X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Beta 3 has been released. View the ChangeLog here:

http://www.unrealmark.net/linuxchanges.php

The links/info at the beginning of this thread have been updated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since I have released two beta versions, both of which had some bad errors for some users, that I wasn't aware of...I'm going to start releasing UMark builds in between the regular (official) version releases.

I threw together a new section of the website, which will always have the bleeding edge UMark code, straight off the development machine. Check it out:

http://www.unrealmark.net/builds

And of course, if you are only interested in the "official" releases, you can always find the latest version at the top download bar from the homepage:

http://www.unrealmark.net

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Slackware 10.0, which is about a year old, so it doesn't require all the latest packages. The dependencies have been setup by the scripts provided by Glade. It seems that pretty much any program skeleton built from Glade (which I am sure there are dozens, if not hundreds out there) will require automake.

If you want to regenerate the makefiles, etc., then try runing ./autogen.sh and it should fix that problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What Distro are you building this on? Why are you requiring automake version 1.8?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UMark for Linux Beta 2 has been released. This release addresses compiler issues and scanning of installed UT200x versions and their proper directories, as well as other, minor improvements. Testing, bug reports, and/or confirmation it is working are very much needed, as it is currently only tested on the development machine.

Download it now!!

The full ChangeLog is here:

UMark 2.0.0 (for Linux) Beta 2 (28/03/2005):

- Added support for UT2003 Demo version.
    - Added dynamic scanning of installed UT200x versions (using written perl scripts).
    - Use of $HOME/.umarkrc file to manually configure UT200x install paths if necessary.
    - Typecasted all offending pointers to stop compiler warnings (or errors on some machines).
    - Fixed benchmark type to change after modifying or clearing a preset list.
    - Proper detection of the UT200x build number.
    - Updated data installation/configuration script.

UMark 2.0.0 (for Linux) Beta 1 (22/03/2005):

- Changed the program name to UMark.
    - Support for the retail version of UT2004 (demo support in progress).
    - Added more options in the preset map lists.
    - Completed functionality in controls for batch benchmarking.
    - Completed log reading/writing and results dialog.
    - Dynamic scanning of installed Ut200x maps into the combo box.
    - Open/save results via binary .umark files (compatible with win32).
    - Perl scripts for detecting hardware and generating HTML graphs.
    - Updated the user interface to UMark 2.0.0 as much as possible.
    - Use of Gtk+ 2.0 widgets instead of deprecated, Gtk+ 1.x widgets.
    - Using GtkFileChooser instead of ordinary open/save dialogs.
    - Now runs benchmarks on detail levels other than "Current" without crashing.
    - Updated the logo picture, added the UMark icons.

UT2k3{BM}2 1.0.0 Alpha (??/??/2003):

- Initial conceptual release.
    - Complete rewrite from MFC/C++ to C using Gtk+.
    - Not recommended for actual use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    floam :

Did you change it to "/opt/%s"? What does it say in the console window when it crashes? Is it the same as before? If this is the case, I am thinking that your version of Gtk+ is a little more strict than mine on pointer type casting. I will have to clean up my code a bit more to fix these errors you are having.

If you'd like I can modify my code and privately send you the patches for you to test to make sure it works. PM me your email address if you are interested.

I also noticed in your previous post, you are using `src/umark` to execute the program, and it can't find the pixmaps. It shouldn't do that anymore after performing a `make install`.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It still dies there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope. It's installed in /opt/ut2004/. I'll change it in the code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad you have shared your input. If anyone else has problems, feel free to post about it in this thread, or in the UMark forums.

This is exactly why I released this as a beta version, as I don't know anybody that runs UT2004 on Linux, I could not possibly have had a chance to test it on any other computer except my own.

floam:
    I thought the Gtk+ 2.x.x API was pretty much the same, but I guess not. I believe I am using Gtk+ 2.2.4, which is what came with Slackware 10.0 and gcc 3.3.4 which didn't seem to complain during the compile.

Well, you were clever enough to patch the code to compile right and let me know about it, so I hope the patch works on my system as well. Let's get down to the other problem. When you select UT200x version, it should create a /home/floam/.ut2004/Benchmark/.UMMAP_LST file, but it doesn't in your case and it fails to re-read it. I think this may have to do with the next issue - the UT2004 install path. Do you have UT2004 installed in /usr/local/games/ut2004? If you don't, then I know exactly why.

Xeno_NGC:
    I was planning on doing so, I just haven't implemented it yet. After all the work on UMatk, I kind of forgot that the path was hard-coded by the time I released the software. Sorry about that everyone. Well, at least it's hard-coded to the default install path, so hopefully the majority doesn't have to suffer from my mistake until I get this all straightened out.

In the meantime, I have a workaround for the hardcoded UT200x install path. You can change the path yourself and recompile it.

1. Open up UMark/src/callbacks.c in a text editor.
    2. Go to line 523 and find:

utdir = g_strdup_printf("/usr/local/games/%s", utver);

(%s means ut2003/ut2004, whichever is selected for ut200x version)

3. Edit the path to point to your UT200x installation directory, but do not include "ut2003" or "ut2004" at the end of the path name eg. if it's /usr/games/ut2004, just put /usr/games/%s.
    4. Save.
    5. Recompile.

That should do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My ut2004 install is not in /usr/local/games! I don't like hardcoded paths!

So why don't you parse ~/.ut2004/System/UT2004.log for the base directory or ask the user for it?

To parse the base directory should be simple, like my log says the base directory:
    UT2004.log:Init: Base directory: /priv/ut2004/System/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now that it actually runs, it crashes as soon as I select ut2004 under "UT200X Version".
    Code:
    floam@freindly ~/Downloads/UMark-new $ src/umark

** (umark:24451): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: umark/umark.xpm

** (umark:24451): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: umark/umark.png

(umark:24451): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_list_store_remove: assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, list_store)' failed

(umark:24451): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_list_store_remove: assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, list_store)' failed

sh: /home/floam/.ut2004/Benchmark/.UMMAP_LST: No such file or directory

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool. One problem, it doesn't build here.

I've got GTK+ 2.6, GCC 3.4.3, and am on x86_64.

The actual error is bolded, since it's kind of hard to see among all the warnings.
    Code:
    callbacks.c: In function `on_version_changed':
    callbacks.c:522: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    callbacks.c:526: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:527: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_maps_changed':
    callbacks.c:584: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnbenchmark_clicked':
    callbacks.c:622: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:623: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:623: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: At top level:
    callbacks.c:891: error: conflicting types for 'read_results_log'
    callbacks.c:701: error: previous implicit declaration of 'read_results_log' was here
    callbacks.c: In function `read_results_log':
    callbacks.c:906: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:907: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:907: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:925: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    callbacks.c:925: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    callbacks.c:927: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    callbacks.c:937: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    callbacks.c: In function `on_fileentryini_changed':
    callbacks.c:1077: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnpreset_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1102: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1103: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1103: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnmoveup_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1257: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1258: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1258: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1261: warning: passing arg 2 of `gtk_tree_selection_get_selected' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnmovedown_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1277: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1278: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1278: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1281: warning: passing arg 2 of `gtk_tree_selection_get_selected' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnadd_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1295: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1296: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1296: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnremove_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1313: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1314: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1314: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1317: warning: passing arg 2 of `gtk_tree_selection_get_selected' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnclear_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1332: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1333: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1333: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnloadlist_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1354: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1355: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1355: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnsavelist_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1430: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1431: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnloadlog_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1527: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1528: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1528: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c: In function `on_btnsavelog_clicked':
    callbacks.c:1747: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_widget_get_toplevel' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1748: warning: passing arg 1 of `gtk_tree_view_get_model' from incompatible pointer type
    callbacks.c:1748: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    make[2]: *** [callbacks.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/floam/Downloads/UMark/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/floam/Downloads/UMark'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Here's the trivial patch that made it compile. Probably not correct.
    Code:
    diff -Naur UMark/src/callbacks.c UMark-new/src/callbacks.c
    --- UMark/src/callbacks.c       2005-03-23 06:08:38.000000000 -0800
    +++ UMark-new/src/callbacks.c   2005-03-23 23:29:50.693959360 -0800
    @@ -698,7 +698,7 @@
            ResultsBox = create_ResultsDlg();
            create_model_resultlist(lookup_widget( GTK_WIDGET(ResultsBox), "TvResults") );

-       read_results_log(button);
    +       //read_results_log(button);
            gtk_widget_show(ResultsBox);
     }

Leave a comment:

• UMark for Linux 2.0.0 Beta 3 [PICS] [UPDATED AGAIN]

Name: UMark for Linux
    Version: 2.0.0 Beta 3
    Compatibility: UT2003 Retail, UT2004 Retail, UT2003 Demo, UT2004 Demo

Description:
    UMark is an open source graphical interface and data collection system for running benchmarks with Unreal® Tournament 2003/2004. It is also coupled with a searchable online database called UMark Online.

Requirements:
    UT2003 Retail, UT2004 Retail, UT2003 Demo, or UT2004 Demo. Each game must be at least run once under each user before installing UMark. Gtk+ 2.0 and Automake is required for compiling. Perl 5 is also required.

Comments:
    This release cuts ties with Gnome dependencies, as it has been redesigned with only Gtk+ widgets, also making the compiled binary over 160KB smaller. Beta 3 features support for timedemo benchmaking, UT2004 demo, as well as a slew of interface and functionality improvements.

This new release will provide the Linux gaming and hardware community with a means to benchmark a popular 3D engine comparable to the Windows® platform. The Linux version doesn't have support for the UMark Online benchmarking database yet, but with future releases, UMark Online will bridge the gap in benhcmarking between the two operating systems.

Screenshots:

Credits: UMark, UMark for Linux, and UMark Online are created by Jeffrey Bakker.

Homepage: http://www.unrealmark.net

Download:
    http://unrealmark.net/dl/UMark-for-L...0-Beta3.tar.gz
    http://umark.damnclan.com/dl/UMark-f...0-Beta3.tar.gz
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/u...0-Beta3.tar.gz
Working...
X