[MAP:DM] DM-Isis........Check it Out!.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MAP:DM] DM-Isis........Check it Out!.

Here is a preview of my upcoming map wich has had a number of changes since is started a few months back.

I am happy with progress so far but lighting is **** on these meshes and needs to be sorted out big time.

Alot does need to be done still including more terrain/Areas.
    Lighting definatley still needs work, i know.

Let me know what u guys think!.
    any ideas etc.
    I am still working on Indoor areas, that's why u havn't seen much of it yet as i want terrain out the way 1st.

What do u peeps think to a name aswell.

DM-Karnak
    DM-Isis
    DM-Exploration
    DM-Adventure

Lookin sharp, man!
    You could name it 'DM-OutdoorEgyptianThingy' lol!

*i always have trouble naming stuff- the map i'm working on now is called 'dm-newbetatestthing'*

Keep it up!
    It really looks promising!
    -=sneak

Comment

Thanx.
      Should be ready within a week hopefully.

So far DM-Isis is best i think.....possibly Karnak, but i have another map idea for that being a CTF map too.

Comment

DM-Isis sounds best.

At first I thought it was a CTF map; should be interesting as a DM map I suppose. How does it play out?

I like the texturing on the terrain and cliffs. Nothing jumps out and bugs me about the looks, which is rare, so, good job from what I can tell.

(I just got done beta testing 4 maps, so my analytical abilities are pretty drained, atm )

*edit*
        the fifth screenie from the top. Why does the ground look cut off like that? :bulb:

Comment

lookin really good so far man, I like it :up:

Comment

Hey Plumb.
            I'm Beta testing the same maps for same gut i believe.
            I only tested 3 of em though.

DM-Isis is probably best, i agree.

Thanx for cooments.

Comment

DM-isis, bro.

Looking very nice. What player load are you shooting for on this one?

Hey, something looks odd to my eyes.

In pic three. What are you using to cast the shadow for the overhang? The shadow looks too sharp to my eyes.

Comment

It's quite a large open map, probably for around 6-8 players.

I will need 1 or 2 Testers soon aswell.
                About the shadow....it's actually how my Rock meshes are from the sunlight and not cast from the overhanging rock.

Lighting is weird on this map.

Good job on Face btw ted.

Comment

looks good

I noticed in some other maps I have recently downloaded that the mapper has used files from bonus packs to create thier maps.
                  Off the top of my head I think BarrensArchitecture-Scion.utx is one file which is about 12mgs in size and was not included in the zip with the map download. My point is that not all players or clients have bonus pack files installed which would mean for them to play a map made from using bonus pack files they would need all relevant files or have DE and epics bonus packs installed! Im not sure what files you are using to build your maps but I hope you dont assume that everyone has bonus packs and even 2199 patch yet! Just a thought!

Comment

I Know.
                    I'll just have to include the Epic/DE files into the zip that were used.
                    Only problem is the zip file will be larger.

Comment

Good thinking

So Im glad you are aware that new additions like bonus packs and how mappers use these new files are important to keep in perspective! I hope others who may not realize this take it into thought when building a map! I hope to download and try your list of maps here in my server. If you would provide a link for the finished ones and this new one when it is done!

Comment

This looks good. How large is it (how many players can you squeeze in it)?

The screenshots definitely make me think you could make a very nice CTF/BR map from this, provided you made the base and terrain symetrical.
                        The outdoor shots really make me think of paths and of base build in rock and with an open roof.
                        The second shot being the place where the goal/flag would be logically placed. (if this is not the middle of the map...)

Anyway give it a thought.

Comment

Looks nice. Just don't forget ambian sound, and music. Also shouldn't that waterfall have some sort of emmiter?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
                            Looks nice. Just don't forget ambian sound, and music. Also shouldn't that waterfall have some sort of emmiter?
                            I agree.

Hey I was running through the DE- (some egyptian name) map the other day without music and just by myself... Listening to the ambient sounds they laid out in there. Nice atmosphere.

Not that I really hear it when I'm playing to kill, but ambient sounds are a nice topper to a perfect cake (whatever that means).

Comment

Originally posted by Loosecontroll6
                              It's quite a large open map, probably for around 6-8 players.

I will need 1 or 2 Testers soon aswell.
                              About the shadow....it's actually how my Rock meshes are from the sunlight and not cast from the overhanging rock.

Lighting is weird on this map.

Ah. But is it a shadow from something else or a lighting "error".

I can tell you how to fix it if it's a dark lit polygon.

Originally posted by Loosecontroll6
                              Good job on Face btw ted.
                              Thanks bro. I put out a revision and found out something else is screwed... so here comes another revision as soon as I finish fixing my puter... I'm on my wife's at the moment... Dang, she runs her resolution low...

Comment

Working...
                              X