CTF-Debris - REVISION NOW UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Debris - REVISION NOW UP

Nothing new, nothing special... just another industrial themed CTF map. I was about to scrap this map but thought it might be fun with a low player count.. so I finished it off. Its not perfectly symetrical, but it is pretty balanced. Each team has a fair amount of advantages and disadvantages. Pretty small and made for fast paced CTF games.

http://www.deepwatercanvas.com/UT/CTF-DebrisV2.zip

Whoa man, this map looks and plays very well. (y)

Visually, its nothing new like you said, but it looks great with what you've put together. I like the mix of junkyard and industrial, goes well together.

Gameplay wise, its fast-paced and very fun. Not cramped at all, and you dont get stuck on anything really. (y)

Keep up the good work, hoping to see more maps by you.

Comment

Re: CTF-Debris

Originally posted by Enigmabyte
      I was about to scrap this map
      OMG I'm so glad you didn't cause this is a very nice piece of work. In fact I'm gonna stick it in my list of keeper's thread and give a Fora's pick award. Link in my sig.

Fora.

Comment

Looks SWEET, send this to CliffyB, possible Ownage here.

Comment

Whoa thanks... I didn't think I'd get much praise for this one. Guess I'm too critical of my own work... maybe I'll dig up the other four or so maps I've scraped.

Thanks Foralarx... now thats two on your list including GardenOfStone

Ownage from Cliffy... I doubt it... but thanks!

Comment

Nice map man, I like it!

However, did you forget to optimize it? I'm running a Radeon 9700, tell me what's wrong with the first image?

[screenshot]http://sparky.beyondunreal.com/news_images/deb1.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://sparky.beyondunreal.com/news_images/deb2.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

huh, me downloads. hey cool, i really like the layout, and did you do some custum static mesh work? that stuff looks really nice. im kinda hopeing you'll do a rev and fix it up until its ownage material, i think it could get there

Comment

yes, a little optimization, and a simple plane under the rocks that are viewable though the windows in the flag room.

truth to tell, I didn't even relize it wasn't optimized, ran great. only thing I saw was there was no ground under those rocks...

either way, I love this map!

Comment

this isnt optimized :bulb: , yeah i also saw that, in the flag room, the orange,,

Comment

In the fist pic in the original post I can see one thing that does not fit at all.

Those blue arrow and trimlights on an old factory building.

Comment

actually i thought it was cool as hell, it provided really nice and refreshing contrast imo,

Comment

I tried to download the mpa but the zip file was corrupt, i'ii try again.

As for the industrial setting i think its **** cool, i can't get enough of industrial maps, but the dm-asbestos style is starting to wear thin. I guess the industrial style reminds me of the good old ut days.
                        Its a nice concept and i can't wait to download this map, have you done some optmizming as the screens that sparky has post the FPS are looking pretty poor

I'ii download and give you more feedback

MsM:up:

Comment

ZIP NO GOOd

The zip file is corrupted please FIX

-CVROY
                          Ut2003 Wicked Game Server
                          http://wgs.ut2003files.com

Comment

The zip file seemed to work fine for me. I zipped it using WinRAR so it may have caused some problems for some of you... but I just uploaded a new file zipped with WinZip. Same link...

As for optimization, I did zone off every room possible and added several anti portals. I have a Athlon XP2000 with a 9700pro and at 1280x1024x32bit, all highest detail, the lowest I drop is 60fps... weird. I'll take a look at more optimization options and see what I could do.

And for the plane under the rocks... is that where if you look down from the window you could see the orange through the rocks? That was something I completely forgot... I will be putting up another version soon.

Thanks all for the feedback and comments!

Comment

How come you can't walk on top the middle.
                              You need to raise the ceiling a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X