• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'd like to see a Yarm Invasion with those SP enemies :L

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NON-GF MIRRORS: Direct via Dropbox // Direct via Google Drive // Indirect via MEGA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you please upload to utzone.de? Cause it's difficult to download using proxy. Unless you can recommend a good one..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great!! dou you have another mirror? i cant download from filefront

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New version posted. See first post. Here is a quick list of changes:
    Version 130 May 2013
    -Bots will use parachutes (when tactical gear is given) and they jump out of vehicles
    -Improved mutator code for weapon swapping
    -Optimized code for shotgun spawning pellets (lowers network bandwidth requirement too!)
    -Added Mk3 Pistol, Mk00 Long Range Rifle, Mk6 DMR, and Ballistic Knives
    -New Mk8 SMG model
    -Optimized script based pawn animation code
    -Added experimental SinglePlayer AI cover usage system (can be added to custom maps) <- NOT FULLY IMPLEMENTED
    -Made all secondary fires on guns "Aim Down Sights" like in Infiltration
    -Each weapon can have its freeaim range set custom now (requested by SilverIbex)
    -Near clipping value is now adjustable. See the configuration variable 'fNearClipDist' in Gun_yarm.
    -Tweaked Pistol Positions in first person view and when aimed and the firing animations
    -Added third person fire animations to most pistols (the slides move backwards and forwards now)
    -Added a few new "quacky" death effects when paintball mode is turned on
    -Tweaked weapon model for the Kabar, now it looks like the MW offhand knife. Also adjusted its damage code to make its a little more useful.
    -Adjusted various player models and improved the camouflage selection menu
    -Added Mirror’s Edge style Parkour/Free running player movement capabilities and disabled older Animation/Root Motion movements (code is still included, but no longer referenced by player controlled pawns).

Of course there is always more to add/tweak. I welcome any feedback/suggestions, though I won't have reliable access to the internet for the next couple of days so if I don't reply immediately don't worry.

[EDIT] I should mention a little about the movement options and weapon features.
    Movement Notes
    1. Dodging in any direction will cause you to perform a evasion-roll (like the 'Evasion' move in Halo Reach, or the forward roll from the original Syphon Filter)
    2. Pressing 'Jump' while strafing causes you to dodge sideways (this is just like Mirror's Edge)
    3. To Wallrun, run parallel along a wall, but aim slightly into/towards the wall and then press Jump. pressing Jump again while looking away from the wall will cause you to leap away.
    4. To WallClimb, push forward into a wall and press jump. When you get to the top of the ledge you will usually stop running and then drop into gripping/ledge hanging. From ledge Hanging press 'Jump' again to climb up the ledge.
    5. To slide along the ground, run for a little while then press 'crouch'
    6. To Vault or Mantle some object, push or run towards and then press 'Jump'
    7. To Zipline in the maps that I've made that include ziplines (DM-YM-GhostTown, CTF-YM-HIghTower, DM-YMRBNewEden), move underneath the zipline while looking at the bottom of the zipline and then press 'Jump'

To turn on a bunch of parkour related debug messages and vaulting markers that I used while programming and testing the parkour code use the console command 'TogglePawnClimbDebug'

Weapon Notes
    1. Make sure to bind keys to the reload and change firemode functions
    2. For the new sniper rifles that have scope wobble, hold down the 'walk' key and crouch while zoomed to lower the wobble (simulates holding your breath). The scope wobble can be turned off altogether by setting 'bDoBreathMovement' to false via the console (for example 'set w_amr.bDoBreathMovement 0').
    3. The Mk6 DMR's heartbeat sensor can be toggled on and off using the switch firemode key.
    4. The first person view of the how the knives are held can be toggled using the firemode switch key
    5. The Scorpion RL's mode is switched with the firemode key (toggles between normal, heat seeking, and guided). The player's view will be switched to the rocket when fired in heat-seeking mode.
    6. The bow and arrow: when the bow is 'drawn' it can be unloaded by tapping the reload (if I recall correctly) and then letting up on the fire key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    one can select any non-YARM avatar, yet play with YARM's weaponry in-game.
    it's YARM Weapons mutator with disabled YARM player classes in options, and it's in the readme)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Eep! It looks like I spoke too early in regards to the ironsight issue, as the AK 107 and the M4 are having the same issue as well: the scope/collimater are not being centered properly. Would you like to see my log to see if a mutator is interfering with the functioning of YARM, or...?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fiero SMG aiming issues...how to setup any avatar with YARM's weaponry &amp; mechanics...

Hello meowcat!

It's been a while since I last posted here or at Infiltration's forum. I'm happy to see that there's some activity again on the threads!

I'm encountering a bug with one of the submachineguns, the Fiero SMG. When I go to aim using its collimater, it doesn't actually elevate the scope enough for me to look down its center. When I go to aim, it centers the weapon, but I'm stuck looking at the top of the scope. Thus far, all of the other ironsights/collimaters seem to be working fine in regards to how their centered relevant to the viewer's eye.

Also, I recently reinstalled UT2004 altogether, and for the life of me I can't recall how one sets up the mutator (and all of its sub-mutators) so that one can select any non-YARM avatar, yet play with YARM's weaponry in-game. Could you give me a detailed reminder? My young son loves the Spartan avatar from the Halo series, so I'd like to use it while paired up with your weaponry and body movements.

Yours,
    Kyle

July 4, 2012

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chrisl121212 View Post
    Any updates on your progress meowcat? Is the next version near release? Its been a long time since you've posted.
    He has been updating here: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...DL-PICS/page11

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any updates on your progress meowcat? Is the next version near release? Its been a long time since you've posted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. At least we know what is going on with Elegance. Maybe when I become more experienced with UnrealEd I can go in and remove the old skybox.
    2. That's good. That was starting to drive me crazy. xD
    3. That was my problem. I guess it was set to High Aim. I had no idea that option existed, and it took me about 15 minutes to find a readme with the command. xD
    4. GET OUT!!! Hell yea man! Thank you a lot! Honestly, I prefer the Scar-L over a Desert Eagle!

Keep up the good work dude! I appreciate the work you put into all your work!

I just wanted to ask one more thing if you don't mind, you think you could remove the grenades from being in the way of scrolling through my weapons with the mouse wheel? That really kills me sometimes, especially when my clip runs out and I quickly want to jump to my pistol, and out of habit I use the mouse wheel in all of my games so thats why I don't use the numbers. It ain't a big deal, I can adjust to using the numbers but I was just wondering how out of the way that would be for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. The glitch in DM-CBP1-Elegance is caused in part by YARM, and in part by the way the map author set up their skyboxes.

In YARM I had to reduce the near clipping plane in order to allow the weapon models to be drawn close to the screen in ironsight mode without having part of them cutoff (to test what I mean, use the console command "nearclip 16" and then bring one of the rifles into iron sight mode). When the near clipping plane is reduced, the overall z-distance/draw resolution/accuracy is also reduced. This mean that surfaces that are parallell to each other and very close (usually noticeable when less then 4 Unreal Units) start getting glitched together when viewed at distances. In the case of CBP-Elegance, the map author (for reasons that don't make much sense to me) put the new skybox (the snowy white one) just inside the old skybox without deleting it. Unfortunately the new skybox sides are only like 1 or 2 UUs inside of the old one. The YARM ocde plus the map construction is why this glitch occurs.

2. I think I fixed the loadout not saving bug in this next version. (I hope.... its been so long I can't remember, I know it works on my version)

3. Did the iron sights not work for all of the weapons in the COD mutator, or only those ones that you posted screenshots of? Also, did you try toggling sight/aimed options by using the "ToggleIronSight" console command as mentioned in the YARM readme file? There are three different "aimed" modes: Iron Sights (like Infiltration 2.9/COD etc.); High Aim (like old style Infiltration 2.75, not looking across the weapon sights, but weapon is brought up closer); and No Aim Adjust (the model does not change position).

4. The SCAR light may make a an appearance in the next rev, but it won't quite look exactly like a SCAR-L (I actually added this weapon about two weeks ago, how fortuitous). I don't think that I will get around the adding the Desert Eagle (I still have some other player model work to do along with another TDW vehicle or two).

Thanks for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by meowcat View Post
    I'll add some more info later, but just wanted to mention that in real life the three round burst fire only fires all three rounds if you hold the trigger down, if you just tap the trigger it will only fire one shot for instance (I've got a little handling experience on the M16A2, M249SAW, M240G, and M203).
    Oh, interesting. I never knew that. I like that you made it realistic in-game now! I've only fired pump shotguns and .22 rifles, so I didn't know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll add some more info later, but just wanted to mention that in real life the three round burst fire only fires all three rounds if you hold the trigger down, if you just tap the trigger it will only fire one shot for instance (I've got a little handling experience on the M16A2, M249SAW, M240G, and M203).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I updated my YARM to the current version yesterday and discovered a bug when in the COD4 mutator. The Iron Sights do not work the way they should. So I PMed Meowcat, and he said he is working on an update for the mod in the next month or so! So I wanted to post a screenshot of the bug so that it is fixed in the next update. Here are the screenshots: Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	3249013 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 001.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	3249014 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 002.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	3249015 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 003.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	3249016 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 004.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	3249017

In the screenshots I also showed a glitch YARM causes when playing DM-CBP1-Elegance, one of my favorite maps besides DM-Zanzibar (by the way Meowcat, you are my hero for converting my favorite map ever to UT2004!!!!). The skybox gets all messed up when using YARM. I ain't too concerned about it, because I can just play YARM on other maps, but it would be nice if that could be fixed too. But my main concern are those Iron Sights. The Iron Sights work somewhat properly in the Infiltration mutator oddly enough, but I don't use that mutator. In Infiltration, they aim properly, but the crosshair doesn't go away.

I also thought I should give a review of the mutator. So far I've been loving it. You can choose a loadout, and pick up additional weapons from corpses, much better than switching out weapons like in **** of Duty and all those other military shooters (although I do like some of them, such as CrossFire). I never really got into Call of Duty, always hated it, but yet everything Call of Duty did wrong, this mutator did right. I have a lot of fun with this mutator, playing it on my favorite maps, and doing Team Deathmatch on Torlan with 31 bots and the TangoDown Vehicles made by Meowcat. I had such a blast I was up until 4 in the morning (which I have only done 3-4 times in my entire life!) killing very intelligent bots, that stay together and even retreat! This is a very good mutator and I smacked the **** out of myself for waiting so long to play it. The third person is great too, but I constantly have to hit F4 to use it. I wish there was another YARM mutator that allows for consistent Third Person gameplay when using YARM. Another thing there were those 2 guns missing from YARM that I almost cried because they weren't in there. I would love a Scar-Light and a Desert Eagle. Yea, I have fun without them but I still wish they were in there. Another thing I would like to mention is that the three-round bursts in some weapons are really bizarre. For some reason they only shoot one bullet sometimes, and other times they shoot all three. I usually click my mouse in a complete rampage trying to use those three shot guns. I wish they were like in every other game, where you could just click the mouse once and it shoots three bullets. Another glitch is that the Save Custom Load Out just straight up doesn't work. It's annoying having to do everything every time I want to play. Overall, this is a very good mod, and I haven't seen such an addicting mod like this in... I have no idea. Anyways, excellent work Meowcat, keep it up! I rate this mod a 9/10. The fun factor made up for several points lost from my above complaints. Can't wait to see more!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X