• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locust v.1.01 [Pics] [Beta] [updated]

Name: Locust
    Version: 1.01 beta
    Compatibility: Original UT2004 and/or patch 3204
    Description: The Locust is a state of the art hovering attack board that can maintain a constant lift above the ground and climb slanted faces to a certain degree, it is the most agile and nimble vehicle of its kind and performs a devastating melee boardspin flipkick attack. Jump great distances and heights in style. Get yours now!
    Comments: Splash modeled/UVW mapped the board and I did scripting/animation/sounds. This is our first time making anything for UT2004 (and I tinkered with map making in UT99, but nothing ever came of it). Give us your feedback, but please, read the readme file first to learn about the known bugs/issues before screaming bloody murder. If anyone wants to put this in their map/mod, feel free, just contact us first so we can take a look at your map/mod!
    Screenshot: http://www.girlshavecooties.com/onny/media/index.html
    Credits: Splash & gel
    Homepage: http://www.girlshavecooties.com/onny
    Download: http://www.girlshavecooties.com/onny.../locust101.zip
    (the aove download is a zipped umod file)
    http://www.girlshavecooties.com/onny...01_no_umod.zip
    (2nd file is a regular zip file, no umod)

Please note that when splash and I designed the Locust, we hadn't looked at any other mods/vehicles that others were making. Coincidentally, many of the suggestions in another thread about a "hoverboard" were ones splash and I also thought of. That isn't to say that we aren't all that creative, it's just that we somewhat think alike. We didn't steal anyone's ideas, we just read those other threads TODAY. Anyway, please enjoy this and with good constructive feedback, we will continue working on this and other mods.

edit(June 9, 2004): Version 1.01 and non-umod zip file added.

Oh yes! Hover-Board! D/Ling! :up:

Comment

This is Great! Good Job. Hope to see some different HoverBoards from you in the Future.

Comment

Looks great! The board is projcting lights one the ground beneath? Is the player animated on the board depending on what s/he is doing (like jumping/landing etc.)?

Comment

In part, yes. When you do a superjump (hold crouch and release) the player does an ollie animation which you can see in the screenshots on the website. The boardspin kickflip attack also has custom animation. The jump does not have animation yet, but that should be easy to add. With teh new moves coming in the furture, I'll add more animation too, but the biggest problem is getting the server to replicate al this animation, adn that may be a case no one ever solves (not with this engine anyway...).

Comment

Great to hear all the positive feedback, anyone played it yet? what do you think, you found any glitches yet? he he anyone got any sugestions for another attack ?

Comment

Hey good job man! Just played with it, and i must say this is definatly a HDD keeper. The movements of the board and its pilot are really nice, especially the secondary fire move. The only thing i dislike is the hover effect on ground, its much to bright.

btw. Used WorM Motorpool to get this in game. Best Vehicle replacer ever!

Comment

NICE DUDE!
                can't wait to try this out....
                like tony hawk pro skater for UT :up:

Comment

Looks interesting. *downloads*

Comment

How do I get it ingame? :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by _Zd_Bee_
                      How do I get it ingame? :noob:
                      Get the latest version of WorM2k4 think its .142 and use the mutator WorM Motorpool or use the CarLauncher (CL5).

Comment

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of these vehicle replacing mutators until a couple days ago. I'll try those out and maybe update the readme file with some links to popular vehicle mutators.

I'll mess with the hover projection thing to see what else looks good, but I kind of like how bright it is.

If anyone has played with the Locust online (or on a LAN), I'd really like to hear your experience, particularly what the vehicle looks like when other players are riding it. If you are interested in hosting a server with the Locust, just ilke with any mod, you'll have to edit your UT2004.ini file, under [Engine.GameEngine] you'll have to add he line: ServerPackages=Board

I think I should rename the package name, as "Board" is too common, but that was our working name for the Locust. It's just not a one-step process... and it's not really that high priority as is getting the Locust running really nicely.

Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot!

Comment

This vehicle looks fun hope some servers get it up .

Comment

I love it! :up:

Two things tho:

1. It might be handy to have some weapon. Now u are mostly a sitting duck (even tho u move fast.)
                            2. Also the bots don't seem to know how to get off the board all the time, which kinda sucks since they won't do anything then.

Comment

I would like to see a motorcycle w/side car that could spray napalm.

oops - wrong thread

Comment

Working...
                              X