"Mechmod" (temp name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mechmod" (temp name)

ok ladies and gents...after sitting here all day thinking about my mod idea...i decided on throwing together a Mod Design Document where I lay out the basic overview of the game. (at bottom). This would be similar to the Mechwarrior/Battletech/G-Nome games of yore......

I am doing this to gain support for this project. Keep in mind I am not doing this flippantly....i really have a desire to make this.

If you have ANY experience with modeling, photoshop, UED3, or coding please consider helping me out on this. I am not looking to make something huge....i want to start off by making a tiny slice of the game, testing it and tweaking it and if people like it, going on and completing the final vision.

If I cannot fill my team positions in time I will not carry on with the mod, plain and simple. I either going to go at this 100% or not at all.

I would need

1 decent coder (who knows uscript duh!)
    2 decent modelers (not even GREAT...just decent)
    1-2 misc slots......

MECHMOD DESIGN DOCUMENT

thanks

HarvesterUT

I've read your design doc. and there's something I don't understand.
    ehm.. vehicles are more agile than a mech? I can't belive that ..

Comment

sure why not? a tank or hovercraft would be faster than a mech and could also turn around quicker and get over hills quicker, go under bridges, etc etc.

Comment

some vehicles should be faster than MOST mechs - but they suffer from various terrian, and are obviously cannon fodder...

thats sort of **** about face... vehicles - fast but turns slow ...mechs - medium speed - turn fast...

the actual mechwarrior games do a very bad job of givng mechs the agility the should have (they handled like old cars carrying several tons) - mechassault gave a much better representation of how agile mechs really are (the freedom of having legs is the reason mechs are created - but the mechwarrior series has sadly neglected this fact)

mechwarrior style with the speed and agility of mechassault - yes please!

Comment

well this taking the Mechwarrior world and making at not quite as futuristic and also that mechs arent as big as they are in mechwarrior. they will be about 2-3x the size of normal tanks....

but i agree that mechs can turn and fire quickly....but not move as fast as a tank or other vehicle. of course i am taking all this into consideration in the design phase

Comment

Why would i want to play a game where mechs are the drawing feature... but suck ***? :| that's no fun.

Comment

it is fun man, you have to look at the bright side. <--like that smiley, hes happy why shouuldnt you be?

Comment

Originally posted by NickB
                Why would i want to play a game where mechs are the drawing feature... but suck ***? :| that's no fun.
                lol who said the mechs would suck ***?

Comment

if tanks are better than mechs they suck ***.

Comment

Originally posted by NickB
                    if tanks are better than mechs they suck ***.
                    who said they were better? hell no mechs rule tanks....but you get a few tanks on a mech and he is in trouble

Comment

lmao. I love newbs.

Comment

i love noobs too. :weird:

Comment

SOME NEWS!

i picked up a coder and have some models i have been working on....

check out this page for some screenshots of the Mechs and Flying Vehicle....

Comment

Looks nice. The site on the other hand.........................:bulb:

Comment

hehe the site is something threw together in 5 min to give me a place to post some screenshots....i never said i was a web designer

Comment

Working...
                              X