• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP Egyptian Themed Map

Name: WIP
    Version: Alpha/Beta
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description:
    Comments: Just thought i would post some early screenshots of my up coming Egyptian themed deathmatch map.
    Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/1.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/2.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/3.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/4.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/5.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/6.JPG[/screenshot]
    Credits:
    Homepage:
    Download:

No download, but if you have any comments or feedback from these screenshots, please post

You asked for it
    • Yet another "Egyptian" themed map
    • Too much duplication
    • Far too unfinished to give a truer reflection of its potential

Work on it until you get it to a better visually looking map that would suit early screenshots, and release an early playable beta to test for playability.

My

Comment

ill just point out something which might not be clear, the players can only access the fenced in areas (and inside the middle building, which is mostly incomplete), they cannot get outside the walls to the pyramids.

and yeah, it may be an egyptian map, but there are far, far more techno themed maps than egyptian maps, so i dont see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookWoods
        ill just point out something which might not be clear, the players can only access the fenced in areas (and inside the middle building, which is mostly incomplete), they cannot get outside the walls to the pyramids.
        OK, fair enough. So can we some see some internal work done so far?

and yeah, it may be an egyptian map, but there are far, far more techno themed maps than egyptian maps, so i dont see the problem. [/B]
        My criticism still stands Egyptian AND space/techno themes rule the style charts in the same way Stock, Aitken and Waterman did with pop in the eighties. It may be well made but it is not always what the public wants

But believe me it is better then anything I could turn out at the moment

[NOTE] these are purely my own thoughts and do not detract from the reasonable visuals.[/NOTE]

Comment

errrrrrrrrr wheres the light mate?

get some torches in there and some sunlight.

MsM

Comment

there are many, many eyptian themed maps, but not many of them are not actually used on servers. However, if the gameplay is good, then i see no reason for Eyptian themed map. There are some very good eyptian themed map, afterall, it does have the most static meshes and textures. Who can blame em.

Harsh

Comment

reguardless of the theme is looks alright...one thing that I would point out about the lighting is it looks like you're using a sunlight due to the completely black shadows that are casted...one thing to fix this is duplicate the sunlight...place it at the exact opposite side...then reduce the briightness to like 10 or 20...however doing this will bright up areas that are already brighted...so reduce the main sunlight's brightness by a tad too

Comment

Ducatisto:

the interior has no lighting at all basically, and is atm, basically just flat walls, ill get screenshots later.

Yournan2000 and PointlesS:

Im still messing with the sunlight, and torches are something i am yet to add, but they will be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookWoods
                  Yournan2000 and PointlesS:

Im still messing with the sunlight, and torches are something i am yet to add, but they will be in there.
                  The sunlight actor mate, i'd add some colour to it instead of the default colour, adds more atomsphere to it. Also some zonefog would look nice in this map mate, was checking out the terrain job mate looks good the small pool remember to add a light source, only a small radius with a greeny-blue colour.

As for the theme is doesn't really bother me too much, as long as the map looks good and plays good personally i like egyptian maps as you can tell from my 1on1 pack thread i've got going.

btw- forgot to mention add some blue lights for that funny blue texture as well.

MsM

Comment

I'm a big fan of Egyptian ANYTHING.. especially maps, so as soon as you are beta testing it, give me a shout and I'll gladly test it immediately. I think it looks good IMO.

Comment

Wow, Looks real good. Just don't make it too bright. On half of the Egyptian maps I play, I can never see my shock cores Thats the only thing that keeps me from Egyptiam maps.

Comment

[screenshot]http://www.eloquensa.net/etc/unreal/screenshots/Shot00029.JPG[/screenshot]

I have made the sunlight actor a little bit darker, but with an orangy colour, and instead of using another sunlight actor facing in the opposite direction, i have used ambient lighting of 15 to remove the pure black shadows
                        i have also added a distance fog, it is only slightly, just gives it a bit of a feeling as though there is sand in the air, if you get what i mean.
                        Anyway, just a quick update for now, im still working hard on the interior, and ill post screenshots of it once there is something to show.
                        Any feedback on the modifications to the exterior are more than welcome

Comment

looks a lot better now :up:

Comment

Doesnt look very thought out. Looks like you've just plonked down some meshes and terrain. Try and integrate the meshes more into the bsp. They should be seamless.

Comment

[GOD]Odds:

i dont fully understand what you mean, could you please explain more and give examples.

Comment

Working...
                              X