X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTC&C Vehicle Mutator[Beta2] [pics] [Download]

Name: UTC&C Vehicle Mutator
    Version: beta2 ~11.2MB
    Compatibility: UT2004 ONLY, ONS AND VCTF gametypes.
    Description: A mutator that places vehicles from the C&C universe in the onslaught gametype.
    Comments: This is still very much a work in progress and designed mainly to give players an idea of an in developement C&C RTS type mod.
    Remember, this mutator puts players in the C&C universe - a universe of TOW, ADPS and machine guns.
    The mutator also includes all the tools for map makers to place C&C vehicles on their maps. When placing turret pawns in unreal ed, make sure you change the property bspawnonlyonce to false so that the turret will respawn after death.
    Screenshot:
    [SHOT]http://www.kholonar.plus.com/utcnc/images/prom/ORCAtrouble.JPG[/SHOT]

Credits: UTC&C Team:

Aziraphale:Vehicle Developer, Elwood:Lead Developer, Kholonar: Vehicle Developer, Pearbo: Vehicle Developer, Praetorian: Coder, Stronin: Vehicle Developer, The Grim Reaper: Admin, TheBladeRoden: Vehicle Developer, VenomZero: Vehicle Developer

Homepage:
    UTC&C Forum Site

Vehicle Information

Download:

Download Location 1 (This is a fileplanet download link).

http://flatlinerscorner.com/Site/mod...#searchresults (This is a free signup site but transfer speeds are apparantly good. Sign, then goto search and type in UTC&C).

As soon as I can get more mirrors I'll put them on.

I remember playing an older version of this some time ago...

One thing you need to sort out is how the lighting works on the tanks, I know on one or two maps they either go completely black most of the time or really bright.

Comment

Lighting has been a major problem with all of the models. Textures that looked the right colour in maya and my image editor change completely in the unreal engine.
      In the first pack I darkened the textures in the image editor to compensate. Newer models have not had this compensation and so all look a bit bright and wierd to me. It would be nice if I could get some feedback on which texture type is better.

Comment

One other thing; the turret range needs to be tweaked. TREMENDOUSLY.

It's possible for the Adv. Guard Tower to shoot you from half the way across Torlan whilst you're sniping. Not cool. Admittedly you can dodge the shots, but it's most annoying having to dodge them when you're busy lining up your sights on some unrespectful bot's head.

Comment

That's entirely possible, I wasn't quite sure how far the turrets should track enemies - on masterful bot mode the bots already have a longer range than the turrets. In the next version I hope to put the player in control of how far turrets can "see" enemies.

Comment

Ok. It was quite annoying to be hit by something and not be able to see the "source". I finally realised it was the Adv. Guard Tower and fired some potshots but no luck ¬¬

Comment

If you hated that then you'll hate the obelisk of light even more, you'll barely get time to say eek before it kills you. The whole attempt was to bring the C&C style paper-rock-scissors. The original game made it almost impossible for individual infantry to kill the AGT or Obelisk. However, I realise this might not play as well in first person and can be frustrating.

Comment

your image is the broken

Comment

Actually, I can't even access my site, looks like I've exceeded my daily 250mb bandwidth.

Comment

*hugs his university webspace*

Comment

Actually, I'm in serious need of a mirror, I actually broke the limit by 300mb yesterday.

Comment

looks like you need to get the netfirms web hosting

Comment

Actually, I've uploaded to a few sites but I have to wait for confirmation, once again, really sorry about this.

*Edit*

Flatliner has confirmed the download, you have to register but it's free and seems to be fast transfer

goto:
                          http://flatlinerscorner.com/Site/mod...#searchresults
                          Sign in and then search for UTC&C and you should find it.

Comment

i this a new version?

Comment

ooh, mind if I snurch that code for clips?

Comment

Working...
                              X