For all you Total Annihilation fans out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you Total Annihilation fans out there

There is a MOD porting Total Annihilation over to the UT2003 engine!

Come check us out: MaxOverkill MODs

TA *is* the best RTS game ever, including starcraft, C&C, Age of whathaveyou, and all the rest.

God bless the Modders that are doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by dabaron
      TA *is* the best RTS game ever, including starcraft, C&C, Age of whathaveyou, and all the rest.

God bless the Modders that are doing this.
      Hmm, God bless the Modders... Don't for get the skinner! Well, here are some pics to whet your appetite:

TEH ARM COMMANDER:

The Arm Guardian

The Arm Construction Vehicle

Comment

Dont forget all the great custom units from TAUCP and the others! :up:

Comment

If this launches it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Wow. I knew the TA community was still alive (see planetannihilation.com) but I didn't realise so many UTers were also TA fans.

As for the TAUCP comment, I don't think we will include too many third party units, mostly due to time constraints. theres some odd 150 units in TA alone, now add CC.... yikes.

However, I am hopeing to make additional units fairly painless to add. (This mostly depends on James and Bjorn though)

Prod them about it

Comment

Arrg! The **** boats! The computer always slaughtered me if it was an ocean level! Bombing me when I couldn't even see them!

Anyways... awesome. Do a good job and whatnot.

Comment

that game used to be the ****, I actually made alot of my own units and stuff for the game also. My friend was also awsome at the game, I never beat him once at it

oh yeah, check out www.tauniverse.com if your interested also.....

Comment

I loved TA, pity there isn't a sequal.
                  One question.... How will you get enough players on each side? In big battles there were alot of units, there arn't that many players.

What will be the Max and Min for players?

Comment

YAY ! TA rocks !
                    When I bought it, I thought it woudn't be as good as AOE....but when I played it, was great

Comment

Most of the units will be AI controlled. We will also have to tweak the **** out of the replication, obviously. Players will have the ability to command units from the classic 'God' view, or get a first person view on the battle (Who trusts their peewee rush with 400 lines of Unreal Script? )

Comment

HOLY **** YES!!!!!!

TA FOREVER!

make it rock boys, make it rock :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Kaadu
                          I loved TA, pity there isn't a sequal.

I think it's being made IIRC

Comment

What was TA? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                              What was TA? :bulb:
                              Don't get out much? :P . Total Annihilation is an RTS (like Command & Conquer and Starcraft), that broke the bar when it comes to the number of different units (the game shipped with nearly 250 different units and structures). Also, it was completely customizable, as can be seen at http://www.planetannihilation.com. There are thousands of user-created units, along with the official CC pack that added another 50 units per side. So basically we are trying to recreate that mayhem with the UT2003 engine, adding the ability to directly control any unit from First Person view, and little tweaks and what not that we find will make the MOD that much more fun to play. Hope that helps.

James Kilton

Comment

Working...
                              X