[MAP:DM] DM-Isis........Check it Out!.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx For Comments Guys!.

There will be an emitter at the bottom of the waterfall likw wisps od smoke or something.
    There are ambient sounds already such as wind/crickets and a few bird calls but i will be adding more when more of the indoor areas get finished.

I did think about a CTF version and there will be 1 but the map and layout may change a bit but keep the same outdoor, rocky theme.

Teddie, if u could give me a few pointers on outdoor lighting then that would be great. Basically i have stuck 1 sunlight actor in the map but there is no "REAL" Terrain in this map, it's purely made from rock meshes including the ground and some are lighting up brighter than others even though the sun is hitting them both in same area and makes it look kinda weird.

Comment

you're getting pretty good with this Loosecontrol. The map looks good. Though I'm more interested in how this play.
      If you need testers, I'll be honored to test it out for you.

DM-Isis is the better name btw.

Comment

Thanx DeRailer!.
        I hope i'm getting better, i just need 2 learn Max or Maya now. I have them both installed but just bein lazy learning them.

I will probably be releasing 2 versions of this map.....a DM and CTF version with some differences between them.

I too am interested how it will play with bots. There is a lot of room and hiding places to sneak up on and the map has a kinda Indiana Jones feel with entrances in side of mountains and such.

Comment

Any Ideas are welcome!.

Comment

Loosecontrol,

Hey bro.
            I tried to open the map you sent me but I got this:

Failed to enter D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 2003\Maps\DM-Karnak2.ut2: Can't find file for package 'Egyptmeshes'

I have the DE and Epic bonus pack installed already.

Any thoughts?

Comment

hmmm.
              Sharpfish had same problem with previous map.
              i'll include file and send again.

Comment

Originally posted by Loosecontroll6
                hmmm.
                Sharpfish had same problem with previous map.
                i'll include file and send again.

send send. I wanna test it bro.

Comment

ok.sending again now.
                  check you emails in about 5mins.

Comment

ok.sending again now.
                    check you emails in about 5mins.

Got it. Thanks. I'll check it out after work the work day (or during it).

Comment

LooseControl,

First off, great atmosphere and good music choice.
                      Take your time with this one. I think it will be a keeper on my harddrive.

I might try and take some screenies to point out some things, but in general:

I wouldn't let give plants collision. I bumbed into a fern and poked my eye out.

There are certain spots in the rock structures where I feel I should just be able to walk up like a stair step.

Some of the rockmeshes are lighting up funny like we were talking about is because there are not enough polys in the mesh to distribute the light evenly. So if the mesh is made up of long long ploys and one part of the poly gets no light, then the whole poly will look like it's getting no light... I don't know if I'm making that clear the way I'm trying to explain it.

I would subdvide it and re-triple then import it back in.

Comment

Thanx Ted.
                        I will be taking time yes. Plants will be getting collision dones.
                        If u could take screens of places that need sorting that would be great, but i know the Indoor sections need doing big time....just figuring out how.

Could u also explain about the light and meshes as what u said just went way over my head with the subdivide thingy.

Thanx.

Comment

I love the way this looks at the moment, a breath of fresh air to the egyptian theme! I'll watch for its release.

Comment

Thanx Ted.
                            I will be taking time yes. Plants will be getting collision dones.
                            If u could take screens of places that need sorting that would be great, but i know the Indoor sections need doing big time....just figuring out how.

Could u also explain about the light and meshes as what u said just went way over my head with the subdivide thingy.

Thanx.

No problem. I just got your email. I'll talk to you about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X