No announcement yet.

TacticalDisplay Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigtoe, which release are you running? It's supposed to go away if you join or start a new game where there's no mutator in effect, the display remaining when you start a new game without the mutator is a bug from an earlier version. The release that fixed that bug is r23, anything older than that is buggy.

Comment

Well, I guess one man's bug is another man's feature, but it was never intended that the mutator be used by only one player in a game.

Comment

That's what the different symbols for players mean. A triangle with the point up is somebody above you, one with the point down is somebody below you, and a square is someone (roughly) level with you.

Comment

o ok

I will check it out! I really hav'nt looked too closely at the readme and how it all works ect.

Comment

Here's my situation.... 2 machines, one of which is running dedicated server, other one I connect with. I've installed the TacticleDisplay Radar on both machines, and have confirmed it is active by listing the used mutators but I am not getting the Radar to display. I've tried removing all bots (never know) with no luck. I've tried it locally (Instant Action and Host Multiplayer Game) and it works. But I can't seem to get it to work whne I connect to my dedicated server.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by HiSpirit
              But I can't seem to get it to work whne I connect to my dedicated server. Any ideas?
              Have you added the mutator to the ServerPackages section of the server's ut2003.ini?

It is probably documented in the readme, but just in case... Add "Serverpackages=(the exact name of the mutator's .u file)" underneath the other ServerPackages

Comment

Originally posted by Virus{xPCG}
                Have you added the mutator to the ServerPackages section of the server's ut2003.ini?

It is probably documented in the readme, but just in case... Add "Serverpackages=(the exact name of the mutator's .u file)" underneath the other ServerPackages
                Umm... when connected and in the console, and I do the "ADMIN LOGIN", "ADMIN GAME EDIT", "ADMIN MUTATORS USED" the mutator is listed as being used. Does that mean it should work and that the ServerPackages is not needed?

Also, there's no mention of that in the ReadMe.

Comment

I put it in just to be safe... no different... one other thing I should have mentioned... both systems (dedicated and client) are running 2186....

Comment

Opps.... forgot to re-enable the mutator after I added that ServerPackages... It's working now... thanks!!!:haha:

Comment

Actually, that's not in my ReadMe... I'm working on a new revision that will add CTF bases, BR Goals, and DDOM points to the display, and I'll make sure to update the ReadMe when I package it.

Comment

UPDATE

I just put up r26. This release adds CTF Bases and DDom Points to the display, and improves handling of many other things. Some of the special gametype icons have changed slightly, so re-read the ReadMe if you've played with r23 or earlier.

Comment

UPDATE

Posted r27 on site, fixes a range check bug in r26 and hides game objects when game is not their type (was causing trouble for Greed/TeamGreed drop points).

Comment

again...

r28 fixes CTF Base / DDom Point bug in r27. Tested this time with all gametypes

Comment

Working...
                            X