CTF-Debris - REVISION NOW UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost-Ryder1
    How come you can't walk on top the middle.
    You need to raise the ceiling a little.
    i cant believe i forgot to mention this, this bothered me alot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost-Ryder1
      How come you can't walk on top the middle.
      You need to raise the ceiling a little.
      Heh, I was kinda scared someone would mention this. In order to allow upper access to the roof and higher area parts of the map, I will have to completely change the border around the map and add to the existing roof. Not that its a problem, but it will add more polys to the map, which as it is now the map already has enough. I will have to experiment with a few things and see if I could come up with something, but I'll try to open up the upper section.

Comment

thanks

Comment

http://www.deepwatercanvas.com/UT/CTF-DebrisV2.zip

Revision uploaded... this is definitely the final. All the upper sections are accessible but the roof of the buildings is not meant for gameplay. I optimized as much as I seen possible. Have fun!

Comment

Yeah and you call yourself a mapper in 'training'?
            Get rid of that training sentence, this map is really a very nice map with a good atmosphere.
            I like it and I hope I will see on the servers one day.

Comment

Updated my thread to reflect the fact you'd updated the map EB.

Dare I admit to this.... this is the first map where I've actually been beaten by a team of masterful bots in a game of iCTF. I was practicing mid-field defense and they were all over me like a rash. Still I did end up with a score of 127 to the highest bot score of 63 so I don't suppose I did to bad.

Course the next game I played flag-runner and it was over in about two minutes flat with me getting all three captures and only managing a score of 68 to the bots highest of 24.

But still much fun was had so thank-you for the time and effort you put into this and for deciding not to scrap it.

Fora.

Comment

good job, now i'll wait for your next map

Comment

Originally posted by Foralarx
                  Updated my thread to reflect the fact you'd updated the map EB.

Dare I admit to this.... this is the first map where I've actually been beaten by a team of masterful bots in a game of iCTF. I was practicing mid-field defense and they were all over me like a rash. Still I did end up with a score of 127 to the highest bot score of 63 so I don't suppose I did to bad.

Course the next game I played flag-runner and it was over in about two minutes flat with me getting all three captures and only managing a score of 68 to the bots highest of 24.

But still much fun was had so thank-you for the time and effort you put into this and for deciding not to scrap it.

Fora.
                  I'm happy to see you saw this as a good IG CTF map as I did! I haven't played the revision yet, but will later on today (in Los Angeles, so I still have plenty of time!).

Comment

Originally posted by The Warden
                    I'm happy to see you saw this as a good IG CTF map as I did! I haven't played the revision yet, but will later on today (in Los Angeles, so I still have plenty of time!).
                    Yeah no doubt about it, it's def. fun for that. If there's one thing I like it's a CTF map where I can just jump in regardless of whether it's NW or Insta and feel prefectly at home with it. This map certainly falls into that catergory. Have fun in the city of Angels. Wish I was there

Fora.

Comment

Very nice map. :up:
                      Five stars.

Comment

Working...
                      X