Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

AS-Krystalis Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AS-Krystalis Station

    Name:AS-Krystalis Station

    Version:beta1

    Compatibility:ECE + Latest Patch

    Description:
    set shortly after as-protocore, story will be in final/last betas
    protocore link = http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=443149
    Comments:
    Bots only work up to the 4th objective, iv stoped work on the map till i see what kinda changes are needed on the 3rd objective, may need alot more blancing, bots are never as good as real players when it comes to blowing up things. There are loads of missing blocking volumes and loads of mesh work left to do, in fact i think you can driver the paladin out of the cave walls in areas, this is a beta to test the 3rd objective balance.



    Screenshots:







    Credits:
    well be in the read me file.

    Homepage:
    http://www.clan-holo.com

    Download:
    http://www.vensguard.com/beta/AS-KrystalisStation.zip

    #2
    looks pretty cool man, ill have to give this one a test run. :up:

    Comment


      #3
      Very idiotic question and nice map

      Very nice map. It looks like an Assault version of that one CTF map that had the dam and coldish setting. Anyways, stupid question. How exactly do you make Assault maps with all the objectives and such, and the triggering of switches and stuff? I am a total noob at mapping, scripting, coding, whatever. I can't find text tutorials online for 2004, and can't download videos on dial up 56K(yeah it sucks). I only got CD version of game so I was wondering if you could tell me how to make Assault maps. I got an idea for a Gundam(ya know, king of giant robot anime) Themed assault thing...sadly..dunno how to do anything.. :cry: PLEASE tell me :bored:

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Very idiotic question and nice map

        Originally posted by Van_Fleihight
        Very nice map. It looks like an Assault version of that one CTF map that had the dam and coldish setting. Anyways, stupid question. How exactly do you make Assault maps with all the objectives and such, and the triggering of switches and stuff? I am a total noob at mapping, scripting, coding, whatever. I can't find text tutorials online for 2004, and can't download videos on dial up 56K(yeah it sucks). I only got CD version of game so I was wondering if you could tell me how to make Assault maps. I got an idea for a Gundam(ya know, king of giant robot anime) Themed assault thing...sadly..dunno how to do anything.. :cry: PLEASE tell me :bored:
        calling Angel_Mapper
        http://angelmapper.com/tutorials/assault.htm

        Comment


          #5
          Pffff, I'd highly recommend making other kinds of maps before jumping into Assault. There's all kinds of things to worry about, PlayerSpawnManagers, BlockedPaths, tons and tons of ScriptedTriggers, NetworkEmitters, NetworkTriggers, PhysicalObjectiveActorsTag, DefenseScripts, the intro matinee... :bulb:

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
            looks pretty cool man, ill have to give this one a test run. :up:
            Me 2 it looks rly cool :up:

            J112

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
              Pffff, I'd highly recommend making other kinds of maps before jumping into Assault. There's all kinds of things to worry about, PlayerSpawnManagers, BlockedPaths, tons and tons of ScriptedTriggers, NetworkEmitters, NetworkTriggers, PhysicalObjectiveActorsTag, DefenseScripts, the intro matinee... :bulb:
              dont scare the guy lol, but yah there hard to make, also the amount of play testing and bug testing you have to do is unreal.

              angel mapper if you can give me your views on the map so far, balance and game speed wise, your one of the few ppl that give out good comments on assault maps, and the fact you hate race maps makes me listin to you more.

              Comment


                #8
                Rock on, Ven :up:

                I hope you get great feedback on this map. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help make that happen.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm not the person to ask for gameplay feedback.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hey Ven! Downloaded it and will try and get some feedback for you soon!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This looks like it will be hella fun to play online! :up:

                      I think that the SPMA opens up some nice possibilities.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Re: Very idiotic question and nice map

                        Originally posted by Venguard
                        calling Angel_Mapper
                        http://angelmapper.com/tutorials/assault.htm
                        THANK YOU!! That helps so much. Finally a GOOD tutorial >.> where I don't need to download videos online because I wasn't fortunate to find DVD version. thank you thank you and so on. Now..only problem is finding burned to get rid of files

                        Comment


                          #13
                          How is this coming along?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            got loads of testing last night in some pugs, some blance issues to sort out but it got the tumbs up from alot of good assault players. expect a new version in the coming weeks.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X