No announcement yet.

Yet Another Real-life Mod [beta][UPDATED May 29 2013][DL][version 130]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose its been more then a few days...
    Here is an early version of beta 110: [EDIT] removed since my web publishing ran out
    Sorry 4Tx4 still no supressed M14.
    Go ahead and try it out. Please try the TFC mode and see how the balance feels.

Also for those who are more adventurous, try TFC mode, bind a key to "AttachRope",hit the change item key (bound by default to '['), then look at a nearby wall and hit the key, then jump off a long drop ledge. (ie type "set input x attachrope" to bind the 'x' key to the function). The rope movement uses the grapple code by Mr SD (on chimeric website).

Comment

Sounds really interesting...

You have to go into an .ini file to get the bind set up?

Comment

Is that a newer dl than the one in the first post?

it has 110 in the name instead of 108, so i'm assuming yes.

Please update the fist post with it for simple people such as myself who can't be bothered to read all 4 pages to find the right link.

Bye, it looks good though!

Comment

meowcat i sent you an e:mail im just putting a check here just so you know i sent one and its not thrown out with a spam filter.

details below.

Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:12 AM
          Subject: YARM mod / Tango Down/ Altered State Project

Comment

Any download links?

Comment

Originally posted by the_man
              Any download links?
              I dunno, what does this tell ya?
              Originally posted by meowcat
              Download: Sorry my web publishing at the University ran out. no more YARM until I find a new place to upload it.

Comment

I still need to find a place to host my site. Meanwhile I have been working on some of the polish: adding melee wall hit effects, redoing some sounds, redoing Tango Down stuff to add to YARM (MP5s, glock HKMK23), added punching/kicking moves to YARM players complete with anims, new darker blood, new muzzle flashes etc. I have to admit incorporating melee moves is somewhat rough, can anyone explain to me how UC2 did it gameplay wise (ie switch to third person etc.)?

Comment

Heya, meowcat. Glad to know that you're still working on this mod. Those changes you've listed sound spiffy. You may want to contact the people behind the Kakotou Raging Carnival and Muralis mods to gain some info on how to put hand-to-hand combat into YARM.

Comment

@Lopar-XL: yeah, I have the moves in YARM (code, anims and sounds etc.) I have just been debating whether the player's view should switch to third person while doing the moves etc. and then right back. Currently the punch and kick can be bound to keys, but I don't have first person punching anims for the weapons, so it feels weird to punch when your weapon does not move. Kicking is a great way to knock unsuspecting players off edges (especially fun kicking snipers off the tower in citadel).

Also in an attempt to 'shamelessly copy' zombie mutators, I am working on YARM zombie mute as well (it will only add a couple extra textures anims and a sound file). when the mutator is active, whenever a player dies, they will spawn a zombie (will be configurable).

Comment

This looks to be quite interesting indeed. been reading thru on this and the codework and such so far is fantastic by my measures. I couldn't code a mouse to the fire trigger to save my life but you indeed have some skill there my friend I will definitely be bookmarking and watching this thread.

Comment

If you can afford to have both first- and third-person perspective animations for HtH combat then bravo, more power to you! If not, then at least make an automatic switch to thrid person view for melee combat and switch back to first person mode when using guns. This worked for the Jedi Knight games.

Comment

Originally posted by meowcat
                          I still need to find a place to host my site. Meanwhile I have been working on some of the polish: adding melee wall hit effects, redoing some sounds, redoing Tango Down stuff to add to YARM (MP5s, glock HKMK23), added punching/kicking moves to YARM players complete with anims, new darker blood, new muzzle flashes etc.
                          Yay! :up:

I have to admit incorporating melee moves is somewhat rough, can anyone explain to me how UC2 did it gameplay wise (ie switch to third person etc.)?
                          Maybe you should contact these guys, looks like they might be on to something... From the U4E forums: http://u4e.dangerous-minds.net/viewt...4f1f1ca0d4e968

"...For instance, *ALL* U4E weapons that needed special character animations now use them. When you shoot a bow, your character pulls the arrow back and shoots it. When you throw a grenade, your character will physically throw it. And when you go CRAZY with a Katana, your character will like wise go all Charlie Manson with the Katana. I think it adds alot to realism, and just plain COOLNESS! We'll be doing this with ALL future U4E weapons that need it. I was going to break my back to make all custom U4E player models do this, but we found a way to make ALL player models do that, or at least the ones that use the "Standard" skeletal bone names. It's SOOO Cool!"

Comment

Oh, and in case this hasn't been fixed yet:

-melee attack with the RPG launcher doesn't deal any damage (kinda ironic, considering its size etc.)

-with weaponstay enabled, picking up a dropped weapon won't increase your ammo if you already have that weapon. Afaik this is only with weaponstay on.

And how's that silenced & scoped M14 coming along?

Comment

Well work has been busy. not so much time available to work on this. Here are updates to YARM and TD Warfare vehicles as well. Gonna post some single player / coop maps in a couple of weeks (a YARM remake of "Cold Thunder" from R6, complete with jungle vegetation among others)

YARM 115

TD_Vehicles 110

Comment

Allways interested in Y.A.R.M updates, nice one.

Im looking forward to the coop maps: I love coop.

Comment

Working...
                                X