Sneek Peek of next model- Sweet Tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneek Peek of next model- Sweet Tooth

Did this as a favor for someone who requested this player model, so don't get pissy becuase of his muscular body(http://evilengine.ut2003files.com/st...sweettooth.jpg)... as there is a fatty version of this guy as well from Twisted Metal: Black.
    Did it in 24 hours(modeling and texturing), one of the fastest projects I've done. I should have a beta sample available by tommorow morning, as I have to finish up the voice pack and I need some sleep. And yes thats fire coming out of his head, just a special species file I whipped up for him to get that flame effect I needed. Enjoy the screenies.

Hairy chest remind me of countrymen from my homeland. I fled on foot when my land was bombed and took air taxi to neighboring country and there I played great game Unreal Tournament 2003! Face also remind me of mother who died ten years ago. Only time she smiled is when she beat me with metal bar from door. It was happy.

Comment

w00t, nice!!!!

i go download it when its out...

Comment

Looks pretty good. You should bear in mind that having a custom species will cause you character to break on-line. Simpy having it installed is liable to cause 'incompatible game files' messages (typing 'obj garbage' at the console often fixes that temporarily, as long as you aren't trying to use the character on a server that doesn't have it installed).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
          Looks pretty good. You should bear in mind that having a custom species will cause you character to break on-line. Simpy having it installed is liable to cause 'incompatible game files' messages (typing 'obj garbage' at the console often fixes that temporarily, as long as you aren't trying to use the character on a server that doesn't have it installed).
          After all the problems it's caused, I'm hoping they'll drop the species idea for UT2004 - it's a nice excercise in encapsulation but it has too many limitations. However, the question is whether all the options for a model could be made available without using a .u file, since UTSecure is likely to be just as fussy about model scripts as it is about species scripts.

In any case, from the look of the new models in UT2004, all neatly divided into teams, it looks as though the species is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
            Oh I am well aware of this first hand with my other models with custom species, the incompatibility issues really bums me out about making content for this game as people always end up deleting the .u files. I may experiment and compile the .u within the .ukx, as this has proven to work somewhat online, but that may just turn out to consume more time than I wanted on this model.
            Anyways, I'd like to keep the fire effect as this distinguishes this character from others.

*Maybe Mysterial has some secrets at the EPIC headquarters for us to get species to work 100% of the time without errors? *

Comment

OK its ready for download. Please read the README carefully, as well as the instructions txt in the ALT directory if you plan to use this model online.
              Anyways, this model wasn't made to win any contests, just something different to play with. Since it uses a species file for the effects, this model works best in Instant Action. If you want to play online, maybe another model would be a better choice for you(like a nice JUGG model or something).
              Doesn't contain the normal teamskins as some models are known for, it uses red and blue flames for this, so the game will not autochange the skins. You will have to manually select the red and blue models for your team games.Screenshot is at the top of the thread.
              Anyways heres the link for download:
              http://evilengine.apokalyptik.com/sp...SweetTooth.zip

Comment

Hey EvilEngine great job on that moddel :up:

I have a request for a model he's (also) from Twisted Metal: Black

here's a pic

Comment

Pfft!

Ta heck with that! I want to see some KISS models done by someone. Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and most definately ACE FREHLEY (all with full makeup, circa 76'-78') Now, that would be KEWL! :up:

And no, I'm not that old, was only in grade school during the years mentioned above (first grade in 76') lol! Old Timers, sheesh!:bulb:

Comment

I like...

How 'bout a Wendy Whoppers model with her larger than life boobs.

Comment

help evil, i cant get the fiery hair, altho i'm only using the original files and not the alternate species file and i'm playing instant action... :cry:
                      /me wants fiery haired evil clown !

Comment

Originally posted by The_Getaway
                        help evil, i cant get the fiery hair, altho i'm only using the original files and not the alternate species file and i'm playing instant action... :cry:
                        /me wants fiery haired evil clown !
                        Well, I tried to explain everything in detail in the readme and the instructions.txt. But let me try to help. Make sure you properly extracted all the files to your directories in UT2003. If your viewing this model from the 3D preview window or UnrealED you will not see any fire becuase these preview windows don't show emitters which the fire is comprised of. You have to be in the game to see the fire. Load up instant action, add about 3 SweetTooths in the custom bot config, and if you want choose him for your player model. While in the game you will see all the bots with fire on thier head, and in behindview 1 you will see it on your head as well. You will also hear a crackling sound, thats your head burning.

Comment

thx evil ! great model as always, especially when it works correct !
                          and thx for the help, too
                          whats your next plan for a model ? any chance of seeing link form the legend of zelda like someone asked ? anyway i'll still download your next model, whatever it is, lol
                          keep up the good (great) work evil !

Comment

Try doing your next model of a Dachshund. That would be the shiznitz. I doubt anyone could pull that off though. Too tough with the floppy ears and all.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainZap
                              Try doing your next model of a Dachshund. That would be the shiznitz. I doubt anyone could pull that off though. Too tough with the floppy ears and all.
                              [sarcasm]
                              Why don't I do a fish, or a animated bee? Dogs have no place in UT2003.
                              [/sarcasm]

Comment

Working...
                              X