Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please add the 93R

Originally posted by Lopar-XL
    If it's all right with you I'd like for you to add the Beretta 93R automatic pistol to your mod.
    Yep, good one! :up: 'Simply' edit the standard Beretta model...

Primary fires single shot, Secondary fires 3-round burst.
    Retrofitting some of the other models with distinct prim & altfire modes (auto/semi, burst/semi, burst/auto) would also be much appreciated.

@4TX4
    I dig your idea for the MediGun. :up:
    Thanks! Hope someone makes it (or one of the other configs, see sig), eventually. Too many teammates have been lost to hemorrhagic shock already.

Comment

Well, the beretta 93r may be a possibility. Anyways, the first post in this thread has been updated to include some links to some screens of the newer weapons (m14, M16A4, RPG7 etc). Other items:
      -I have also made the AKSU, but do not have a screen of it yet.
      -Doc_Edo was kind enough to allow me to make an update of his chute mute and include it with YARM as well.
      -I have added the iron sight aim to a three weapons to see how it feels and those will be included (M16A4, M14, AKSU, SMG)

Whether or not, I am completely done with version 108, I will be releasing the closest thing I have ready next weekend since I will only have free webhosting for about another week after that (then I have to find another place to upload my files to, nuts) and I will be away from my comp for about three weeks after that.

Comment

Looking very good Meowcat. I havent had chance to try the new version yet but you know I am a fan of this mod.
        Anyhoo, the reason for my posting is I have been somewhat taken by Counter Strike Source ( though UT is still very much the daddy) I did want to import a custom 357 Magnum Python into CSS. Apparently the abilty to import custom weapons does not exist, despite my positng in every CSS related forum all over the place. I haev already made my model though and I wanted to say if you want it you can have it. The only stipulation I have is I get to chosose the firing sound. I think you still have my private mail so let me know, or post here.

Here are some shots of it:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolv34ine
          Apparently the abilty to import custom weapons does not exist, despite my positng in every CSS related forum all over the place.
          I don't know where you got that from. CSS gets a load of new guns released for it every day.
          Try http://cdg.csnation.net/

Comment

Yes it gets new skins and models, but not custom animations,damage types etc, and the fact this is a six shooter makes it even harder. They have "six" shooters noew but all they do is replace the Desert Eagle ( a seven shot handgun) and let it slide that it has a magically additional bullet.

Trust me Super Moose, I have looked into it in some depth.....I wanted this in CSS so bad but I am not fudging a seven shooting six shooter. That isnt why I made the model mate...
            But thanks for the linkageIf you can link me to something that proves to the contrary mate, you would make my day bigtime.

Offer still stands for Meowcat...

Comment

There are some good revolver anims but yeah, 7 shots still. Ah well.

Comment

Yeah I was gutted too. *shakes head at Valve and their "community support"*

Comment

Originally posted by meowcat
                  Well, the beretta 93r may be a possibility. Anyways, the first post in this thread has been updated to include some links to some screens of the newer weapons (m14, M16A4, RPG7 etc).
                  Ah, I see you added the RPG7... Nice! Btw, I thought there would be silenced M14 in the latest version(?)

Btw, since I installed TangoDown2k4ModBeta136 all the other weapons (UT standard, custom) have lost their sights. I'm not 100% sure TD caused this, but it's definitely the most likely candidate (the other suspect being the Professional Sniper Rifle) because it has a somewhat unusual sights setup (Alt only). Also sometimes non-TD weapons suddenly have their sights back, until you switch to a different weapon, exactly like the TD bug.

The sights thing hasn't been much of a problem so far 'cause since I downloaded them I've almost exclusively been using TD weaps (I just love 'realistic' guns ), but obviously this needs to be fixed. Otherwise guns like the shock rifle would be practically useless, or at least ridiculously hard to use.

BTW, what exactly is the difference between TD and Y.A.R.M.? Do they use the same weapons?

Comment

It is really fun .. BUT:

But on some maps Bots are ... well ... stupid ...

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots from the other maps, but here are two in Morphues3 ..

And yes, u don't really play this mut on Morpheus3 But when released, you need to be able to play it on every map ...

Anyway, it seems that Bots are rather praying than shooting

They were staying there for ages .........

Comment

@utw-Mephisto: That bot ammo problem had been bugging the heck out of me as well, but I seem to have fixed it last night, so it should be good when I release what I have this weekend (dang desireability settings in the pickup code )

@4TX4: Currently the M14 is not silenced, I may toss in a suppressed/scoped one before the weekend, but don't count on it yet. BTW the main difference from TD to YARM, was that I had originally planned on just having a few, more polished, weapons in YARM, as compared to a whole lot of very similar ones in TD (so much for that eh?). Also, TD was supposed to be more like Rainbow Six, whereas in YARM I kind of eventually wanted to get around to making more of a TFC style class based mod with a few maps etc.

Comment

@4TX4: BTW the main difference from TD to YARM, was that I had originally planned on just having a few, more polished, weapons in YARM, as compared to a whole lot of very similar ones in TD (so much for that eh?). Also, TD was supposed to be more like Rainbow Six, whereas in YARM I kind of eventually wanted to get around to making more of a TFC style class based mod with a few maps etc.
                        K, I think I get it now. Sort of. But what about the TD "lost sights" bug, any thoughts on that?

"...since I installed TangoDown2k4ModBeta136 all the other weapons (UT standard, custom) have lost their sights. I'm not 100% sure TD caused this, but it's definitely the most likely candidate (the other suspect being the Professional Sniper Rifle) because it has a somewhat unusual sights setup (Alt only). Also sometimes non-TD weapons suddenly have their sights back, until you switch to a different weapon, exactly like the TD bug."

Comment

Yeah chances are TD caused it. All TD really does is toggle the myHUD.bCrosshairShow property in the player controller class, so if you go into the player HUD setting you should be able to turn it back on. iirc it really happens when you exit the game when the the crosshairs are not up because normally when you switch away from a TD weapon it (should) set the corsshair back to the default.

Comment

Bots clump together

I noticed that the bots have a tendency to clump together in one huge group and just stay there doing nothing at all. Maybe it's a bug in YARM, or something else. I've attached a picture.

(Click for full size)

Comment

@Lopar-XL: were they near a weapon pickup or (more likely) one of those green ammo pickup boxes? If it was the ammo pickup, then I think I have resolved that issue.

Comment

@Lopar-XL: were they near a weapon pickup or (more likely) one of those green ammo pickup boxes? If it was the ammo pickup, then I think I have resolved that issue.
                                I'm sorry but I don't recall that. I'll load the game again and see if I can repeat this incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X