Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[SERVICE]Static Mesh Database[BETA]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SERVICE]Static Mesh Database[BETA]

Hey! I finally started working on a Static Mesh Database with Pictures! I find a lot of times i'm not sure what package has what mesh or what type of mesh so I end up wasting lots of time looking around all the mesh files. So I decided to make a database! I have not made a design yet for the database right now its just simple text pretty much. Right now I am looking for feedback... I mean should I continue and finish this Database? Ok less yapping, heres the link of the currently uploaded stuff:

http://zyz.fasthost.tv

The current host is just temporary... So tell me what you think and tell me if you think I should continue

I appreciate it.

I give thumbs up and ask that you finish it.

Comment

YES YES YES YES.....Oh please dont stop

Wulf Sternhammer

Comment

YES, by all means.....keep going!

Comment

3 replies? thats not that big of a motivation...

Comment

ah that static mesh browser just s*x!

nice idea, keep working!
            (pictures should be brighter, i think)

Comment

the abaddon stuff is pretty dark, i'm working on the next set right now.

Comment

Re: [SERVICE]Static Mesh Database[BETA]

Originally posted by Zyz
                http://zyz.fasthost.tv
                Link doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyz
                  the abaddon stuff is pretty dark, i'm working on the next set right now.
                  Wouldn't it be 'easier' if you made a map to show these meshes ?
                  Then you could set lights & background to make any mesh stand out from the background.

Comment

Super Idea , keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by communist
                      Link doesnt work.
                      Yep it does.

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                      Wouldn't it be 'easier' if you made a map to show these meshes ?
                      Then you could set lights & background to make any mesh stand out from the background.
                      Agh no, that would take so much editing of screenshots, i'm lazy!

Originally posted by DukeMaster
                      Super Idea , keep us posted
                      Thx Almost finished the second set

Comment

recently, ive started makign my own statics, and dont plan on using many of the packaged statics very often.. but its still an awsome idea, and its very much apreciated!

Comment

I find it very useful Zyz........good job man!

Keep up the great work!

Btw, I think it would be a good idea to move your database to an Unreal hosted site.

Comment

I think it may also be useful (although possibly quite tedious) to set the database up by mesh type instead of by package. This way when you need to get a light, you just click on the light link and all the different light syles come up and the package and filename are listed on the image, something like that.

Also, if anyone out there has any knowledge of true databasing it may help out ZYZ instead of having to build each page with html. Unless that is how he has already set it up, but it looks like straight html. A database would be a much easier configuration to work with. Just build a big database of the information and characteristics of each individual mesh and then can create a search engine to find the exact piece you are looking for, or at least narrow it down.

For example: You can break the meshes down by type (beam, floor, light, etc), style (metal, rusted metal, wood, etc), genre (goth, medievil, sci-fi, etc) and on and on.

I know it is possible to do all this via database construction. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it, so maybe there is someone out there that would volunteer, or maybe show zyz.

Comment

Great idea Zyz, I'm sure it'll be extremely helpful to mappers. I'm always batteling to find the right meshes .

Anyway, I run an Unreal site at http://www.unrealza.co.za/ - South Africa's only Unreal site. It has full scripting and database support, so if I were to create you a page and web-based admin interface (easily add/manage packages, groups and the images) would you be interested in maintaining it? It would then be searchable and easily browsable as suggested by jsheinz above.

Regardless, keep it up, it'll be a really great resource once it's finished

Comment

Working...
                              X