X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Available: Bandit from FF Movie

Hi All

DOWNLOAD:Bandit Beta Version HERE!!

This is a first attempt at bringing a vehicle into UT2K4. People always say you should never **** your first attempt, but what the heck!
    Based on the awesome Bandit from Final Fantasy:Spirits Within.

I am hoping to code 3 passengers to sit up front. Anyone know how to do this in script? Help would be appreciated.

http://freespace.virgin.net/l.mcfarland/bandit2.jpg
    shows scale
    http://freespace.virgin.net/l.mcfarland/bandit3.jpg
    rear view. weapon is not yet textured.

Please bare in mind that this is still a WIP and textures are not yet final.

Happy viewing. Comments welcome.
    Cheerz
    Uni

:up: better than mine:

www.thereisnovehiclethatimade.com

Comment

Even though I have never played FF, I still reckon this is a cool vehicle. Nice one :up:

Comment

Its not from a game, its from the movie. Also please dont put a minigun on it.

Comment

Looks pretty nice.. except the texture of course

Comment

weapon sug: Not a minigun but the weapon that i dont think has been used on a vehicle yet. Second fire can be ion-painer . and primary link gun fire the models great even thou i was dissapointed about the movie.

Comment

Are we talking FF=Final Fantasy? If so, I have it DVD, so I've seen it :noob: (it's CG, am I right?)

Comment

Yeah, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Withing, is a CG movie, that has only one thing in common with the games, cvan anyone guess it?

Also, the Colors on that thig aer all wrong, its tires are Black, the wheels themselves are a silver color(tarnished silver if im correct) and the body is a rusted black metal color, i know this for a fact because i just watched it today on Sci-Fi, also the Bandit is a fast vehicle, its speed is in between a Manta and a Scorpion, plus its as heavy as a Hellbender (compensates for its speed, so it can keep a fair blance when turning), and as for the Gun on the back, its a High-Density Plasma rifle, so give it the Link gun fire but much Stronger and a slower rate of fire(say about two thirds as fast a rate of fire to balance it out)

Other than that, its great, also, could you release a beta any time soon

Also, the other vehicle (the one they used in the impact crater) would own in this game, slap a turret on top, and make it have an Alt-Fire that is the same as the Ion
                Plasma tank, and you got yourself the start of a FF:TSW Vehicle pack.(all theats needed is that Dropship, and maybe, a custom wep (the rifles they used against the Phantoms, plus a Custom map, say.... the Impact crate/Access to Gaia, and you have an entire FF: TSW vehicle/mod pack)

Comment

I'm so glad to see a vehicle post that isn't someone's untextured model in 3ds max!

Your textures need more depth, particularily the wheels. Look at the hellbender wheels for an example. You've got some color but no depth in the tread. Also, dirty up/texture it more. The body is taking the right idea, but the hubs don't have any of that. Look at the goliath and see how they have paint peeled at the edges, etc. It will make your model look 100% better, trust me.

Comment

looks pretty good. Keep working on it. Seems to be one of the more better looking vehicles.

Comment

Yeah, looks sweet. About the texture though, i dont think Uni has finished texturing it, i think what he has on at the moment is a base texture just to show the shape and parts of the vehicle.

Comment

They used to have some still shots of the vehicle on the movie website, but I believe that site has gone away well after the movie came out.

Try looking around some fan sites for stills, cause the texture colors look a little off.

Comment

Ok, i just watced it again today, and so far all the details are very close, just make it a good texture(the colors and so are in my previous post) and it will looke great.

Sigma-X: I dont know if you already know this, but the Treads on the Hellbender are just textured on (i think it was done that way to reduce polys), so his tires are fine.

Well, just use the colors i mentioned for the textures and you should be just fine. Also, maybe it would be possible for someone to make a Phantom Model, and/or skin, Both their Etheral forms and their Physical forms, that would rock

Keep up the good work

Alsio, its just a fun little chant

Beta, Beta, Beta!We want a Beta, Beta, Beta!......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbob666
                            Its not from a game, its from the movie. Also please dont put a minigun on it.
                            ya i would like to see somthin different, like a link gun or somthin. every vehicle gun usually is the laser from the hellbender or the minigun :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BassGsSpDeluxe
                              Yeah, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Withing, is a CG movie, that has only one thing in common with the games, cvan anyone guess it?
                              There is a Cid in the film.

Comment

Working...
                              X