DM-Closer2k4 (ON HOLD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Closer2k4 (ON HOLD)

This map is currently on hold as there are a few other maps which i favour more than this and want to progress with, i also don't feel its going to well either so going to take a break from it.

MsM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: DM-Closer2k4
    Version: beta
    Compatibility: ut2k4 latest patch
    Description: This arena was created by Liandri to train their prize & captive warrior, Xan. After spending many hours in the arena and destroying combat droids and fellow prisoners, Xan and the arena were demmed ready for the tournament and entered.
    Comments: only half finished!
    Credits: Credit to the original author Alan "Talisman" Willard

feedback and suggestions welcome, this map is only half finished and i'm looking to make it look more techno so any suggestions on that. Beta testers will be needed once completed. Also take no notice of the fps as its not optmized yet.

I've also moved the spawn points around and a few bits of ammo and another weapon has been added because some placements were just plain weird.

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/b16b73a8.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/97b92e48.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/a5df166b.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/msm/3f20c68f.jpg[/screenshot]

MsM

I don't know the original, but pic 2 looks good! (btw, what's that black square in the middle? :bulb: ) Hurray for that curve! Use more of them! :up:
    Use some Desp#2 textures from CBP2. (TelCoMex or what was that...)

Comment

Looks pretty sweet from pics. Keep em comming! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
        I don't know the original, but pic 2 looks good! (btw, what's that black square in the middle? :bulb: ) Hurray for that curve! Use more of them! :up:
        Use some Desp#2 textures from CBP2. (TelCoMex or what was that...)
        thanks mate, the black square is another room which isn't finished to no lighting in there. I will check out desps textures but i don't have that map anymore.

Zynith

thanks mate, there was some more screenies but disk was corrupt so couldn't get the rest of.

thanks guys

MsM

Comment

Originally posted by Yournan2000
          I will check out desps textures but i don't have that map anymore.
          MsM
          You don't need the map. Check the files beginning with desp... in your textures folder!

Comment

Ohh, Closer, good memories

Are the boots in, right?

Comment

i dont think ive played the original enough to remember this, but it looks good.

Comment

looks cool...reminds me of dm-injector...I'm not really digging that wall texture though

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
                  You don't need the map. Check the files beginning with desp... in your textures folder!
                  wasn't the texture file for his map custom and come with cbp2?if so i would have deleted it but i will check out the desp files, only one i know of is the skaarj package.

Bort Simpson

no boots..........sorry.

{MM}Juggalo_kyl

PointlesS

DM-Injector was the original theme for this map, but wanted to go for something a bit more brighter if you know what i mean as injector was quite dull and dark. The wall texture only looks good with shadow work and lots of meshs, smoething i'm still working on this type of theme can give excellent shadows if lighting and meshs are done correctly.

thanks for the feedback guys, going to look into the wall texture and try and sort out the lighting on it or add more meshs so it not so noticeable or bare.

MsM

Comment

Looks nice, but I'd like to see this with TelMecoMEX's textures too.

Comment

Bort Simpson

no boots..........sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort Simpson
                        Yeah, can't you grab Mr. Evil's Boots of Jumping 2.0? You don't need to include the BoJ packages seperate from the level now...

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski
                          Looks nice, but I'd like to see this with TelMecoMEX's textures too.
                          *digging out disk with cbp2*

Bort Simpson

i can't see much use for the jump boots in this map really, if you could tell me a good reason for them i'ii stick them in.

Iceboy2003

i will look into it mate, as is said to bort i ca't see much point in having the jump boots as the u-damage has moved else where.

thanks for the feedback guys, will be thinking about the jump boots.

MsM

Comment

Ah ok. I hadn't read through the thread fully to see you were moving the u-dam around.

Iceboy2003

i will look into it mate, as is said to bort i ca't see much point in having the jump boots as the u-damage has moved else where.

thanks for the feedback guys, will be thinking about the jump boots.

MsM [/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
                              Ah ok. I hadn't read through the thread fully to see you were moving the u-dam around.
                              n/p mate, i've moved the u-damage were the thigh pads used to be, the 50% shield is on the top on the curve part and the 100% shield is in that lower corridor with the two lifts at the end.

if you really think jumpboots are still needed i guess i could add them in.

MsM

Comment

Working...
                              X