFV
        -Added camo team skins to the MBT90, HMMWV, and IFAV, and a new dark skin for the MH53 copter when it is on the blue team
        -fixed a few bugs in the Zodiac raft (added new water ring texture, removed Manta jump effect)
        -Added "bAddToServerPackages" to the mutator so editing the ServerPackages list should not be needed anymore. (per Malo's request)

@ Blade_hunter: I'll see about setting up a moddb account to upload the vehicle pack there too.

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• @ Blade_hunter: I've got it uploaded to ModDB. I've got to wait a couple of days for them to "authorize" the file as an add-on for UT2004 before it will show up.

[EDIT] File has been approved at ModDB, link added to first post. Also, I found a bug in my texture (Combiner and Shader) setup for the tank and LAV25 team skins that prevents them from properly displaying on older video cards like the GeForce2 and earlier (the default fallback gray no-team version of each skin is shown). I've found the fix so once I get any additional feedback on this version, I will probably be uploading one last revision next week too.

Comment

• Looks and plays great! Camo looks very nice.

The only thing left now to make it "perfect" would be better sounds and HD textures. But that would just be the icing on the cake. In this state the cake is very tasty too!

EDIT: Tried to extract a bushmaster sound from a video, though I wasn't able to get away the engine sound without making it sound like crap. https://www.mediafire.com/?030esf7ddcehnn8

Also, maybe this could work for the MBT main cannon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOyetWs9uMA

Comment

• @meowcat thanks a lot
                I know that moddb takes a bit of time to make content available but at least it's a safer and better place to put mods than GF. I'm happy now since I can play with a new version of your vehicles. I hope you do the same with the rest of your mods and stuff because the latest version I got of YARM is quite old ...

Comment

• I thought about the AA version of LAV... In the current state it can target flyers and ground targets - you should make it so it can only target air-enemies.

But how about making an M113 ADATS that can target both?

Comment

• Nice meshes and seems even muzzleflashes
                    but whats wrong with proper sitting?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• @ Baryonyx: I'll see about updating the firing sounds, and thanks for tracking that sound down for the bushmaster. I'll adjust the LAV-25AD to target only flyers, that seems reasonable. I probably won't be adding anymore vehicles for now, I still need to redo the IFAV and HMMWV models for optimization (and finally put in "turnable" steering wheels).

@ Blade_hunter: No problem, I'll be uploading more files as I finalize and polish them (still have a few more maps, the Jet Paack, and YARM to add).

@ Kaal979: I did not like the way the normal vehicle driving animation looked while riding the ATV (the legs would have been clipping into the engine of the model even more than now), so I decided to use the crouch animation instead, do you have a different recommendation? If I had lots of time, I could make new sitting animations for each of the default UT2kX player skeletons (similar to what the ChaosUT team did for the melee weapons), but of course that would not work for custom player models that did not use the standard skeleton... and I don't have the motivation or time to make a bunch of new animations. Sorry.

Comment

• Laughing. my. ass. off!

Comment

• @ Kaal979: Why laughing?

Comment

• Originally posted by meowcat View Post
                            @ Blade_hunter: No problem, I'll be uploading more files as I finalize and polish them (still have a few more maps, the Jet Paack, and YARM to add).
                            Thanks a lot and don't mind creating a mod page would make things easier to find all your mods under those and make your mod more popular.

Comment

[...] so I decided to use the crouch animation instead, do you have a different recommendation? [...]
                              Now that I think of it, would it be possible to use a certain frame of the double-jump animation? That should have a good pose for the ATV I think.

Comment

@ Kaal979: Why laughing?
                                No offense ment after all the
                                quad isnt a great vehicle anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                                X