WeaponStuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeaponStuff

WeaponStuff, a mutator that lets you change stuff to do with weapons. There are several options for you to play with, and I think a screenshot can describe it better than I can:
    [ScreenShot]http://www.wsheppard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/william/mods/weaponstuff/ws_1.jpg[/screenshot]

So much configuration...

Oh, and here's the uberspammy flak that goes with that first screenshot (fires every 100th of a second).
    [ScreenShot]http://www.wsheppard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/william/mods/weaponstuff/ws_2.jpg[/screenshot]

The menu will pick up weapons from INT files, and put them into the list as avaliable for configuration automatically.
    [ScreenShot]http://www.wsheppard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/william/mods/weaponstuff/ws_3.jpg[/screenshot]
    If you want to mess around with the EO weapons, you'll need This INT File, though most mods do add weapons to the INT files.

There's also an in-game menu, that can be used by server admins to set it up on a server, or when you're just playing around. It changes the settings on-the-fly, whether you're running it on a server or not, and looks and behaves exactly like the mutator menu.
    [ScreenShot]http://www.wsheppard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/william/mods/weaponstuff/ws_4.jpg[/screenshot]

I hope you enjoy using this mutator.

DOWNLOAD (22KB)

Whoah, cool dood! :up:

Comment

LOL

Well I think we got a Hit here! I wish I had this earlier.
      This will add a whole new dimension to the game.
      I just tried a instant action single but I used the arena mute with weapon stuff mute and link gun as my chosen weapon. I just did some minor tweeks in the WS to the link gun but LOL, VERY SWEET!! I will try this server side and see on some other stuff but If this works server to client ok and it doesnt conflict too much with other mutes it will be Fantastic!!

Good work WMS! this make up for the lowping.

Comment

i was plannign on starting basically the same thing in the near future... guess i dont have to now

loooks great. ill give it a try sometime.

Comment

O man

This is so cool, You can do alot of tweaking with this!
          And I got alot of custom weapons and mutators and this did'nt conflict with anything! It also picks up your custom weapons and sets it into the list so you can configure those too! And what is wild is, if your not into easykill games like me you can set your weps to very low damage ect. And the part I really thought was nice is you can set the hit momentum like real high and set the damage real low and have some wacked out fun this way too. You hit someone and they go flying! Anyway, TOTAL PROPS to the maker of this mute. I know its early to say its bug free but you dont need alot to use this. Its a small .u file that will work with the regular weapons ect. The refire rates might be a bit tricky because most people think higher makes the gun shoot faster but for ut2003 its figured by seconds between shots so the lower you set it means the less time between projectiles!
          Again thanks to the maker and WMS for the post!

Comment

Very Nice! Thanks!
            I had hoped that i could change the speed of the non-instant-hit weapons like PrimaryLinkGun/Rockets/Flak. But it isnt implented. I dont mean the fire rate but the speed a rocket/primaryflak/primaryLink flys. Changing the reach of SecondaryLink Gun would be nice too.
            It would be very nice if you could implent that settings too.

Comment

yea

I did some commands for that in UT like:
              set botpack.shockproj speed 2500 or set ut_grenade speed 1000.
              And you can set the projectile real slow like slower than walking speed LOL or real fast! Maybe in the next version if there is one that element could be figured in. But if you get the latest switcharsenal4x you can choose 2 or 3 weapons for your arsenal and tweek them out the way you want and thats all you need. This mutator and the latest switcharsenal4x from Melaneus work so well togethor its like having a weapons editor without having to go in and make a different script. This was funny I just took the shock rifle alone in the switcharsenal #1 and #2 slots and the rest empty and in the WS set the damage to 3% and momentum to like 500% and was playing with 4 bots and we shooting each other and get hit and fly clear across the map! Frickin wild

Comment

Great mut, very fun on the rapid fire options

I hope several admins consider this for their servers.

Comment

Yea

Non stop wildness with this! Try this one, use the arena and WS mutes and choose assault rifle for the arena gun. Then set the assault rifle to fire rate 0.01 and damage to 750% momentun to 100% self damage 0% and Infinite ammo! Do what you want to the alt fire, LOL! Try this with 4 bots in an instant action game, You better be a quick shooter and have good periferal vision!

Or before you press mouse to start, tab in god, and enter it!

Comment

O yea i forgot

Heres another one! Same thing use arena and WS for mutes and make the shieldgun the arena wep choice. In the WS set primary fire rate to 0.01 and damage to 0% or 10% will take 10 hits to kill the other. And set momentum to 700% and self damage to 0%! Do what ever on the alt side. A instant action game with 4 or 5 bots. you dont need god on this one!

Use DM-Antalus map or somthing open!

Comment

I really hoped the download would work, but it didn't.WTF???
                      edit:it works, nice mut

Comment

WMS,

Great weapons mutator! It's definitely the best I've seen so far. Do you have any plans for new mutators, or an upgrade to this one? XOR1's idea about projectile speed adjustment seemed like a good thought, especially for the non-instant hit weapons...

- Sir William

Comment

Originally posted by jaybud4
                          I really hoped the download would work, but it didn't.WTF???
                          The link works, just try again.

Comment

I made the RL into a minigun... but alot faster firing rate :P
                            kick **** mod

Comment

Originally posted by Frequency X3
                              I made the RL into a minigun... but alot faster firing rate :P
                              kick **** mod
                              rofl thats cool

Comment

Working...
                              X