X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LowPing

From the readme:
    LowPing is a mutator that reduces the ping between a client and server for
    UT2003. Average reductions are of around 30% - 35%.

This mutator must be ran serverside.

To install it, extract the .u and .int to your UT2003/System directory, and add
    a ServerPackages=LowPing to your Servers INI file in the appropriate location.

You can add the mutator through webadmin, or specify it as part of your UCC
    server line as follows:
    UCC Server CTF-Chrome?Game=xGame.xCTFGame?Mutator=LowPing.LowPing

As you can see, the Package.Class name for the mutator is Lowping.Lowping.

Enjoy some nice, smooth, reduced-ping gaming.
    Download

Hmmmm i have my suspicsions about this.. Anyone try this yet?

Comment

Can we have some details on what exactly this does to achieve such a reduction in ping?

What does this mutator do that Epic most probably decided against?

Not trying to bash the mut AT ALL ... but like Shatorb said, something with such a claim sounds a bit suspicious.

Comment

I tried this, saw no difference, didnt go higher or lower.

Comment

Prove that you have tried it already I'm tempted to download it(fighting the urg.....rips off own hand):bulb:

Comment

yes

This will make your game produce fake ping numbers but, who knows there are probably other tricks and tools that can, and are being use to deceive both servers and clients! This mutator will not make your computers internet connection send data any faster to clients it will just manipulate the ping number the computer processes and sends to the game file. Ive seen mutators that will change all kinds of things like ping numbers real low or ping numbers all 0 or pings real high ect ect. Anyway the thread starter did'nt bother to do anything here as far as research! This information you see here is taken right from the
            mutators readme file and thats all there is in the readme! About all this will do if indeed it works is show you how easy people can be fooled! Im suprised epic didnt build this one right into the latest patch I mean with all the players complaining from patch to patch of ping fluctuation problems. But I can remember trying another mutator similar to this if not the same one and, I knew it was just producing false numbers to fool people. Anyway Just from curiosity I will try this one and let you know how it works!
            Theres also "Limit by ping" which is another mutator that will kick a player that has a higher ping but, I can see some logic in this. I dont know, I could probably make an empty .u file and call it "Game booster mutator.u", and in the readme I could put: this mutator will make your game perform 30% to 35% better after install, and I bet there would be many takers and believers of this empty promise! O well everything is absolutely FREE for only $19.95! LOL :weird: I would like to know why WMS Thinks this is something worthwhile for us gamers but I doubt he will respond since he has'nt yet!

Comment

we just tested this on our personal serv...ermm some things to note, i can walk through my opponent...??? and fall through him if i jump on his head.
              and on the instagib rifle, the red laser at the front, if you look at an opponents rifle it has a big long grey tube where the red laser usually is..?

Comment

Originally posted by FizzyB

and on the instagib rifle, the red laser at the front, if you look at an opponents rifle it has a big long grey tube where the red laser usually is..?
                thats always been there. same for ShockRifle.

Comment

i usually see a laser..

Comment

O

But the real question is, did this make everybodys ping lower and if it did was it noticable in the reaction time for movement and weapons shooting ect.?
                    NOT

Comment

Some1 gonna delete this thread then?

pretty obviously bogus

Comment

ditto

can this trash!!:down:

Comment

Utter BS.

Comment

it set my ping to 0. where as the guy who's server it was saw 50. which is a lot lower than i usually get.
                            All i can say is, ive never had a game of insta so unlaggy. but then ive never played on his server before..so i cant be sure. stupid of me really, i should have played normal insta beforehand..sorry :/

Comment

This is NOT a virus, so anyone who thinks it is we checked it out, and it is safe for download.

To whoever made it.... Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                              X