mutator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mutator help

hey i am a little perplexed here. i have been playing online and i see this mutator called ballbreaker out there. it gives you this modified shock rifle except it shots what to me appears to be a high powered link charge. i want to find this mutator so i can have it for my instant plays at home when i practice but i am not having any luck. if anyone knows where i can get it please let me know!!! thanks

If you have played online recently with this mutator, then it will still be in your cache folder. All you need is to install a cache proggie for UT2003 and you should be able to find the mutator with it and install it from there.

For the cache converter tool, download it from this thread

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=312689

Comment

You can't get muts from your cache. You won't get an int file.

Comment

Originally posted by §uper-]V[oose
        You can't get muts from your cache. You won't get an int file.
        You can make your own int file. You need package name and mutator class name.

Package name is easy, as it's just the real name of the file extracted from the cache, e.g 'SomePackage.u', without the '.u'. The Mutator class name can be gleaned from the server browser: If you select a server running the mutator, in the information box in the lower left where the mutator list is, it will say something like 'MutSomeMutator'. Now just put copy the format of an existing mutator's int file, inserting the new mutator's information, like this:

Code:
        [Public]
        Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Name=SomePackage.MutSomeMutator,Description="Mutator ripped from cache!")

Comment

thanks i understand most of what you guys said. i understand the part about the cache files and stuff. what i didnt understand was the part about the int file. mostly the package name and mutator class and then the part about the code at the bottom. i am little confused

Comment

Originally posted by Devils_evo7
            thanks i understand most of what you guys said. i understand the part about the cache files and stuff. what i didnt understand was the part about the int file. mostly the package name and mutator class and then the part about the code at the bottom. i am little confused
            hehe you're not the only one either

I haven't a clue about that int stuff either

Comment

Originally posted by Devils_evo7
              Create a file with an .int extension (using Notepad, or your favourite plain text editor) with the same name as the mutator's package, e.g. if you take a file called 'SomeMutator.u' from the cache, make an int file called 'SomeMutator.int'. In that file, copy + paste the two lines that I posted above, replacing 'SomePackage' with the mutator's package name, and 'MutSomeMutator' with the name of the mutator as it appears in the server browser (you can also see it by pressing F2 whilst playing on the server). Put the int file in your UT2003\System directory along with the mutator's .u file. The mutator should now show up in the mutator list for you to use.

Comment

ok so far i have it but what do i do with the ballbreaker.u file? does it go in the system file?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                  X