No announcement yet.

UT2Vote40 Beta Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think I've got it working good now, I have set the command line in the GameTypes area and added the Mutators I wanted to load with that gametype in there. I downloaded GameMake2 to create the cloned game types. I don't really like having to make custom game types just to have two of the same game with different config strings. Is there a way to do that without making a cloned gametype?

I have a question though, when a user votes for a mutator they can only pick one, if they vote for another mutator after that does it cancel the first one or do they both go on? And if they both go on can you put in a vote to remove a mutator? or change it so they can vote for more than one (or a mutator set/string).

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt
      Well I think I've got it working good now, I have set the command line in the GameTypes area and added the Mutators I wanted to load with that gametype in there. I downloaded GameMake2 to create the cloned game types. I don't really like having to make custom game types just to have two of the same game with different config strings. Is there a way to do that without making a cloned gametype?

I have a question though, when a user votes for a mutator they can only pick one, if they vote for another mutator after that does it cancel the first one or do they both go on? And if they both go on can you put in a vote to remove a mutator? or change it so they can vote for more than one (or a mutator set/string).
      Let me see what answers I can get up for ya.

The cloned games are necessary because you are voting for a gameclass. It must be unique and what that, it is allowed to have its own unique settings/maplists/etc. If you attempt to use the same gameclass twice in the config, anytime that gameclass is voted up, it will lookup the first instance of the gameclass and use that config line.

Mutator votes. Yes, you can only pick one at a time, with majority deciding to allow the mute to be added to the game. Multiple mutes can be added, and also there is only a provision to vote to remove all at once. Not individually.

Comment

Ya I see your point, I was playing around with it and see that it's voting on the class. I've think I've seen some code where you can have the gameclass files in the ini file be read into an array and have the people vote on an array number (0-?) which corresponds to the array element that has the config strings you want to use. So instead of voting on the gameclass you vote on a number that links to an array that holds the gameclass config lines from the ini file.

I think the default ut2004 voting system uses a number as a pointer to an array so they can have duplicate gameclasses with different configs.

I dunno, I like voting for mutators and gametypes, it does work now but it would take a lot of voting to change a few mutators. Would be cool to be able to have users make a game from the ground up and then vote to play it. But until then I'll settle for texteditor and admin mode

Comment

use the clansetup, and they can do it

btw, an admin can vote more than one mutators at a time too

it would be too much of voting, if person a votes for mutator a,b,c and f, person b votes on a,c,d person c votes on f only etc, that would cause more problems than help...

we discussed this point as we were at 1.6 or 1.7 i guess...

Comment

Also, if you're finding that you're setting several mutes for a given gametype, just make a custom gametype that includes all those mutes by default.. Vote for that gametype and you're set.

Comment

im not being funny or anything, but UT2004 has all of these features in already (Match Setup hopefully will be in the next patch)

looks good tho

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
                im not being funny or anything, but UT2004 has all of these features in already (Match Setup hopefully will be in the next patch)

looks good tho
                Thanx, and well.. naturally. The best community ideas are always copied. We're dug into the code a little and see evidence that more ideas than just the clanmatch was adopted. How much more, we'll have to see with coming patches.

Comment

Can I just say that this is totally and absoluely the best mute for UT3004 bar none, but the name completly sux, it should be something like 'UT Remote admin' +extended vote.

In built Webserver admin suxooors compared to this.

Hope you manage to find the web admin mutator config hooks, being able to config mutators properly would make UT webadmin obsolete.

and you can quote me on that.

Comment

There's a thought, but not sure how deep we would want to try and integrate to the web interface when it seems a little redundant. The reverse might be attractive though - web admin some UT2Vote functions.. Not likely though.

Suggestions and ideas for improvements are always encouraged and welcomed!

If there's some kind of admin feature that we can fit in, let us know. When you do, we ask that you keep in mind that the aim of UT2Vote is to stay as generic as possible, avoiding getting specialized. Attempting to add exceptions and extra code on a per-mod basis isn't really a position we can work from and will defeat our goal of providing a good useful tool to all admins. This doesn't mean that we don't want to hear ideas that don't fit the bill - on the contrary.. brainstorming is great for projects such as this. Share anything you'd like with us, who knows where it may lead to?

Stay tuned! We're on beta4 and getting closer to release by the day!

Comment

Hi, I run a server with ut2vote51 on it. So far we have figured out how to use gamemake and setup custom maplists for the default gametypes. E.G. Standard Assault, Assault Races, and Assault Trials. The problem I am having is trying to get my server to start with assault trials as my default gametype with ut2vote active on restart. Is the possible? I assume that this requires command line modification, I'm just not sure how to string it. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated. :heart:

Currently if the server restarts it defaults to ONS, with a DM maplist, you have to vote one of the dm maps, to trigger on the mutator, at which point you are disconnected when that game loads because ut2vote kicks ya out for some reason when it triggers on. Then you can go to the browser and load into the server with u2vote enabled, and then vote and load yet again to get into the desired gametype. It really is quite annoying to have to do that every time I modify my maplists. :cry: I've about pulled my hair out several times now, and I am sleepy by the time all that loading is done. :bulb:

spider@icustom.net
                      Http://am2.icustom.net
                      ut2004://66.148.85.119:7777

Comment

Whoa.. wish I could move this post to the admin forum, but hell, I'll join ya in some thread necromancy. You'd get more eyes on this problem if you post a reply in the serveradmin subforum.

Starting the server with the gametype/map of your choosing is done from the commandline -- you are correct.
                        To do that, just replace the gametype in the current commandline with the gameclass of the gametype you want to run instead. Be sure to specify the map you want to start with as well.

Additionally, you need to specify that gametype in UT2Vote as the default gametype. You can do that via gui or editing the ini.

Maplists: yes, they are a PITA, but it gives you the absolute control you want.

Finally, is ut2vote NOT in the current commandline already? If it is, there's no reason you should all be disconnected -- it would be a routine map/gamechange.

Comment

Nope, the current command line is the default AOWC ONS-Torlan with no mutators. I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum, I found this thread via google.

And the pain is not the maplists its the having to wait for an ons game to load then a dm, then vote into assault trials, to be disconnected halfway through load, and then finally be able to load in to the desired gametype/map.

Comment

No worries about the thread. Good thing I was still subscribed to it, I never would have seen your post in here.

Now, first thing to do is alter that commandline to include UT2Vote on it. Be sure to have the serverpackage line for UT2Vote in your server's ini as well. That, along with the above suggested changes, and you should be all set!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                              X