CTF-DoubleDelicious - FINAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddie,

Thanks a bunch. I'll check that this evening after work. I will release beta 2 (hopefully tonight) once the texture issue is resolved.

Comment

Checked all textures...
      Beta2
      http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=2473

Comment

Wow beta3 already what planet am i on?

I've gotta get this map!

MsM:up:

Comment

I just played beta 2, and I have some more C&C for you. The new platforms above the heads are nice, but there are still some issues with the uper level. In the valley it seems you made it wider in some areas which is good, but now you have some funky shading going on that needs fixing. Plus the upper level looks very blocky, esp. on the snow covers side, you should round the sharp looking edges everywhere, and for the snow you should make it look more conected, like what a fresh snow whould look like.

It's good that you fixed the arms. It's not quite how I would have fixed them, but atleast it makes flow better.

Also the 3 steps that you fixed on the upper level, though you dont get pushed off anymore, you can now only DJ then if you do so in a spicific area. You should be able to DJ them no matter where you position is on them.

As for the bots. I'm not sure if they get stuck up on the top level, but I don't recall seeing them use it at all.

Do you still plan on making a final version of this, cuz you haven't posted here in a while? Also sorry for not giving C&C sooner, but I haven't been able to play UT for several days.

Good Luck :up:

NP

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
            I just played beta 2, and I have some more C&C for you. The new platforms above the heads are nice, but there are still some issues with the uper level. In the valley it seems you made it wider in some areas which is good, but now you have some funky shading going on that needs fixing. Plus the upper level looks very blocky, esp. on the snow covers side, you should round the sharp looking edges everywhere, and for the snow you should make it look more conected, like what a fresh snow whould look like.

It's good that you fixed the arms. It's not quite how I would have fixed them, but atleast it makes flow better.

Also the 3 steps that you fixed on the upper level, though you dont get pushed off anymore, you can now only DJ then if you do so in a spicific area. You should be able to DJ them no matter where you position is on them.

As for the bots. I'm not sure if they get stuck up on the top level, but I don't recall seeing them use it at all.

Do you still plan on making a final version of this, cuz you haven't posted here in a while? Also sorry for not giving C&C sooner, but I haven't been able to play UT for several days.

Good Luck :up:

NP
            Can you be more specific about the upper level issues and funky shading, possibly take some screenshots. Since beta2, I've worked on the bots, added a few more jumppads and some teleporters that help aid in the flow and upper level usage by the bots. Several of my clan members are helping me beta test. I'm getting very close to releasing the final, so I can get started on a different project. As far as the blockiness of the snow, not much I can do about that, cause the snow cliffs are comprised of static meshes and I don't know Maya or 3DSMax yet. I will look at the DJ problems with the rock steps. Just out of curiosity how would you have fixed the arms? If I don't hear from you or anyone else with comments in the next couple of days, I will be releasing the final. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

Comment

I'll e-mail you pictures but you have to PM me your e-mail address, because there doesn't seem to be a way to attach files when sending e-mails through the forum.

Comment

Ha ha!! Looks great, dude. Can you go up inside her v****a , through a long tunnel, and come out of her mouth? Sigmund Freud would have a field day with you, my friend...

Comment

NP,

I fixed most of the lighting problems on the snow cliffs. As far as the DJ steps. I don't have any issue with them, it's just a sequence when you're goin up.. just single jump, single jump then double jump. Works for me every time on both sides. I haven't received any pics from you. Did you get my PM?

stigdu,

Thanks man... unfortunately you cannot go up the love tunnel. My wife put some restrictions on my vulgarity. As far as Freud is concerned, I'm sure he would appreciate my repetative dreams of being a train, wearing a tie and perpetually entering a tunnel

PB

Comment

I just received your PM, and sent the pictures.

Comment

CTF-DoubleDelicious - FINAL!
                      FINAL
                      http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=2516

special thanks to NeoPhoenix for comments and suggestions. Make sure you turn up you music so you can enjoy some cheesy 70's **** while you play

Comment

This map is greatness!!!! The flow is smooth, the playability is sooooooooo easy! If this is your first map then I want in your clan! How do I join?

Nunz

Comment

Can't seem to download from the link!

Comment

DN,

Thanks for your comments man...

jheg,

Are you getting to unrealplayground at all? The link takes me directly to their site?

Comment

YAY!! DL'ing now:up:.

Comment

Originally posted by jheg
                                Can't seem to download from the link!
                                It's also available on FileFront. Both download links are listed on Mapraider.

Comment

Working...
                                X