Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrix style APU (mech) [Beta] [picks] (UPDATE 8-9-04)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an UPDATED version of the A.P.U.? I mean everything ya need in 1 zip file?

Comment

It's in the works. Much has happened to it. Seriously, it's something really awsome now. I've been working on getting the arms to be as realistic as I can.

here if you can't see the pic

The pic isn't that clean, just deal with it atm. :| The left arm has a target, and the right arm has a different target. XD

Edit:

Yes the lower 1/2 isn't there but it still hovers on the ground right now. Fun to see the arms do their thing to point at the targets when you move around in it.

Comment

So it's pointing at 2 targets?

Sweet.

Did you get the texture set for it?

Comment

WOW finally! an A.P.U unit!
          i've been waiting to see something likethis for ages
          pleeeeease tell me it'll be out soon

Comment

Great to hear it is still being worked on!

How are you handling the walking? Will there be any collision in the legs?

Comment

The walking will be just as before. I really don't have time to spend on the legs. It'll use the old repulsor to act as collision. Right now I'm less concerned about the APU and more concerned about what it will be shooting at. Yes the arms have different targets and it points to the target meaning it doesn't require much to shoot down something. That was my intent for it and I'll need to make an opponent that can deal with that.

The work that I put into the mech will be to make an elaborate targeting/selecting system. Currently the targets are sorta hard coded in. What I need to make for it is a small 3d map that shows the positions of the available targets and which ones are more threatening (closer).

Comment

When I first tried it out, the projectiles stunk and it was too noisy.

The projectiles were rockets and it was too noisy and they had splash damage, so if you shot an enemy right next to ya, you would damage yourself.
                Would you look into it?

EDIT: Oh and it wasn't a rapid-fire like the REAL A.P.U.s in the Matrix Revolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by LorinUT
                  When I first tried it out, the projectiles stunk and it was too noisy.

The projectiles were rockets and it was too noisy and they had splash damage, so if you shot an enemy right next to ya, you would damage yourself.
                  Would you look into it?

EDIT: Oh and it wasn't a rapid-fire like the REAL A.P.U.s in the Matrix Revolutions.

Hehe ya, that was just thrown in there at the end just so it would fire something. That version accually uses the tank sounds. If I released it right now I would prolly leave it the lasers it's shooting in the screenshot.

However time is mostly being devoted to the spider-like vehicle that will be invading in the map.

Edit: Seriously, the difference between that old version and this new version is roughly 1700 lines of code. XD

Comment

Okay... so when can we get the new version?

Comment

Omfg Its Says The Download Not Found I Need This Thing Now! im reading the other post and it says it isnt rapid fire you need it to be rapid fire with the giant SAWs or itsjust not right

Comment

nice year year bump dude.

Comment

Can't blame a guy for trying.

And I would like an updated A.P.U.

Comment

Working...
                          X