Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

AS-Krystalis Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS-Krystalis Station

Name:AS-Krystalis Station

Version:beta1

Compatibility:ECE + Latest Patch

Description:
    set shortly after as-protocore, story will be in final/last betas
    protocore link = http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=443149
    Comments:
    Bots only work up to the 4th objective, iv stoped work on the map till i see what kinda changes are needed on the 3rd objective, may need alot more blancing, bots are never as good as real players when it comes to blowing up things. There are loads of missing blocking volumes and loads of mesh work left to do, in fact i think you can driver the paladin out of the cave walls in areas, this is a beta to test the 3rd objective balance.

Screenshots:

Credits:
    well be in the read me file.

Homepage:
    http://www.clan-holo.com

Download:
    http://www.vensguard.com/beta/AS-KrystalisStation.zip

looks pretty cool man, ill have to give this one a test run. :up:

Comment

Very idiotic question and nice map

Very nice map. It looks like an Assault version of that one CTF map that had the dam and coldish setting. Anyways, stupid question. How exactly do you make Assault maps with all the objectives and such, and the triggering of switches and stuff? I am a total noob at mapping, scripting, coding, whatever. I can't find text tutorials online for 2004, and can't download videos on dial up 56K(yeah it sucks). I only got CD version of game so I was wondering if you could tell me how to make Assault maps. I got an idea for a Gundam(ya know, king of giant robot anime) Themed assault thing...sadly..dunno how to do anything.. :cry: PLEASE tell me :bored:

Comment

Re: Very idiotic question and nice map

Originally posted by Van_Fleihight
        Very nice map. It looks like an Assault version of that one CTF map that had the dam and coldish setting. Anyways, stupid question. How exactly do you make Assault maps with all the objectives and such, and the triggering of switches and stuff? I am a total noob at mapping, scripting, coding, whatever. I can't find text tutorials online for 2004, and can't download videos on dial up 56K(yeah it sucks). I only got CD version of game so I was wondering if you could tell me how to make Assault maps. I got an idea for a Gundam(ya know, king of giant robot anime) Themed assault thing...sadly..dunno how to do anything.. :cry: PLEASE tell me :bored:
        calling Angel_Mapper
        http://angelmapper.com/tutorials/assault.htm

Comment

Pffff, I'd highly recommend making other kinds of maps before jumping into Assault. There's all kinds of things to worry about, PlayerSpawnManagers, BlockedPaths, tons and tons of ScriptedTriggers, NetworkEmitters, NetworkTriggers, PhysicalObjectiveActorsTag, DefenseScripts, the intro matinee... :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
            looks pretty cool man, ill have to give this one a test run. :up:
            Me 2 it looks rly cool :up:

J112

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
              Pffff, I'd highly recommend making other kinds of maps before jumping into Assault. There's all kinds of things to worry about, PlayerSpawnManagers, BlockedPaths, tons and tons of ScriptedTriggers, NetworkEmitters, NetworkTriggers, PhysicalObjectiveActorsTag, DefenseScripts, the intro matinee... :bulb:
              dont scare the guy lol, but yah there hard to make, also the amount of play testing and bug testing you have to do is unreal.

angel mapper if you can give me your views on the map so far, balance and game speed wise, your one of the few ppl that give out good comments on assault maps, and the fact you hate race maps makes me listin to you more.

Comment

Rock on, Ven :up:

I hope you get great feedback on this map. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help make that happen.

Comment

I'm not the person to ask for gameplay feedback.

Comment

Hey Ven! Downloaded it and will try and get some feedback for you soon!

Comment

This looks like it will be hella fun to play online! :up:

I think that the SPMA opens up some nice possibilities.

Comment

Re: Re: Very idiotic question and nice map

Originally posted by Venguard
                        calling Angel_Mapper
                        http://angelmapper.com/tutorials/assault.htm
                        THANK YOU!! That helps so much. Finally a GOOD tutorial >.> where I don't need to download videos online because I wasn't fortunate to find DVD version. thank you thank you and so on. Now..only problem is finding burned to get rid of files

Comment

How is this coming along?

Comment

got loads of testing last night in some pugs, some blance issues to sort out but it got the tumbs up from alot of good assault players. expect a new version in the coming weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X