CTF - Biohazard (beta, and not mine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF - Biohazard (beta, and not mine)

I just visited the UnrealOps site, and scrolled down to find a cool pic of a CTF map... CTF Biohazardle (not to be confused with Warbeast's BR-Biohazard). It looks pretty good, almost liek something out of U2. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure its at least decent.

Just click this link: http://www.unrealops.com/ and scroll down a bit.

This is the download link that is also posted there: http://www.fragilicious.com/maps/CTF...le-beta200.zip

Hope its good....

It reminds me of a multiplayer level of Aliens vs. Predator 2.. Very nice map!

Comment

Originally posted by ^»{@mBRo$e}«^
      It reminds me of a multiplayer level of Aliens vs. Predator 2.. Very nice map!
      Did you try it already??

Comment

Oh this Is still a beta. Yeah there have been a few beta's of this map out over at Unreal Playground. I can wait till the final, but your right, this does look like it will be an Ownage map .

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPhoenix
          Oh this Is still a beta. Yeah there have been a few beta's of this map out over at Unreal Playground. I can wait till the final, but your right, this does look like it will be an Ownage map .
          Ahhh, so it's an UnrealPlayground map, eh? That's good to know, now I can keep tabs on it's development. :up:

Comment

Ok nevermind, I played the map. It aint so great.

Its not bad but kinda goofy looking.
            I don't really want to get into detail right now, but it's not ownage material.

Comment

After you said that I dl'ed it too, and tried it. And it's not Ownage material, but it's still a really sweet map, worthy of online play. It seems to play much better on LG though, and the one thing I hope they change in the final version is the pipe conecting the second level. They need to make it so you can run across it w/o getting stuck. Other then that, the fps's were good, and the eyecandy and flow were also good. What I think makes it not quite ownage material is it's obvious lack of static meshes, it would spice up the map some more if it had some SM.

Comment

Just out of curiousity do any of you playing CTF competitively? Just because Cliffy picks a map for Ownage doesn't mean **** when it comes to comp play. Cliff is not a member of a clan or has never seen Top 10 ladder action. Match flow is everything to a great ladder map. He has picked a couple of CTF maps that don't have good match flow at all.

I said this is a great looking map (which it is) AND it has great match flow. THAT is why I featured this map and not because I think it should be Ownage. While Cliffy's idea is great for the average fan, hardcore players don't pay it much attention. So unless you play on a comp ladder please don't belittle someone's hard work.

:sour:

Comment

I just realized a couple of you are overseas visitors and may not understand what I meant. So I will go into a little more detail.

I don't hate the idea of Ownage. It is great for an average fan to check out maps the developers think are cool and worthy of recognition. However any medium or advanced player knows about map flow and can make decision for themsevles.

Just because a map looks great doesn't mean its a great map to play on i.e. Chrome. Very tight hallways that you can't even dodge or double jump in. Sometimes there are maps that just look ok but have great match flow i.e. Lost Faith. The map has 5 different exits out of the base and only really looks great in the middle.

At Unreal Ops I chose to showcase 2 different kinds of maps. Maps that show off what the Technology can do and matchs that promote great gameplay. Which is what make Unreal Tournament 1 the game it was.

To make UT2003 last a long time it is going to take great maps and a cool community to keep it alive. I am not saying that what I think is always the best for the community. But I try and do my best to keep it going.

So in the end Cliffy's Ownage is cool but the people who play it everyday has a little more power of knowledgable choices in my book.

Comment

I dont think I uttered Cliffy's name even once, in any of those posts I made...

Comment

Ok nevermind, I played the map. It aint so great. Its not bad but kinda goofy looking.
                      I don't really want to get into detail right now, but it's not ownage material
                      ^^^

Yes you did mention Cliffy's Ownage. Like I said do you playing on a ladder matches? Did you play it online on a server? If you need an addy for the Cove just let me know and I will give it to you. Only then can you make a final judgement.

Comment

Sorry to break it to ya, but i never said Cliffy's ownage.
                        I make up my own mind about what's ownage and what isn't.

However I am always up for a good server, so I may take you up on that last offer.

Comment

Dude I don't care what Ciffy says Is ownage. Most of the Maps he says are ownage I don't think are. I just use the term ownage for my own use when I personaly think the map is a must have. Wether other people think the same of the map or not doesn't really matter to me, because it is "my own opinion". Which means other people can do what they want, and if they don't think the same of a map, then they don't have to dl it.

Personaly I never cared for how people act over Cliffy when he says their map is ownage. He may work for epic, but that doesn't make him special. He's Just another person like you and me, with his own opinions, though to me he has some bad opinions when it comes to ownage.

Comment

I agree with Tycho, Its an awesome Map, plays great! So what its not the greatest looking map, so what it doesnt have a billion polys per screen. I thought it played great!

Comment

I play at The Skippers Cove, add it to your favorites as it is the best custom server out there.

I will be on later tonite after I work on Monday's UO news.

Comment

Working...
                              X