Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comments galore!

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
    Looking great. Gonna try it and post feedback in the weekend.
    Looking forward to that mate.

Originally posted by NulEnvoid
    There's a prob with the trim on the curved stairway
    Yes I am aware of that. And it will be fixed. I am getting all the rest of the problems out of the way before I redo that whole area. I figured out a way to fix it and make it even better.

the air time on those lifts is cool too
    In beta two you will see the reason for the air time some nice Visual astetics are coming.

Originally posted by Odds
    Map is too small even for 1v1
    Ok so how would you suggest I enlarge it? keep in mind that this map is ment to be a small and fast map.

Cliff meshes look unrealistically pieced together
    Am not sure how to use terrain so it was the best I could do. Will look in to a way of making it more realistic Thanks for the input.

Structural support meshes restrict gameplay
    They were put there to stop you from doing certain things You will notice that there are very few meshes in the level as it is. And in gameplay specific points there are no meshes blocking the way. However. I would love to know which you believe are blocking the gameplay. I could have over looked something.

Overall scale is too small
    Again this fits to the keeping it to a small map domain. I hate big huge open maps for 1on1s. I wanted to offer this map as a bigger than Albatross but smaller than Rankin map. The goal of this map is to keep the players fighting! That said suggestions are welcome.

Well on to the bit you've been waiting for: BETA 2
    - Piping has been added to take advantage of the serious air-time you get from lift jumps. Bots will take advantage of this. (Well, it will support them if they choose to go up there)
    - Serious Texture working. Finally finished all the trimmage.
    - Lighting: New sunlight. Better higher detail on shadows.
    - Meshes: Apart from piping. Fixing rocks so they look better. Added some bits of eye candy.

Screens tomorrow... and download if I can get some work done on it tonight. Thanks again for all the help folks!!

Comment

Here's my feedback:
      • Should be scaled by about 1.1~1.25
      • Lighting is awesome
      • Item/weapon placement needs work
      • Lift should be slowed, and have a sound
      • More ambient sounds needed, but not very loud
      • I can get outside of the map in atleast two places - slowing the lift and redoing the rock walls, along with some blocking volumes, should help this

Comment

Screens as promised...

Screens of the upcoming beta 2 as promised:

[screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict27.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict28.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict29.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict30.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict31.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict32.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict33.jpg[/screenshot]
        [screenshot]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~barballs/images/DM_1on1_derelict/derelict34.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

It's looking good, two things visually relating to the lighting though:

I'm going to miss the crispness of the light in the last beta
          With the air time, aren't some of those upper areas going to be problamatic re camping now that they look very dark?

Nice looking improvements, personally though I prefered the last beta's lighting. But darker may work better due to the size of the level, so I guess I'll have to wait until I play it

Comment

I'm going to miss the crispness of the light in the last beta
            Well don't fret buddy both a day and night version will be available.
            So you can pick which one you like the most!

With the air time, aren't some of those upper areas going to be problamatic re camping now that they look very dark?
            Once up there you can see a lot. You are also a sitting duck. You will only be able to stand on the pipes and there is no cover what so ever. plus I am putting no items up there. I played a few games with bots and I had no difficulty with them when they jumped up there. I dont know though I might but some lighting around them anyway just to make it easier for the other players to see them. We'll see how it works when the beta 2 is released.

Comment

Sounds sweet :up:

Been thinking about those upper towers and the lift time a bit more, while they're good fun I think maybe the maps gameplay may benefit with those areas either being no go or a lot harder to get to.

Anyway, look forward to the next beta.

Comment

As in make it so that you have to lift jump almost perfectly to get up there? That will be the goal as such. There are however no pickups/weapons or cover up there at all. So while you may have height advantage you will not the luxury of cover.

I've been very busy this past week. Next beta is on the way. Between HL2 work and birthday(tmw) I've not had much mapping time. But I promise to get the next out soon!

Comment

too bright outside mate, lower the brightness on your sunlight or spotlight actor.

MsM

Comment

Originally posted by barballs
                    Next beta is on the way. Between HL2 work and birthday(tmw) I've not had much mapping time. But I promise to get the next out soon!
                    Happy birthday, relax and enjoy

Originally posted by Yournan2000
                    too bright outside mate, lower the brightness on your sunlight or spotlight actor.
                    If you do, please not too much as I think it adds a unique freshness to the map. I'd hate to see the crispness of the lighting lost.

Comment

Is this map a dead project now?

Comment

nope.
                        thats all im intitled to say

Comment

Ah... I think I know what you're on about. Good news then

Comment

nope it not dead. FAR from it

You'll be informed soon enough

Comment

Hmm, I wonder what Kyle and Barballs mean

Comment

Is this map a dead project now?
                                lol, not quite my friend all will be revealed soon.

MsM

Comment

Working...
                                X