Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[MOD] Assault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD] Assault

The RoAR team si making a Assault mod for all you fans out there.
    It will be a port with new options.

here si our link.

http://ut2k3assault.cjb.net/

EDIT:
    is only a redirection link.

Use this direct link to avoid pop-ups etc.
    http://www.fahadkhan.org/roar/

WOah :up:

Hope you guys make something great

Comment

If I were you I'd get rid of that huge Gator installation thing that pops up.
      If i went to download a mod and that tried to install itself I would NOT download the mod since I'd think it was riddled with spyware!

If you like I could host you.
      Gimme a mail at admin@pcgf.co.uk if you like

Comment

I'll ask teh boss.

Comment

Great!!!
          You going to have Bot support for the mod?

Comment

Of couse! I think pretty good support 2.

Comment

Thats good. I can´t afford always playing online, and actually i´m quite fond of playing offline. I just hope all other mods will have descent bot-support, especially those which use vehicles.

btw, a little question bout your mod:

Could you make steerable guntowers? I mean, in old UT there were computer-steered guntowers that defended the base. To make them steerable by players wouldn´t be a big problem (at least I think so, I´m no coder or semi-proffesional mapper), since Ut2k3 supports Steerable vehicles?!

Comment

is a redirection link.

Use this direct link to avoid pop-ups etc.
                http://www.fahadkhan.org/roar/

Comment

Could i suggest that when you're porting the original maps you retain the same atmosphere and style but also include perhaps one or two alternate routes on those original maps that featured only one path to the objectives? For instance 'Overlord' just ended up being a monotonous spam-fest down narrow corridors and choke points with no optional route and many other maps had similar problems (Frigate, Guardia, High Speed). Return to Castle Wolfenstein featured excellent maps with multiple means of reaching your target in every map and CS was similarly well designed. Also balance is required so neither offence or defense has a massive advantage. Assault is a fantastic gametype for UT2003's gameplay style, it just needs better maps than the original. Good luck with the mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Edo
                    The problem isn't the wide open spaces - its when the objectives are all littered around in that wide open space. Personally, I love overlord, and it has two large battlefields (the gun room and the landing) - the thing is that they both have a chokepoint on enter and exit, and chokepoints are what make Assault the game that it is.
                    While high speed is fast and easy, it has one great feature - anybody can understand it. You don't get lost in HS the way you get lost in that goddamn underwater map. HS is the AS level I play the most, just 'cause I can get the newbies into it. All you have to explain is "Attackers are trying to make it to the front - meaning go where the train is heading. Switch on top floor of car 1, then door on bottom to win".
                    I think a chief problem with AS maps is they don't give the defenders a chance to regroup. Once an objective is completed, the attackers can rush through to the next room, while the defenders have to find their way through to their next defense point. Having some more "delays" (long hallways to run down, or better yet - doors that take a long time to open) before the attackers can start hitting the next objective is good.
                    Notice I said *start* hitting the next objective. If it takes a long time each time you want to hit the next objective, its just annoying. Respawning at the helicopter when the fight is at car 1 in HS fscking sucks. What I mean is a nice, loud voice saying "Gate will open in 20 seconds" when you hit the switch to open it, giving everyone time to get in position for the next battle.
                    Another common problem in AS is the lack of instant understanding of the map. Take one look at Face, Hall of Giants, Dreary, or any other CTF map and you'll see there's pretty good indications of where you're going. They use the team colours, banners, motifs, etc to show you which way to head for the flag. Now look at some DOM and AS maps and tell me where the hell I'm supposed to be going. If you haven't played them multiple times before, you're screwed.
                    Here's a couple of solutions to solve it - first, don't make AS a "first to one point" game - make it multiple rounds, play it best 2 out of 3, or 3 of 5 or something. This way the fact that the rounds last under a minute doesn't matter, you'll get more tries at it. Alternately, you could do it as a cumulative time over several games, but I think simply doing it as a "we were faster, we win this round" system is better, playing to a set score.
                    Another solution is making the maps more readable. A DOM point looks like a DOM point. A flag looks like a flag, and has big banners and colours to tell you its nearby. An AS objective looks like? Make constant graphics for AS objectives. I suggest 3 types of object - platforms, looking like a giant circular platform you step on - this is for the "get there" objectives; Levers, for the "touch this" objective; and targets, for the "shoot this" objectives. Number the objectives, and put signs on the map showing where each objective is. If they're consecutive, make them numerical, if they can be done simultaneously (like the 2 chains, or the underwater map) give them letters - so the chains would be 1a and 1b, the front door is 2, the back door is 3, and the crystal is 4. The underwater map would just be a, b, c, and d. Make this clear, so a player can spawn in, grab some guns, and see "I have to go that way for obj 1" - then at objective 1, the player can see "oh, now which way to 2". Make this for both teams - and Overlord had an excellent system of helping the defenders get around from place to place - giving the defenders a backdoor system to allow them to quickly move around the level is an excellent feature. Combine this with a forced delay on the objectives and you'll never see the stupid 40 second games, cause then you know the defenders will be in position before the attackers get there.
                    (sorry for the long quote)
                    TBH, it's this post that has me a bit worried about the project. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed, but I'm not holding my breath :/

Comment

VIVA LA ASSAULT!

Heya guys...Lemme just say...Make sure you get AS-GrandCanyon in there as a default...

Comment

I'll check here often but if you can please post any concearns/ideas you have on our forum.thx.

Comment

Gilly...We'll do our best.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific
                            (sorry for the long quote)
                            TBH, it's this post that has me a bit worried about the project. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed, but I'm not holding my breath :/
                            I don't remember posting that. It sure doesn't sound as something I would say. :bulb:
                            I think that's something someone suggested to me at one point.
                            Would you please post a link where you found that, or just delete that quote?!

Comment

You may be right (unable to get to the forums ATM) in which case, all apologies

Comment

Working...
                              X