X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Yro

Name: DM-Yro
    Version: beta 1
    Compatibility: tested with UT2004 + ECE + latest patch, but should also run without ECE and earlier patch versions
    Description: small map for 2 - 4 players
    Screenshot:

Download: click me

looks nice, looks very clean as well. Needs more shadows and more variation in colour.

MsM

Comment

Originally posted by Yournan2000
      Needs more shadows and more variation in colour.
      I disagree. It looks like it's globally illuminated at the moment, and that's awsome. Clean, stylish and futuristic in a 2001 kind of way.

It doesn't need 5 differently coloured lights per room and brick, wood, metal and sand textures all on one mesh to be a sweet UT2004 map.

Good job, R0Y.

Comment

i LUV the music.
        please add more pink, blue color bubbles in the strange thingys ( http://www.roy-net.de/utmapshots/Yro/Shot00160.jpg ) so people without the music still feel the charm of the map.
        and at the 50a, make the floor in "glass" because the floor getting downlike that seems to "break the harmony".
        oh and the top vent "tubes" have texture unalignement and make them pure steel, not reflecting clounds :bulb:

oh and spider mines can stay on the screen ( http://www.roy-net.de/utmapshots/Yro/Shot00170.jpg ) making perfect ambushes. (though nobody uses the mut to replace a weapon to an ONS one, i can tell you)
        our site is down but it should be up in some time (ask cat)
        also, in the "main room" ( http://www.roy-net.de/utmapshots/Yro/Shot00154.jpg ) you see the light effect, but when you are in the light, you don't really see a light source.

Comment

a clean, Liandri style. Nice. :up:

Comment

Aye, even if the level didn't look very playable from those screens I'd probably still download it just for the change of pace in lighting. Very nicely done.

Comment

Original title you got there...

Comment

I'll have to try this one out later. It looks like it will have some frenetic action in some of the open areas

Originally posted by Ickle
                Original title you got there...
                Wasn't there like a AS-Yro or something? You know that one where you try to fly those fighters around that cube-thingy in the sky? No? Ok. :bored:

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost
                  Wasn't there like a AS-Yro or something? You know that one where you try to fly those fighters around that cube-thingy in the sky? No? Ok. :bored:
                  Nah, that was AS-MysteryCube or something like that.

Comment

Nice clean map! :up: these maps are kinda rare, but are very nice!!:up:

Comment

I love the music. I'm praying it makes survives until the final build!

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost
                        I was referring to it being an anagram of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ickle
                          I was referring to it being an anagram of something.
                          lol.. he was right though, as-Yro was also made by roy... and iirc, it was in the same theme of dm-roy which had a neat idea on paper, but really poor in game...

all windowed DM map.. lovely....

yeah.

Comment

hmmmmmmmm

i love the look - it is clean. it looks great!

Comment

Agreed, looks nice, shiny and clean, which is a good thing. Way too many maps out there in heavy industrial themes, it's good to see something new and refreshing :up:

I like the texture work, but personally think you should add a little more detail into some of them. Nothing major as the clean look itself is good, but a few extra details like grills and wires and so on would be a welcome sight to break up some the tiling. Don't rely so heavily on bevel/ emboss to define details - try some freehand drawing of details

The only thing I really don't like is the environment map you've used on the shiny pipes in the ceiling and one or two other places. You should seriously think about chaning it to WorldSpace coords instead of CameraSpace so the EnvMap doesn't move around in such a dodgy fasion when you move.

Overall, big thumbs up :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X