No announcement yet.

XS Vehicles (Xyx-Shinzon Vehicles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little hesitant of critical mass, supernova, nukes, omega weapons, armageddon devices, black holes and other "wipe out the whole map" stuff.
    Two words: Oh no
    I hope balancing doesnt ruin the vehicle pack :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
      Faugh! Yesterday I learned that lasers can be used not only to heat, but also to cool. It makes for a nice siencebabble background, but I would try to make a freezing ray nonetheless.
      Of could you would!

I suppose you could, too, if you looked at the U4E Freezer Code. If someone takes enough damage from the primary fire, they can be frozen in place, and a fully charged up secondary will freeze-kill them. Mmm, ice statues.

Comment

Dont want to sound like a twit but the download link doesnt work I click on the link and the Unreal Playground site comes up with no results found

HELP

Comment

They'll be available for download as soon as I finish the next beta, which will be... "soon". Working as fast as I can here!
          ___

I seem to have missed this little gem of a post...

Originally posted by 4TX4
          Maybe not 'unique', but authentic AAA (flak) sure would be nice. Basically a multi-barreled turret type thingy (pic1, pic2) that fires miniature proximity flak cannon shells at high speed & medium ROF.
          The vehicle formerly known as Hover Shell Tank has since been dubbed "Flak Tank" and has most of these features already. It sports a double-barreled cannon that can lop flak bombs with incredible accuracy at long range, and altfire detonates the shells in the air. Its passenger controls a four-barreled flak shard spitting not unlike the ones in those pictures.

Another idea would be a missile or (energy) projectile that harms a vehicle's occupants with intense ('neutron') radiation (insert pretty visuals), while leaving the vehicle itself (virtually) undamaged. The projectile would remain stuck in (or transfer its energy into) the vehicle and create a fairly large radiation field that would last for 7 secs or so. It wouldn't kill outright, but drain health at an alarming rate so people would basically be forced to abandon their vehicles while the effects last.
          Already slated for construction! Not exactly as you describe, however. Thought about that, but then decided it would be WAY easy to kill or hijack powerful vehicles with such a weapon. Imagine hitting a Goliath, Leviathan or worse with one of those. Hijack? :weird: The design I had in mind forces you to abandon your vehicle as well, and will be very short range and most likely destroy your (small) vehicle in the process. I'm considering naming it "Parasite".

Originally posted by Kokovartalo_jaf
          Two words: Oh no
          I hope balancing doesnt ruin the vehicle pack :weird:
          I had quite the opposite in mind, but I suppose that is a matter of taste more than anything. My personal taste runs to the "don't shoot down all the nodes in less than 30 seconds" type of balance.

Originally posted by Cap'n Kyth
          U4E Freezer Code
          Hmmm...

Comment

Thanks
            How long you been working on this?

And which month will it be released in?

Comment

I think I started about three weeks ago, and I recon another month or so before I'm done. I initially planned to do just a quick rebalancing swipe in two or three days, but I kinda got caught up. At least now you'll get in beta 6 what you would otherwise not have seen until at least beta 7.

Comment

Originally posted by WinkyBoy
                1) Would it be all right with y'all if I put the Ruination Walker in a new version of my SterlingFlood board?
                oh please god make it so

and Mr. Evil's Weapons of Evil has a weapon called the Parasite... OH you meant a vehicle weapon. Those things have names?_? Or you mean the vehicle will be called that?

PS - Xyx killed my inner child.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                  The vehicle formerly known as Hover Shell Tank has since been dubbed "Flak Tank" and has most of these features already. It sports a double-barreled cannon that can lop flak bombs with incredible accuracy at long range, and altfire detonates the shells in the air. Its passenger controls a four-barreled flak shard spitting not unlike the ones in those pictures.
                  Nice... :up:

[radiation weapon]
                  Already slated for construction! Not exactly as you describe, however. Thought about that, but then decided it would be WAY easy to kill or hijack powerful vehicles with such a weapon. Imagine hitting a Goliath, Leviathan or worse with one of those. Hijack? :weird: The design I had in mind forces you to abandon your vehicle as well, and will be very short range and most likely destroy your (small) vehicle in the process. I'm considering naming it "Parasite".
                  Well, it wouldn't actually be that easy to hijack a vehicle, let alone kill it (the radiation only slightly damages vehicles). First of all, you'd either have to hit the vehicle repeatedly with relatively weak, medium ROF projectiles with a cumulative effect or a single, more powerful one that has a very low ROF {a single, low-ROF short-range missile would probably be best} Then, assuming you scored a solid hit, the vehicle's occupants will have a sec or two to evacuate before the radiation kills them. Could make it so that the radiation field grows both in size & intensity during the first couple of secs (literally making people run for their lives), then peaks for a few secs & finally reverses (full cycle 7-10 secs).

Maybe the occasional slowpoke gets fried (hey, that's what Darwin awards are for!), but usually they'll just be damaged and remain quite capable of putting up a fight. If your own vehicle is lightly armored, needs to get in close, and has only (a) relatively weak secondary weapon(s)*, the temporarily de-vehicled foot soldiers can still take it out with courage, skill, tenacity... or an AVRiL. If they're careless however they'll get cut down by secondary fire or support units, if available, and their vehicle gets stolen.

So yeah, there would be balance in the force imo. But it looks like you're going for 'more power w/ greater handicaps' approach? Well, at least it has radiation.

* A radiation-based energy projectile weapon, DP/rof comparable to the link gun, that only damages foot soldiers, not (or hardly) vehicles or their occupants.

Btw, here's another, related vehicle idea. Well, actually it's more or less the opposite of the radiation weapon... Let's call it the Stinger for now. It's loosely based on the Digger Wasp, so an insectoid look would appropriate.

"The digger wasp is well adapted to carefully sting and paralyze caterpillars and lay their eggs inside the caterpillar’s still alive and hence preserved body. The wasp’s larva are designed to hatch and slowly eat the alive but paralyzed caterpillar from the inside out, devouring the non-vital organs first so as to keep the caterpillar alive as long as possible."

The Stinger hovers around Manta-style looking for enemy vehicles. When it finds one it fires small, unguided EMP missiles (insert nice shock-combo esque visuals) which can temporarily immobilize a vehicle and slightly daze its occupants. Multiple quick-succession hits are required for full immobilization (vs slowdown & weapon malfunctions, effects that get worse with each hit), how many depends on the size (HP) of the vehicle. If a vehicle has been duly stunned, the Stinger moves in, 'jumps' on top of it, lays a single powerful mine (or multiple weaker ones), and gets the hell out. The mine detonates after a couple of secs, taking out or at least severely damaging the (now probably abandoned) vehicle.

If so desired the Stinger can then proceed to attack the vehicle's occupants with its EMP missiles. These do only relatively minor damage, but targets get knocked about a bit and throw their weapons (only the one they're holding). Maybe some blurred vision or other effects (health-taking aftershocks etc.) as well.

The Stinger is only lightly armored and its RL-based EMP missile system isn't terribly effective against multiple spread-out (human) targets, so taking on full Hellbender crews isn't generally advisable (unless they're dumb enough to run off or cluster together). Better just leave them stranded in the middle of nowhere.

As a bonus the Stinger could have cloaking capabilities to make stealth attacks / ambushes possible. It would basically look like the 'invisibility' combo, but with a draining/regeneration feature like the Shield Gun has. The Stinger would have to decloak before attacking.

Comment

How long before BETA 6??

Comment

Originally posted by Winkyboy...Ruination Walker in ... SterlingFlood...?
                      Originally posted by Riktar oh please god make it so

Well, based on T-Shinzon's answer, I'm not going to put the beta5 Walker in. I really want to see what kind of improvements can be made with beta6. It had a tendency to crawl up the walls just like the Manta does, and hopefully that can be fixed... (?) I like having it in the map, even though it's tight sometimes, and I even built a special breadbox to put it in (that is opened with the U4E Railgun).

Originall posted by Xyxand I recon another month or so before I'm done

Anyway, since it looks like only "a month or so" before beta6 [edit: or is that only the part that you're working on, Xyx?[/edit], I'll be holding off another public SterlingFlood until then. I think the Walker works beautifully with the U4E weapons, since technically one explosion of their Fleshbomb rifle could almost take it out...

Comment

Beta 6 ETA: one month. Give or take another month. Really. I'm working as fast as I can, and although I know there will always be beta 7 I don't want to completely rush it.

Originally posted by Riktar
                        Xyx killed my inner child.
                        I did? How?

Well, it wouldn't actually be that easy to hijack a vehicle
                        Only if it kinda sucked. As soon as you force them to get out, you can shoot them, roadkill them, get out yourself and rely on your superior health or hijack their vehicle before the radiation has abated. They bailed at the last moment, but you still have 100 health. Only if the radiation did like at most 2 damage per second to the driver would hijacking not be easy.

I very much like the whole neutron radiation thing, though. I'll give it some more thought. Maybe I'll mock something up using radioactive biosludge.

it looks like you're going for 'more power w/ greater handicaps' approach?
                        Well, we especially want to go for stuff that breaks the rules a bit. Changes gameplay. Does things you don't see in other games. Like the Scorpion with its blades and plasma ribbon, or the skymines, or the Paladin's shield. And especially not the regular tank with cannon and minigun.

The Stinger hovers around Manta-style looking for enemy vehicles. When it finds one it fires small, unguided EMP missiles (insert nice shock-combo esque visuals) which can temporarily immobilize a vehicle and slightly daze its occupants. Multiple quick-succession hits are required for full immobilization (vs slowdown & weapon malfunctions, effects that get worse with each hit), how many depends on the size (HP) of the vehicle. If a vehicle has been duly stunned, the Stinger moves in, 'jumps' on top of it, lays a single powerful mine (or multiple weaker ones), and gets the hell out. The mine detonates after a couple of secs, taking out or at least severely damaging the (now probably abandoned) vehicle.
                        That's very cool, that combination of disabling and otherwise-hard-to-deliver damage. Will keep that in mind!

As a bonus the Stinger could have cloaking capabilities to make stealth attacks / ambushes possible.
                        Also a great combination, cloaking and delayed damage.

Comment

Somebody get Winky a beta 6 version of the ruination walker... single release... or something. >_>

And regarding that kill-pilot vehicle. Make it a small vehicle that rams into a vehicle and blows itself up, emitting neutron rays that kill only the pilot and leaving the vehicle virtually undamaged.

... Ne?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                            Beta 6 ETA: one month. Give or take another month. Really. I'm working as fast as I can, and although I know there will always be beta 7 I don't want to completely rush it.
                            Really YES I thought something like 2 or 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by Riktar
                              Somebody get Winky a beta 6 version of the ruination walker... single release... or something. >_>
                              Ah, I'll wait -- and if you're wanting to see the next revision of my board, PM me, okay?

But to get back to the Hydra, Siege Ball, etc. subject, I'm curious if y'all ever thought up a name for this pack? It feels a bit awkward to refer to it as the "Hydra, etc. Now including the SIEGE BALL!! Beta X!!!"

Comment

Where can I download Beta 5? unreal playground doesnt work it just says no matches found and nothing comes up after I click on the link :cry:

Comment

Working...
                                X