• Show
Clear All

Snowball fight!

Name:Snowball Fight!
    Version:1.0 I think
    Compatibility:UT2004
    Description:

Free For All snowball fight
    Left and right hand throwing, right hand throws faster.
    Thrown snowballs can be picked up as ammo
    2 snowballs at a time max
    No ambient glow on players
    Walk replaced with run
    Included is a map called DM-SBFColdSeclusion.

Have fun!
    Bugs:
    If you use the mutator Arena to replace all the weapons/ammo, the thrown snowballs will be worth 2 instead of just 1.
    When the snowballs land they spawn an ammo pickup so by the end of a match snowball pickups will be everywhere with this mutator.
    No bot support without using MutArena
    Too much gore
    Had to set damage radius higher to get a better chance of killing target with 1 snowball. This kills players close to hittarget die too.
    I've included the code with this.
    small sparks flying when hit
    snowball pickups not always spawning when landed (makes it more realistic in a way)

Screenshot:
    Credits: Epic, and my workplace for giving me time to make this.
    Homepage:
    Download:http://www.impyremusic.com/ng/sbf/

really cute and fun !

thank you:heart:

Comment

Just when we thought nobody could make any more Christmas mutators!

Comment

Fantastic fun, although I felt rather odd when I finished the first game to find it loading up Deck17 for the next:

:haha:

Definitely works best with the Santa Hats from Capture the Tree - the way hits cause you to pirouette over really lends itself to the hats flying off.

Oh, and I found running it without arena that all the bits were dashing around with Assault Rifles and Shield Guns - any way to fix that?

Mmaestro

Comment

Oh, now that's fun. d/l it.

Comment

I dont know much on bot coding.. can anyone get me a link to a good tut on setting up a new bot class?

I left the map prefix to dm so u could use Arena and play in many maps. I cant wait to play a TDM4 match with it.

Comment

It is great fun. If you decide to go into bot coding, would it perhaps be possible also to switch off gore? It seems a bit weird to have blood spattered everywhere, and snowballs occasionally obliterate your torso. Just to have people get hit and knocked over would seem far more appropriate.

Nontheless, absolutely fantastic fun.

Mmaestro

Comment

Yeah i would like to do that as well. I manually turned off gore. I also thought about when a player is hit a big snowball splat sprite is drawn to screen then fades away.

Comment

Actualy, I was thinking that this could be used similiar to the bio rifle.
                  Left click throws a regular snowball
                  Hold right click to 'pack' a snowball into a bigger one.

Comment

i tried this out and its pretty fun. make some other types of snowballs: some with rocks in them and some with ice in them. and maybe just for fun some that were on fire. (yes i know) :up: :up:

Comment

i started to make yellow snowballs, but couldnt think of a good use for them, maybe poision the player. I dont know much about coding. If anyone wants to improve this or really make something nice out of it feel free, I have alot of other projects im behind on I need to tend to.

Comment

Yellow snowballs :up:

edit
                        Lol! Yes..

Comment

As Frank Zappa would say, "dont eat the yellow snow". However I would say, "throw the yellow snow in someone's face!" :P.

Comment

Honestly, I think the simplicity's a positive right now. I'd be happy with it staying as it is, with the gibbing and blood removed and the problem with needing to use arena sorted. Sure, you could add other kinds of snowballs... but given 1 hit virtually assures being taken out right now, I don't know why you'd want or need a change.

Mmaestro

Comment

Looks fun, I'll test this
                              You could do different snowballs depending on the effect you want.
                              Would still be 1 hit - 1 death, but we could think of snowballs packed with rocks gibbing the player, another type causing great momentum, etc...
                              Scorch > and packed snowballs would have a greater damage radius ?
                              The "too many ammo issue" could be solved by making the ammo disappear after a few seconds.
                              Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X