X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Map #2!

And it's just as blocky as the first!

This was made out of boredom. So dont expect anything great from it

Might be worth the 400k download for a quick laugh, or something.

[screenshot]http://images.spambox.co.uk/will/stuff/bloxeh/pic.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://images.spambox.co.uk/will/stuff/bloxeh/pic2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://images.spambox.co.uk/will/stuff/bloxeh/pic3.jpg[/screenshot]

Download

:weird: :haha: :sour: :down:

Comment

EyeDacor instead of spamming and posting a useless post try giving him some feedback.

WMS- It does look blocky from the screens but maybe there is good gameplay. I'm downloading it now and I will provide some feedback in a little while.

Comment

Heh, one thing you can say about maps like this is that they're more or less guaranteed to run at 100+ fps What you should do is make a blocky map like this and concentrate on nothing but flow, connectivity, and general gameplay. Make it totally kick *** on the flow, then remake it with the same layout but obviously adding in the eye candy etc as you build I've made maps like that before, works really well - just having a basic layout is great for just running around in and 'feeling' the map. Eyecandy comes later.

Comment

Good advice....
          I have a sneaky suspicion that Epic do this too.

Comment

that might be because they said thats how they are making all the new maps in UT2k4....

Comment

Heh.

Now with extra blocks.

Got bored and edited it slightly.

Comment

OMG ITS AN EXTREMELY **** MIRROR

Comment

Wow. Way to **** there WMS. :haha::up:
                  It worked on me though.

Comment

What are you guys talking about? Looks like a standard playing map to me!
                    What? What do you mean this is the UT2003 forum? Arn't we in the UT forum???:weird:

Comment

You know what? I downloaded this map ( if you can call it that) and its not as bad as I thought and I have definately seen worse. From people deadly serious about there talent. Now hear me out. I dont think there is a single static mesh in there ( good or bad , take your pick) but it surprised me. This guy knows how to place blocking volumes, its original..albiet blocky, texture and create the illusion of more going on than there is, with the trim and stuff ( at least he can do vertex editing). Its not all bad, but it aint good. I say this though if its his first map, and I think it is then there is potential here. Say what you like, thats how I feel.
                      **** as he says. But **** with potential .

Show us more.....

Comment

just downloaded the map

and putting jokes aside, its better than CTF-Avaris and DM-Inferno by far

Comment

Add some more detailed lighting and static meshes and this could actually be a nice map. Got to work hard though. Keep it fun and interesting=win.

Comment

Working...
                          X