FlyMutator7 [PREVIEW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyMutator7 [PREVIEW]

If you don't know what this mutator is, you can read about it here: http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/...flymutator.htm

Version 7 will have the following improvements over version 6:
    • Fixed a bug that caused wings to become invisible for all combos instead of just for invisibility.
    • Fixed bug that prevented flying after translocation.
    • Allowed user-selection of wing colour.
    • Added option to start off walking.
    • Added species-dependant wings.

If you have any suggestions, now is the time. Please note that I won't be adding wing animations.

The new wing models are being crafted by Mikshaw. Two have been done so far. Here's a picture of the JetPack model (unskinned) that Juggernauts get:

And one of the bat-like wings that either the nightmare or alien (haven't decided which yet) characters will get:

EDIT: Removed erroneous 'l'.

Looks sweet.
    Is there any way to implement a toggle? (So we can fly if its toggled on, or walk when toggled off)

Also, will FlyMutator work flawlessly with TakenFromBehind2??

Comment

cool.
      option 2 fly or walk whenever u want.....so yu start of walking, then press a key and wings fold out and u can fly...then land and walk again......with good bot support doing the same.

Comment

There are two ways to toggle flying on/off. You can double-tap the jump key (responds quicker than double-jumping so they don't conflict) or you can bind it to a key by typing 'set input x mutate togglefly' at the console, where 'x' is whatever key you want. This is the same as the last version.

Unfortunately it will not work with TakenFromBehind since both require that the controller be replaced. I may at some point fix it by combining both mutators into one. Actually, I think I will definitely do it, since they are an obvious combination, but it will have to wait until the next version.

Comment

it would also be cool to have different models having different forms, such as:

Juggernauts - Hoverpacks (as shown)
          Mercs and female soldiers - Wings
          Aliens - some sort of hover thing
          Egyptians - Pheonix wings (golden)
          Nightmare - Dragonwings

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
            There are two ways to toggle flying on/off. You can double-tap the jump key (responds quicker than double-jumping so they don't conflict) or you can bind it to a key by typing 'set input x mutate togglefly' at the console, where 'x' is whatever key you want. This is the same as the last version.
            Can you put a small key binder in the Configuration Options for hte mutator? (I hate typing, lol)

Comment

You forgot one :
              = robots -> jetpack too ?

What about custom-models ?
              The Angel-interceptor already has a pair of wings ...

If possible I'd like to choose which 'wings' are used so a custom-model that looks like a robot can get the jetpack as well.

While the jetpack looks good for the juggernaut, I think robots and cyborg characters might want something a little more elegant.

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                You forgot one :
                = robots -> jetpack too ?

What about custom-models ?
                The Angel-interceptor already has a pair of wings ...

If possible I'd like to choose which 'wings' are used so a custom-model that looks like a robot can get the jetpack as well.

While the jetpack looks good for the juggernaut, I think robots and cyborg characters might want something a little more elegant.
                Not all the wing models are done yet (three so far, including the original ones). The robots will get much less chunky jetpacks.

Currently, which wings are used is decided by the 'SpeciesName' variable in the 'SpeciesType' class, so if the .upl file for your character has a species type matching one of the standard species then it will get the matching wing type. If it's a custom species it can still get the right wings if the 'SpeciesName' is a standard one, otherwise it will be asigned the default (feathered) wings.

However, there is a problem with custom models if they use a custom skeleton, since the wings are attached to the 'spine' bone. If that bone is not in the same place as the standard models then the wings will appear in the wrong place (this happens to the Bender model). The only way I could fix that is to individually add support for every single custom model with a non-standard skeleton.

Comment

The 'SpeciesName' is a *localized* string ... which means that you'll run into problems on non-english/international systems!

The SpeciesClass probably is safer because even subclassed species will be seen that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                    The 'SpeciesName' is a *localized* string ...
                    Thanks for pointing that out! It would have caused a big headache since I've noticed that my mutators tend to turn up a lot on German and French sites. I decided to go by 'RaceNum' instead, as then it will be possible to subclass a species but use a different wing type. as far as I can tell, 'RaceNum' is not used anywhere in the code, so it should be safe to set to any value without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Loosecontroll6
                      Aliens - some sort of hover thing
                      Got anything specific in mind? I don't really have any solid ideas for the models...just sort of...um.... winging it.

Mr. Evil: Just a tiny correction...there's no "L" in mikshaw

Comment

Originally posted by mrblog
                        Mr. Evil: Just a tiny correction...there's no "L" in mikshaw
                        Sorry!

The 'hover-thing' suggestion may not be suitable because: a) I want to keep everything attached to the spine. b) It may look a bit funny when walking.

Comment

Looks sweet, to bad the wings won't be animated though.

Maybe a techno, metal bird wing/jet pack with 2 small jets would go good with the aliens? If you are looking for ideas like I think you are. Either that or some fancy wing to match the fether head dress.

Are the Egyptions getting their own wings too?

Comment

Yea

Bring it on dude! Dam Im the only server to use fly6 and I have used it since its it was first released! Hopefully more servers will realize how cool and fun the flymute is when this is unleashed!!
                            Lets have it, I cant wait!! :haha: :haha:

O still some jitters with fly5 and fly6, I just cant figure how to get it to work similar to spectator flying if you know what I mean! Its not that big of a deal but I try all settings to fix it! Its like if you look you can see the pawn in flight but close to the ground and thier legs are jumping around and it creates a jerkyness even though thier in flymode! So there is a conflict there between the flying and the pawns animations or leg movements and it occurs when the pawn is close to the ground or around walls ect! Thats the only glitch I see!

And If you could fix that in this new version it would be so sweet!
                            I think it could possibly be fixed by altering the pawns animations or creating a new! Im not sure Im just guessing.

O yea also Im sure you are aware that after alt reedemer fire the pawn will lose fly and if the pawn enters water it will lose fly! The enter water and lose fly though is ok because it more realistic but, the reedemer alt after the warhead explodes you will lose fly but you can toggle at that moment but most people dont realize this! And after you enter the water in fly you must swim to the shore and then toggle fly or 2 tap jump key to regain flymode!

Comment

It sounds to me like I have that same stuttery stuff showing up now and then during network games in my remake of Reactor4's MatrixMoves mute, and will be working to track it down... I'll let you know if I find anything resembling a solution...

BTW, MrEvil, I borrowed a clever line of AirResistance code from your Fly6 for the Matrix-Hover... Just wanted to complement you and thank you... I have you in my references on http://www.planetunreal.com/proleague/thematrix.html where MonkeyCircus and I are hosting our merged MonkeyMatrixMoves mute. If you have a fav link you'd like me to post on our site, I'd be glad to...

Comment

Working...
                              X