X Mech

Name:
    X Mech (Temporary)

Version:
    Uh..."1" I suppose?

Description:
    Ummm... just look at the screenies.

Comments:
    Unfortunately it has 8000 polys. Oh well. If I actually manage to code it, it will be a rare vehicle like the Leviathan.

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://home.pacbell.net/hyshin/XM1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://home.pacbell.net/hyshin/XM2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://home.pacbell.net/hyshin/XM3.jpg[/shot]

Credits:
    Me for modeling

Download:
    Not for a little while

I'll add a bunch of guns later.

Also, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to code a biped vehicle. In fact I realize that most mechs released so far are not quite as maneuverable as most people would like. My goal is to get this mech to handle as well as the mechs in the Armored Core games.

Also, name suggestions are welcome.

looks fantastic...reminds me of one of the transformers

Comment

"Weltal"

Comment

personaly i'd prefer if it looked more functional and less flare i never did like the anime mech look (if thats what its suposed to be) but all in all VERY COOL

Comment

While it does look very cool, I'm afraid I have to agree with Fatal_Contagion here. It doesn't look like it was designed to really do anything other than stand around and look cool.

Comment

I'm sure if I can get it to move, you'll change your mind. Ever play Armored Core? That game had pretty good mech animations, plus they ran smoothly, plus they were really maneuverable, etc. That's what I'm trying to get, here.

Or I could stick it in a level as a static mesh, but that will not happen until I am absolutely sure that I don't want it to become a vehicle.

UPDATE: I added twin guns for the guy to hold. They're pretty low poly but should look good with texturing (which I'll do last). I also lengthened the legs slightly.

[shot]http://home.pacbell.net/hyshin/XM4.jpg[/shot]

Comment

I think it's the mech's headpiece that makes it look "anime"-ish.

i swear it looks like it has a little tiara on its forehead or something

>__>

<___<

Comment

I could get rid of it. The only problem is that the head looks a little...bare. Or I could get detail in via texturing.

Comment

Please, make a mech that looks like the ones in Mech Warrior!

Comment

It reminds me of Armored Core

Comment

That looks like wing gundam zero so I suggesy you name either Zero or 0X.

Comment

you are a dam good modeler, but i hate humanoid mechs like that, it feels like you are not in a vehicle
                        Originally posted by musilowski
                        Please, make a mech that looks like the ones in Mech Warrior!
                        yeah :up: dont waste your modeling skills :up:

Comment

make the lowert legs alot thicker with lots of jets behind the foot and on the sides but if u r goin for the anime look make it look more like the death scythe from gundome wing endless waltz

pardon my spelling

Comment

Looks great I wouldn't remove anything! (anime style or not )

Comment

i think it looks great too just it looks more like an action figure anime mech not some thin thatle kick ur ***** in a heart beat like the ones frome front mission4 or wat eva its called

Comment

Working...
                              X