Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Coret Classic final final beta - updated 28/04/04

Edited 28/04/04

Due to me changing a few things and trying to get a few more FPS out of the map, I have decided to give it one final beta.

Now there is a new ceiling in the flag room
    Central energy field has changed
    Screenshots have changed ingame
    Lots of optimizing - Most important that this is tested.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~redd...iclastbeta.zip

Hopefully if alls well, I will release this weekend.

Thanks again and sorry for the extra release. Got to be sure we have got all the bugs

Renamed Coret2k4 to classic now to follow suit of Teddie and Fordys maps.

So, finally after nearly 2 years, this is the final beta that I will release. There are a few more things I would have liked to have done to the map but due to lack of time that I have to map I have decided enough is enough.

I thought I would release it before UT2K4 interest faded away. It seems the initial interest has wore off now as more and more players start to migrate back to other games

The map should have all bugs fixed but if you do see any I would appreciate feedback so I can fix for the release.

The release will be in a week from now all being well.

Just a thank you to everyone who has helped in one way or another on the map.

Grab the last beta http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~redd...%20classic.zip

There are no longer texture and static mesh packages as they are embedded within the map now. There is the original music for Coret though so just place that in your music folder.

Cheers.

[screenshot]http://www.reddwarf.f9.co.uk/menuselections/games/utpage/ut2003/maps/ctf/ctf-coret2k3/images/coret25.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.reddwarf.f9.co.uk/menuselections/games/utpage/ut2003/maps/ctf/ctf-coret2k3/images/coret23.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.reddwarf.f9.co.uk/menuselections/games/utpage/ut2003/maps/ctf/ctf-coret2k3/images/coret19.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.reddwarf.f9.co.uk/menuselections/games/utpage/ut2003/maps/ctf/ctf-coret2k3/images/coret7.jpg[/screenshot]

Hi R.D you have been working on this so long now I bet you are sick of it.
    Good thing is though the rest of us can benefit from a truly excellent remake thats packed to the gills with detail and reeks of quality.

My hats off to you

Post some screens though mate..

Comment

Re: CTF-Coret Classic final beta

Originally posted by Red_dwarf
      There is the original music for Coret though so just place that in your music folder.

Cheers.
      :up: :up: :up: :up: Very nice map, will download, like I did with the rest of the beta's =)

one question though, I seem to be unable to get the music to work in my UT2004/Custom/Music folder... is there anything I can do about that?

//edit
      I just ran through it in a botmatch and all the previous problems seem to have disappeared Only thing I noticed was that the level preview is missing. The old music really brings something extra to the map

oh and btw, you might want to change the "please delete me" icon into the map-ctf icon, would be a shame to get this thread delete because of that !

Very nice work on the map Red DwarF!

Comment

Downloading Now :up:

Thx for all the hard work that you put in this map, Congrats mate :up:

Comment

Excellent work.

Comment

Cheers.

No more bugs then?

Comment

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2592 MHz with 767MB RAM
              Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (5664)

Bad name index -4246/287

History: ULinkerLoad<<FName <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 32760)) <- TagName <- FPropertyTag<< <- (After SurfaceType) <- LoadStream <- (Count 0) <- UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties <- (None[-1]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (Model cp_Mechstaticpack1.Walls.Model61) <- UPrimitive::Serialize <- UModel::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Model cp_Mechstaticpack1.Walls.Model61 32760==32760/7225488 32758 2246) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel CTF-Coret Classic Beta3) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

:cry: :cry: :cry:

not your falt though... about 5 percent of the official maps crash with the same error for me

Comment

Originally posted by Red_dwarf
                Cheers.

No more bugs then?
                I haven’t noticed anything wrong so far.

Comment

Originally posted by commander_keen2
                  UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2592 MHz with 767MB RAM
                  Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (5664)

Bad name index -4246/287

History: ULinkerLoad<<FName <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 32760)) <- TagName <- FPropertyTag<< <- (After SurfaceType) <- LoadStream <- (Count 0) <- UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties <- (None[-1]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (Model cp_Mechstaticpack1.Walls.Model61) <- UPrimitive::Serialize <- UModel::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Model cp_Mechstaticpack1.Walls.Model61 32760==32760/7225488 32758 2246) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel CTF-Coret Classic Beta3) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

:cry: :cry: :cry:

not your falt though... about 5 percent of the official maps crash with the same error for me
                  Are you playing with any mutators?
                  if so, which ones?

Also check if you have the latest video card drivers.
                  i hope this helps

Comment

Looks more'n slightly beautiful. To be DLed as soon as I return home.

Comment

Mmmmmm....remake. Very nice map. Imma downloaded and enjoyin' it. Good work.

But what do you mean by initial interest has worn off? I mean, a few people who just pick up games for a month then let them go have left, but the UT series has one of the biggest and most dedicated fanbases out there. To me, that's what makes mapping so great since so many people have a chance to get your work and enjoy it.

Comment

:up: This version runs like a dream. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Yodzilla
                          But what do you mean by initial interest has worn off? I mean, a few people who just pick up games for a month then let them go have left, but the UT series has one of the biggest and most dedicated fanbases out there. To me, that's what makes mapping so great since so many people have a chance to get your work and enjoy it.
                          I just saw the stats on gamespy. Also trying to find forums that are populated by a few people other than here is hard for the UT2k4 scene

Maybe just me.

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberChrist
                            I haven’t noticed anything wrong so far.
                            am I the only one with a missing level preview in the maplist menu then? :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by F3nyx
                              Looks more'n slightly beautiful. To be DLed as soon as I return home.
                              Agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X