DM-The_Metropolitian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-The_Metropolitian

I only have a screenshot at the moment, but it pretty much sums up what the whole map looks like. This one does not require much spatial visualization to comprehend ... this is a simple map, and simple's an understatment, compared to what's coming out these days. More a proof of concept than an actual Deathmatch map, I'm toying with the editor to make a somewhat minimalist map that is as photorealistic as possible.

http://www22.brinkster.com/dogyears/metro.htm

Give me the critiques. Still a work in progress, the textures are more or less atrocious, as you can see.

reminds me of the mines of moria in the first lord of the rings movie, you just got to add the bridge where gandolf fought the Balrog and some eye candy . =)

Comment

I think it looks great :up:
      Maybe a little more detailed floor would be great...

Comment

Thanks.

I just added another SS. I was hoping for a more breezy/sunny effect than something dark and underground-ish, so I'll guess I'll have to work on that. And the textures will get a revamp too

Comment

I like marble arched hallways like that. Very gothicy. That i like. But the floor is FUGLY

Comment

Be sure to set the floors alignment to planar
            and then change the light map to a lower number, like 4 or 8.
            This is done in the texture properties window (F5)
            Doing this, will give your shadows a very fine line, compared to the ugly and blurred ones you have now.
            Otherwise it looks nice.

Comment

The floor looks awful (as if you are driving down it at too high a speed and it is motion blurring), but the rest looks amazing.

Comment

Thanks. I've been trying to fix the problem of the floor for a little while now, thanks for the tips guys, but it doesn't seem to work. When I decrease the light map, the shadow gets sharper, but it only gets choppier. It looks like a ... sawtooth curve, with less blur. I suspect it has something to do with the scale of this map, but I'm working on using projective textures to "cover up" this.

Unfortunately projections are giving me some bizzare artifacting too - with a decreased FOV, the surrounding ground gets "brighter". Problem after problem. Sigh.

Comment

Sorry to bother you, but can someone tell me what the FOV is suppose to do in the game? I changed it a few times but didn't see any change.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtybob
                    reminds me of the mines of moria in the first lord of the rings movie, you just got to add the bridge where gandolf fought the Balrog and some eye candy . =)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
                      Sorry to bother you, but can someone tell me what the FOV is suppose to do in the game? I changed it a few times but didn't see any change.
                      Type fov 180 into the console. You'll notice a difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X