Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Yet Another Real-life Mod [beta][UPDATED May 29 2013][DL][version 130]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you've made a realism mod that can be used in conjuction with "plain old UT2004"? Ssssspiffy! I gotta try this. If you're looking for weapon sounds, I suggest going to http://www.findsounds.com and using its' search engine. It's sort of like Google, except it finds auido files.

Comment

Man, those guns kick some serious ass! Simple, but very effective. Love the realistic scaling, the expertly balanced features of each individual weapon, the wide variety of weapons (knife, grenades, all kinds of guns including most of the classics) etc. There are some minor bugs like players sometimes being unable to pick up a dropped weapon, but nothing that ruins gameplay. As far as I'm concerned this is not 'just another realism mod'; it is the realism mod. :up:

Comment

@Lopar-XL: Thanks for the suggestion, I actually found a few sounds that should be useable in game.
        @4TX4: Glad you like them. If you got any suggestions I am always ready to hear them.

As for bug fixes and changes in the next release:
        -Claymore/mine takedamage crash fixed
        -My own version of the AVRIL (with the melee attack) to take out vehicle will be included.
        -New melee player animations.
        -Fixed last round animation not playing on client.

Comment

Originally posted by meowcat
          4TX4: Glad you like them. If you got any suggestions I am always ready to hear them.
          Will you be adding any new weapon models? If so I'd certainly have a couple of suggestions...

Re bugs etc.:

-The dropped weapon pickup issue I mentioned earlier .
          -When you shoot someone with the shotgun, you get the default AR death message ("x was ventilated by y's assault rifle", or something along these lines).
          -The crosshairs are a bit fugly, but easy to replace so no prob.

Oh, and you wouldn't by any chance be interested in making a simple healgun (sig)? I know, not quite a realism item, but very handy in the field, especially when you got the bloodloss mut enabled.

Comment

@4TX4: I am definitely willing to consider a few new weapon models. The reason I am trying to limit them though is that I would like each weapon to fulfill a specific purpose (also much easier to fix/update a few models than a whole bucket load). So if you have any additional ideas (they do not have to be actual real life weapons, even ones roughly based on RL or from "reasonable" movies would be fine) please post them. BTW the shotgun thing has been fixed in the version I am currently testing with, and I have not experienced the weapon pickup thing (I guess I may have already fixed it in my version though) but I have a few ideas for adjustments I can make. I guess I should be able to change the default crosshairs so I will see about that. I guess I could make some sort of Hypodermic needle "weapon/item" that could be used to heal oneself or other players. (I have thought about making a medic class). Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

@4TX4: I am definitely willing to consider a few new weapon models. The reason I am trying to limit them though is that I would like each weapon to fulfill a specific purpose (also much easier to fix/update a few models than a whole bucket load). So if you have any additional ideas (they do not have to be actual real life weapons, even ones roughly based on RL or from "reasonable" movies would be fine) please post them.
              OK, here goes...

Neostead shotgun. Special features: forward pump action, up to 12 shells in two tubular magazines (on top). Prim: regular buckshot, only useful at short distances. Alt: slug, massive damage, 'unlimited' range. No 'perspective switch' like on most of the other guns due to alt being a full-blown fire mode.

SPAS-15, semi & pump action police combo gun. Prim (semi): buckshot. Alt (pump): nonlethal ammo, for ex. rubber bullets (knock away, minor damage) or tear gas rounds (smoke screen, confuse bots).

Protecta, compact 12-round semi-auto shotgun.

MAG-7, 5-round shotgun pistol.

[More weapon suggestions in next msg, had to split them up due to img limitations]

I guess I should be able to change the default crosshairs so I will see about that.
              Well it's easy enough to select one of UT's stock crosshairs (the mini's are my personal favorite), so there's no need for this really...

I guess I could make some sort of Hypodermic needle "weapon/item" that could be used to heal oneself or other players. (I have thought about making a medic class).

Well, I was thinking maybe something like this (pic 1 above), only with 2 glass containers (one yellow & one blue/red) and a magazine for darts (syringes). Basically it would look a bit like a paintball gun (pic 2).

The gun is primarily meant for healing teammates, though a self-heal function could also be included. It's a translocator replacement, so something that you'd spawn with.

Prim: fires healing darts, say 20 hp/dart (ideally they could be 'charged up', biorifle style, to any desired amount). The number of darts is unlimited, but you need to collect health items to activate them. This can only be done when your own health is maxed out, i.e. 100 HP for crosses & 199 HP for the rest. All health collected above max goes into the gun, which can hold about 200-300 HP & 100-200 adrenalin. When the gun's HP supply <20 or zero you can still heal teammates by giving them a 'transfusion'; the gun will automatically take your HP (blood, lifeforce) to charge its darts with (bs tech explanation: via a syringe in the grip). Now you can literally give your life for your team.

Alt: same as prim, only now with adrenalin.

Oh, and it would be nice if instead of just lying on the pickup bases, the weapons would spin in the air like the UT ones, maybe with some added visual effects to make them better visible. Right now they can be pretty hard to spot, especially on drak / grey backgrounds.

Comment

Some more gun suggestions...

Silenced M-14 sniper rifle. Semi-auto, 20 rounds in the mag.

AKSU, 'baby' AK-74. Simply cute.

Micro UZI. Insane ROF, relatively low damage & accuracy (nonetheless deadly at close range). Possibly also in silenced flavor.

Tec-22 / Tec-9, badass looking high-capacity .22 / 9mm semi-auto. Nice pistol alternative.

Comment

i like this mut any chance of proper iron sites perhaps thats too much to ask

also a m16 with 203 grenade lobber would be nice

Comment

@4TX4: Thanks for posting your suggestions. Apparently you and I have a lot of the same ideas The M14 is actually already made and in the current version I have. The AKSU (or a very similar variant) should be in for the next release. I'm not such a fan of the TEC MPs (I guess I typically associate them with inaccuracy and "gangstas") but the uzi is possible. As for the shotguns, I'd consider the striker as I have not seen that one done as often in mods.

@colligrip: Iron sights may be added (easy enough to code a rough system), but I would first have to sort out the polygon clipping issues when the models are brought close to the viewing plane. I had also thought about making the classic M16M203 combo, but I wanted to separate the functionality of the GL and AR and force players to choose between the two in a given situation. That being said, I may get around to it, but it would be at the bottom of my priority list right now.

Comment

@4TX4: Thanks for posting your suggestions. Apparently you and I have a lot of the same ideas The M14 is actually already made and in the current version I have.
                      You mean the silenced & scoped one? That would be swa-weet! What's the (potential) ROF like, btw; "moderate" semi auto, I hope (i.e. not as fast as the Dragunov)?

The AKSU (or a very similar variant) should be in for the next release.
                      :up:

I'm not such a fan of the TEC MPs (I guess I typically associate them with inaccuracy and "gangstas") but the uzi is possible.
                      Hope the Uzi gets included; it would be great for stairway fights etc.

As for the shotguns, I'd consider the striker as I have not seen that one done as often in mods.
                      But still more often than the other ones, I bet. Anyway, it would be cool if you could alternate between buckshot & slugs via prim & alt, regardless of shotgun type (though the Neostead would obviously be the most 'realistic' choice). That would be 'added value', so to speak.

Btw, what did you think about the expanded medigun idea (previous post); think something like that might be included as well (or maybe released as a stand-alone item)?

Edit: how about an RPG-7 for anti-vehicle (for ex. PG-7VL HEAT ammo) & personnel use (OG-7V fragmentation)? No fancy lockons or whatever, just a simple but powerful launcher that can either be fired in scoped or standard mode. Ammo cycling could be done with mouse wheel while in scope mode (alt pressed down) and/or keybind. Pickups could have 2/3 of each ammo type (HEAT/FRAG).

"The RPG-7 is a shoulder fired, single-shot, smoothbore recoilless launcher. Grenades are loaded from the front, and the rear of the barrel is fitted with venturi nozzle. Because of the recoilless design, there is a dangerous backblast zone, more than 20 meters/60ft long." Would be rather cool if this was included too, so you could (accidentally or intentionally) hideously burn whoever happens to be standing behind you when firing (usually teammates). Annihilation Arsenal's GLR80a Grenade Launcher has some superb burning effects, maybe you could borrow its code, or at least use it as an example?

Comment

i would like to see all the weapons and animations from americas army as a mutator and this is the nearest thing to it keep up the good work

there is another mut i cant rememeberthe name that has the sounds from americas army as the weapon fire sounds can u not use them here just an idea.

Comment

Some more, suggestions etc.

Maybe some of this has already been fixed in the upcoming version, but I'll mention it anyway...

-The crosshairs are usually missing in primview mode. Sometimes you spawn with them, but they'll disappear after a switch to altview / weaponswitch (this varies a bit per weapon afaik). Maybe primfire was meant to be a 'sightless' mode, but even then there's still something wrong 'cause sometimes the crosshairs are there.

In any case, ideally you should be able to choose whether or not to use the crosshairs in both modes. Maybe a hide/display keybind?

-In altview part of the CAR-15's buttstock is missing; you can see right through it. Also it says 'was killed by ... M-16' in the death message.

-Famas altview is a bit fugly, hardly recognizable as a weapon really. Also it has the missing rear end problem like the CAR, though only while firing.

-The M-60 could use a little more power. The extreme hit spread effect is nicely realistic, but though a 7.62 mm weapon, it doesn't seem to be more powerful than the various 5.56 mm assault rifles (which have much better accuracy, meaning you'll get pwned).

-It would be nice if (some of) the automatics also has a (slightly more powerful) semi-auto mode, or burst & full auto, or even all 3 modes (FAMAS, for example) with alt being mode cycle.

Comment

@colligpip: No can do with the AA sounds, they are not the property of Epic or one of the Unreal Series games so they are off limits to UT2kX mods (although they do sound nice).

@4TX4: now your going into TD stuff And yes in TD the crosshairs were supposed to disappear in primary (so long as the INF 2.75 mode option was selected in the mutator config page). As for the CAR15 stock, that happens whenever any model is brought close to the screen (unless I drastically increase the drawscale and offsets). Problems like that were the main reason I did not implement full Iron sights. I may address that at some future point (once I have YARM, TD Vehicles, DM-Zanzibar to more complete/stable/finalized versions). I will probably update the code for TD (add many of the optimizations I have made in YARM) but I will probably not go back and redo all of the models.

Comment

@4TX4: now your going into TD stuff
                              TD, Y.A.R.M... Bit confusing. Anyway, I meant the weapons-only mut.

I will probably update the code for TD (add many of the optimizations I have made in YARM) but I will probably not go back and redo all of the models.
                              Most models are just fine, and the stock / sights thing is no big deal imo. I'd much rather see a couple of new ones added. Any chance of including a MAG-7 or dual firemode Neostead 'by special request'? For the Neostead, see above. The MAG would basically be a slightly weaker 5+1 shotgun that's fired as a semi-auto pistol (in reality it's pump action, but that would mean extra animations and slower ROF in an already limited weapon, so I'd just make it a straightforward semi).

Edit: also very nice: a suppressed Steyr AUG. Suggestion: prim = crosshair-less auto fire, alt = semi auto scope mode.

Comment

Please add the 93R

If it's all right with you I'd like for you to add the Beretta 93R automatic pistol to your mod. Primary fires single shot, Secondary fires 3-round burst.

@4TX4
                                I dig your idea for the MediGun. :up:

EDIT: Some more good places to find sound effects are Sonomic and SoundDog.

Comment

Working...
                                X