Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No remote control :down: :sour:

Comment

OK, something screwy is going on now... I've installed the latest version (CL5), set the number of items to rotate as 6, gone into the game and now Alt-fire doesn't work. I can't scroll through the vehicles. What I am doing wrong? This worked before!

EDIT: Also on the webadmin, the item to select how many vehicles in rotation is only a single digit so you can't select 10

Comment

You use Q to cycle through the vehicles, BEFORE firing the translocator thingy.

Comment

Tried that. It beeped, didn't display the name at the top and when I did fire it, shot out the first thing on the list...

Comment

**** **** **** **** ****!

Ah! This worked before, why doesn't it work now? Stupid replication...

Comment

i too can't use anything apart from slot 1

also, do you think you could hide the HUD when in a spacecraft. that way the normal HUD and the spacecraft HUD won't overlap...

Comment

worked perfectly for me, though my game crashed repeatedly, and the ion cannon was half sunken into the ground. I don't think the other mutators caused the probs, most were the base mutators that come with UT2K4. The only other one was UT2K4 RPG. I don't think I experienced any crashes while playing onslaught though. Most were in invasion and asault

Comment

worked perfectly for me too

I think some othere Mutators can not use same time :bulb:
                  here is list of Mutators all I useing
                  Aerial view
                  Car Launcher
                  DiamaxSRRifle
                  Game Speed
                  Gib Life
                  Slow Motion Corpses
                  Super Berserk
                  Team Rader

it all working fine same time

Comment

Phew! At least it's not just me!

Roll on CL6...

Oh btw. As I tried to find out if it was me or not, I used this mod by itself, so it's not a case of other mods causing this, also I uninstalled all previous versions before installing this version and deleted the CL5b1.MutCarLaunch settings in the UT2004.ini file.

I've been meaning to ask. What does the Improved Vehicle Arena mod do?

Comment

Server Troubles

Ok, I got CL5 installed and running on my non-dedicated server. I added ServerPackages=CL5 to my UT2004.ini file.

CL5 works great from my machine, the problem im running into is when another player connects from a different box. The download works fine but once the player is in the game they can switch to the translocator that spawns the vehicles but are unable to switch between the different vehicle types to spawn. So basically all they are able to do is spawn selection 1.

For my dedicated server using ?mutator=CL5.MutCarLaunch in the startup, and ServerPackages=CL5 in the server.ini I get the following error on server startup-

------------------------------------------------
                      Loading Game Types
                      No description configured for property 'bInfiniteAmmo'
                      No description configured for property 'lastVehicle'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameOne'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameTwo'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameThree'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameFour'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameFive'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameSix'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameSeven'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameEight'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameNine'
                      No description configured for property 'vehicleClassNameTen'
                      No description configured for property 'bAutoEnterSpace'
                      No description configured for property 'bAutoEnterTurret'
                      No description configured for property 'bAutoEnterAll'
                      No description configured for property 'bCanLeaveSpace'
                      No description configured for property 'startingAmmo'
                      No description configured for property 'killsPerCar'
                      ------------------------------------------------

And anyone that joins the game ends up with the same problem that I had on my non-dedicated setup.

I tried fixing this by adding the-
                      [CL5.MutCarLaunch]
                      startingAmmo=5
                      killsPerCar=1
                      bAutoEnterSpace=True
                      (and the rest)
                      from my UT2004.ini to the server.ini file but still ended up with the same error and problem.

Anyone ideas?

Comment

I get all those when I boot up my dedicated server too. I think it's because I have webadmin installed.

In WebAdmin, if you hover over the name of the settings you get a popup description of what that setting will do. I think that when you have WebAdmin enabled, on boot up it tries to create the web pages, but since no description has been created for the mod settings, you get the error.

I'm more worried about the thousands of entries that appear when you drop a sentinal...

Comment

Enough whining

All that whining and I forgot to tell Dezro that I absolutley love the mod. I honestly diddn't think it would include that many vehicles.

And for everyone else, nothing says lovin like spawning an Ion Tank 10ft over your friends head.

Comment

Early

Heh, Meavocks I diddn't think anyone else was up my time of the morning. Thanks for the tip on web admin, I have mine turned on as well, I'll have to switch it off and see if that goes away. Im pretty sure the problem that im having with vechicle selection is because that for some reason or another the vehicleClassNameOne= and the other variables arn't being passed to the clients. So when they try and switch to spawn another vechicle the mod doesnt know whats next.
                            Im sure Dezro will tweak the mod to perfection though.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyct
                              ...nothing says lovin like spawning an Ion Tank 10ft over your friends head.
                              :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Make sure team damage is on though!

This mod (when it works ) really is fantastic. I love being able to hide behind a rock, chuck a couple of sentries over to the enemy node, wait a couple of secs and jump in. It's great!

It's only unfair when your enemy can't do the same....

Comment

Re: Early

Originally posted by anthonyct
                                Heh, Meavocks I diddn't think anyone else was up my time of the morning. Thanks for the tip on web admin, I have mine turned on as well, I'll have to switch it off and see if that goes away. Im pretty sure the problem that im having with vechicle selection is because that for some reason or another the vehicleClassNameOne= and the other variables arn't being passed to the clients. So when they try and switch to spawn another vechicle the mod doesnt know whats next.
                                Im sure Dezro will tweak the mod to perfection though.
                                Sorry to disappoint, I'm here in the UK. It's 12:30pm. Lunch time at work...

Comment

Working...
                                X