Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TacticalDisplay Mutator

UPDATE:
    Just put up r23 on the website. New features are DXT textures and source stripping for smaller files, a separate source download for those who still want to look at the guts of it, a fix for the "display won't ever go away bug" (tested ok for me, let me know if there are still problems), and new gametype support for Greed and Team Greed, using the open-circle icon for drop points and the smaller closed-circle icon for coins.

The TacticalDisplay mutator provides a radar-like display that helps the player see what's going on around them. It should relative position of nearby players, uses color codes to tell you about the health of teammates, and uses different icons to tell you whether other players are below or above you in the level. It also shows the location of the BR ball and CTF flags. Frozen players in TeamFreeze games are also color coded, and the colors are fully configurable by the user. It works in single player and network games, and each player can zoom their display in or out (up to the maximum range set by the server).

Home page for now is at http://chshrcat.homelinux.net/

Thanks to anyone in the forums who answered any of my questions, most of them were about this mutator ;-)

Screens:

Ahhh good deal...been waiting for this to be announced...

I saw this listed on UT-Stats a few days ago and was telling someone here about it....
    link was down at the time....

Will install it tonight when I get home from work....:up:

Comment

Yes, sorry about that, but I put a new version online, and moved the site, and they had a direct link to the file. If I move it from this site, I'll make sure there's a link to the new one.

Comment

When I dl'ed this and used it b4 the radar wouldn't go away even after I removed the mut from my list. and had to remove the files perminently from UT2003. Did you fix that in the new version?

Comment

It wouldn't go away even if you removed it, left UT2003, and started UT2003 again? Or it wouldn't go away if you removed it and started a new game? I can see how maybe the second problem might happen, I can write a quick fix, but I don't know how soon I can test (I'm at work, and will probably go straight for bed when I get home). If it's what I think it is, thanks for the bug report ;-)

So far, I'm about the only one who's really played this mutator much, and I tend to leave it in all the time when I'm testing, so that must be how I missed the problem.

Comment

Sweet! Have the guys working on the Goldeneye MOD contacted you about using this thing?

Comment

This is its first real public exposure, so the posts here are the first real feedback I've had on it. So no, nobody's contacted me about including it into any mods, although I'm glad to hear you like it

Comment

The only problem is it won't go away!!!! I mean, somtimes you want to use your reflex actions when sombody comes around a corner.

This could be good for a Class Based Mod.

And the support for Team Freeze is great!!!!:up:
                I love teamfreeze and can't wait for the next release! Teamfreeze needs somthing that tells you how many team mates are not frozen.

Comment

NeoPhoenix reported the same problem, Kaadu, and I think I have a fix for it, but the code is written from work and not tested. If I have time to test when I get home (in about an hour), I'll update and post here. I'm getting kept late for photo IDs today though, so no guarantee, and it's almost a guarantee it'll have to wait for weekend if the fix doesn't work on the first try - all I know now is that it compiles If all is well, there may be a new gametype supported with the release - but that's a surprise

Comment

Updated, scroll to original post for details.

Comment

Thanks for the update...

Comment

I'm pretty sure the client needs to have it installed to change the settings, that's one of the things I haven't tested since I don't have a separate machine to use as a dedicated server. I have tested with dedicated server and client on the same machine, but they both have the mutator, obviously What type of game were you playing where you were stuck at 6000 even though you changed the Max Range setting? If I know exactly what you were doing when you had the problem, I can try it myself and it'll be easier for me to fix.

Comment

looks like a ripoff of that marathon radar mutator for ut2003 I used to use (until I was accused of aimbotting)

Comment

It is based on Radar2003, but not much of the original code remains. In any case, I did contact Pfhoenix and obtain permission before using the code (the credits in the included ReadMe mention this, as does the text on the site). At this point, all of the textures and many of the classes have been completely remade.

Comment

LOL

I took it out then reinstalled it and its all good!
                              :up: :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X