No announcement yet.

FlyMutator7 [PREVIEW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess skipping would be a good name for it and I think it more or less relates to the bot or pawn transitioning between animation movements between jumping and walking/running! In normal game play mode the transition is natural and each animation class I think kind of has its own set of leg movements while in the air from a jump or combo move till they hit the ground again and continue to walk or run or dodge ect. Now In flymode I think the bot or pawn still trys to use these animation movements and its not noticeable really until the bot or pawn is in a position where the transition would normally occur in the jump/walk/run! If that makes any sense. But not in spectator mode the bot or pawn can fly but the animation sequences seem to be disabled so the jittery effect doesnt come into play! So like when a bot or pawn is in flight using the mute and is close to someting like a wall or the ground, it trys to walk or run or whatever based on what its predetermined animation code is but it cannot because flymode has overrode and I think right at that point it creates like a jitter or skipping effect! And im sure you allready know this but, I am just trying to help and hopefully figure it out! I dont know if the spectator flymode can be incorperated into the flymute but somewhere in there I think is the fix! Anyway I wait for 7 and thanks for all the other stuff you have contributed!
    If this "stuttering" is anything like what I've got in the MatrixMoves, then it's not just animation related, but also physics-state related... (The two are linked, however... ) I can tell this because I have people running in first person view mode getting the stutter that I can look at and see their pawn constantly "falling" even though they should have landed... They wouldn't have the problems of not being able to jump or crouch hover,e tc. if it were purely an animation problem, because in first person view, you have no pawn locally to animate...

The problem on our end is still a matter of reproducability. I can't force this to happen, and some of my playtesters see this quite a lot... Our current suspicion is a hangup by the physics engine on collisions with high-poly static meshes that a mapper didn't anticipate would get touched due to their hieght... Now add super-jump, increased double-jump, and wallrun to the mix (or fly, of course!!), and you have players able to interact with very complicated poly arrangements with no blocking volumes wrapped around them to buffer them... It seems plausible, but actually proving it and find a solution is the challenge, of course...

Comment

Yes indeed

Quite a challange! I noticed in this Devastation mp Demo I got, in the server start up menu the option, having the "Full physics" box checked will enable the pawns to pick up various things and toss them or use them. Also it they run into stuff like barrels or boxes ect the things will react to the pawn hitting them. Any way the point here is check out this unreal engine demo or game if you want to buy it, I think it has some very interesting and useful stuff here!!

Comment

Here are two screenshots of the new Egyptian wings:

This leaves just one wing type to make. I could do with some ideas, if anyone has any. It is for either the nightmare or alien characters, since I haven't decided which of those should get the bat wings.

Comment

Well if you give the alien the bat wings you can give the nightmare's demon wings.

Thoes egyptian wings look cool. Awaitng the mutator.

Comment

I dunno...whenever I hang out with winged demons, they always have bat-like wings.
            Aliens, however, could look like anything (they're alien, after all)...this opens up greater possibilities IMO.

Comment

Bat wings = perfect for the nightmare'ers.

Dunno what should be on the aliens, but make it really outlandish...

Comment

The egyptian wings look good, altough they don't quite have a real egyptian feel. They look more like a simplified eagle for an imperial regiment as it reminds me of the imperial/spacemarine symbol in Warhammer 40k.
                Isn't there a more wing-like glyph they could use ?
                Perhaps something like the eye of Horus, but shaped like a pair of wings ?

I think something furry / bird-like wings would fit the aliens best because one of the female aliens has a few feathers (or things that look like that) sticking out already.

The nightmares would need something demon-like. So I guess the bat-wings with a more 'nightmare'-type skin would be perfect.

Comment

maybe the aliens wings could be like the stuff coming out of Motig and Seligs heads - kinda wierd flaling tentacle things...

Comment

Perhaps the nightmares could have skeletal wings and the aliens could have bat-like wings. Or you could add thrusters on the bottom of the aliens feet and on their back and instead of fire coming out of them you could have something glowing like the engines on the starships in Star Wars and Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by BeckXII
                      maybe the aliens wings could be like the stuff coming out of Motig and Seligs heads - kinda wierd flaling tentacle things...
                      Wow! That just gave me a great Idea for the alien wings. Three cylindrical elongated cone like structures for each wing. 2 would be for the outer edges of the wings, and one would be for in the center of the wing. The cone like structures would be wider near the back where they would meet, and each one would come to a point at the end on the wing. You could curve them, to look more wing like too. Then in between the cone like structures connecting them would be a thin semi see through substance, of some color. The wings would be made of some sort of either metal, or biological substance. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
                        Wow! That just gave me a great Idea for the alien wings. Three cylindrical elongated cone like structures for each wing. 2 would be for the outer edges of the wings, and one would be for in the center of the wing. The cone like structures would be wider near the back where they would meet, and each one would come to a point at the end on the wing. You could curve them, to look more wing like too. Then in between the cone like structures connecting them would be a thin semi see through substance, of some color. The wings would be made of some sort of either metal, or biological substance. What do you think?
                        Wow indeed! That sound essentially identical to the wings I have just been sent! Are you psychic?

Thanks for all your ideas, but no more are needed now that all the wings are done. I will post a pic of the alien wings when they are completed.

Comment

I don't think the bat wings fit very well with the Gen Mo'Kai models, but do a much better job on the Nightmare models.

I was thinking about what you can just make out in this pic:
                          http://www.planetunreal.com/ut2003/screenshots/3.jpg
                          Underneath her feet, and on her lower arms she has webbed boney thingies.
                          (I'm sure there's a word for it that would fit their description.)
                          I'm not sure how exactly one would go about to make some kind of wings out of them though...
                          I also think only the females have those sails, and I'm too late already anyway.

Curious about the 3 dreadlock-derived-tail-thingies... or something.

Comment

come on man

This is the mute to be working on! We need for this week end! And dont forget devastation which is dead now will definitely be a place for some good mute and mod building! hopefully soon but it is just a wack mess now!

Comment

Working...
                            X