Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MAP:DM] CampingGrounds [Need feedback][9 Screens inside]

Hi all,

This is my very first map ever! It's a small deathmatch map for about 6-10 players. It started off as a joke between me and my mate on teamspeak. But as soon as I got started on the map I got quite addicted on mapping... I'm far from done yet, but I'm posting these screenshots to get some feedback to see what other people think of it!

For high-resolution screenshots (1280x1024) go to my site and take alook inside the galleries. My site is : http://ssj2gogeta.netfirms.com

Well here come the screenshots:

Please easy on the flaming .. this is just my first try to make a map

lol those tents are awesome
    Dunno if it'll be playable fps wise though...

Comment

Ill give you my honest opinion here. Why dont you call it concentration campgrounds, cause with those barbed wire fencing for the border just doesnt look right at all. Remove the fences and just use high mountains for the border. Or remove the tents and go for a different map title.

Comment

funny idea

consider a name change as DM-CampGrounds is a famous Quake map that has been remade

Just to avoid confusion mayhaps . .

Comment

Gallery and download links on homepage not working yet................

Comment

reversion -> nope not gonna do that .. this was the original idea from me and my friend ..

dustoff -> didn't know that ... i'll just have to think up another name than

Ejen34 -> :bulb: it should work! weird, but I don't have any probs accessing my gallerie on the site .. same goes for downloads .. no probs there , maybe u happeened to connect to it while i was updating? Just asked a few people on icq to visit the site and works perfectly there,...

Comment

Hey GOGETA_NL, Buckyfg here. Looking great for a first map, some people's 3rd map doesnt have the same quality of feel (SOO important) but I agree with Reversion on the fencing, hills would be better forsure.

Also its just my preference but I would make the tents textures more like real retail tent colors (even some earthy tone browns and greens). Personally I would take a map more seriously if it looked like real tents . I really like the big hut BTW

One last thing, I see the waterfall there but that mist (you did grab that from Shire right?) isnt wide enough and I dont really know how to make proper mist so mine might not be the best to use (if you want to use it no problem though), you can try fiddling with the emitter settings on it and see what you can come up with.

Catch me on ICQ if you have any questions on the emitters, not sure how much you know.

Keep up the good work man, And I hear ya - mapping is **** ADDICTIVE.

Cheers

Comment

bucky ... thx for the kind words

about the tent colors .. yeah maybe ur right. But I don't even take this map serious ... lol it was just a silly idea to make a funny looking map I'm not aiming for realism here ... but hey, I'll look around for some other textures for the tents ... maybe i can find something army-camo like

lol and those fences are just because we (me and my friend) wanted to symbolize how much we hate campers ... they should be locked up between fences and mountains

And yeah i grabbed the emitter from shire too.. i know its too small, but haven't looked into the emittor things yet .. will do that later =)

Comment

Originally posted by GOGETA_NL
                  bucky ... thx for the kind words

about the tent colors .. yeah maybe ur right. But I don't even take this map serious ... lol it was just a silly idea to make a funny looking map I'm not aiming for realism here ... but hey, I'll look around for some other textures for the tents ... maybe i can find something army-camo like

lol and those fences are just because we (me and my friend ) wanted to symbolize how much we hate campers ... they should be locked up between fences and mountains
                  Ahhh, see if I knew that than I wouldnt have suggested removing them. Maybe to make that idea about hating campers stand out, you could put up a few signs on the fences about keeping the ******** in lol.

if you want a crazy map (in a texture way) then go ahead man. I'm just looking at the screens and dont know what you were aiming for.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckyfg
                    Maybe to make that idea about hating campers stand out, you could put up a few signs on the fences about keeping the ******** in lol.
                    Hehe excellent idea Gonna make some big nice signs on the fences ... now i need to find out how to make an emitter so it looks like the fences have high voltage =))

Comment

Originally posted by DuSt0fF
                      funny idea

consider a name change as DM-CampGrounds is a famous Quake map that has been remade

Just to avoid confusion mayhaps . .
                      yup that was my map DM-Campgrounds2003
                      http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...readid=247695.

OGL and ClanBase have both added it to their ladder maplists so it mite be a little confusing for any clans trying to download it

thx in advance if u're changing name. ur map does look pretty good for a first attempt.

but i jus have one suggestion...if there is no hit on performance mebbe put trees outside the edges of the map and behind the fences (like on official maps DM-Antalus, CTF-Maul and DOM-SeppukuGorge). it gives the map a feeling that it is part of sth larger, which in my opinion feels better for an outdoor map.

Comment

i will rename the map ... just gotta find another cool name for it... and about the trees.. we'll see about that ... so far I don't have alot of performance problems yet .. so who knows they might get in there =))

Comment

Working...
                        X