Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UPDATED! WIMMY WHAM WHAM WOZZLE!] CL5.4 - Vehicles Everywhere

UPDATED TO VERSION 5.4! %400 MORE ROCK!

For those who don't know, CarLauncher (CL5) is a mutator that introduces a modification of the Translocator. It lets ANY player ride ANY vehicle that has been registered with UT2004's cache system in ANY map on ANY gametype. Neat, eh?

If you are making a vehicle and want to use it with CL5, run the following in a commandline in UT2004/System:
    ucc exportcache Foo.u
    Where Foo.u is the name of the package that has the vehicle's code. For more info about exportcache, read the comments in the source to Object/Actor/Info/Mutator.

So. newNewNEwNEW version. Download. Read the readme.

http://homepage.mac.com/dezro/CL5.zip

OMG, I just gotta add this to my Ut2004 Downloads page on my website, do you mind if I link to it? IF so, what do you want me to say for a description of it?

Comment

This has already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by fairport
        This has already been done.
        This is the same guy; just a new version.

Comment

Wicked.

Comment

jaybud: Sure, you can link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocidal
              This is the same guy; just a new version.
              Yeah, I just relized that.

Comment

this has been bugging me since the first release... the sentinels dont work in invasion.. they dont target the monsters, and kinda ruins the fun... anyway you could fix this?

Comment

Found a possible bug

Running a TDM and abusing some bots, at the end of the round, players dont freeze like they normally should.

Just kept running around shooting in god mode.

Edit:

may also want to keep an eye on your log file:

Warning: ASSentinelController DM-Gael.ASSentinelController (Function UnrealGame.TurretController.Searching.ScanRotation :028B) Accessed None 'Pawn'
                  Warning: ASSentinelController DM-Gael.ASSentinelController (State UT2k4Assault.ASSentinelController.Searching:0047) Accessed None 'Pawn'
                  Warning: ASSentinelController DM-Gael.ASSentinelController (State UT2k4Assault.ASSentinelController.Closing:0050) Accessed None 'Pawn'
                  Warning: ASSentinelController DM-Gael.ASSentinelController (Function UT2k4Assault.ASSentinelController.Sleeping.ScanRot ation:004B) Accessed None 'Pawn'

Comment

monastat: Does the level change alright? As for the log, you'll see that if you use any link turrets or sentinels. See, the sentinel's controllers aren't getting destroyed. I haven't noticed any slowdown, and attempts to get rid of the controllers manually have failed, so for now it's okay.

xp2: Sentinel **** is kinda weird. Not only do they not target monsters, but monsters and bots don't target them (I think). I think it ruins the fun that they can't fight back... But to each their own, I guess.

Anyway, I might make the sentinels attack monsters in the next version, if I need to make one. But that probably won't happen until Epic's first patch, with any luck.

Speaking of sentinels, select Sentinel, shoot a beacon upwards, then hit alt-fire when it's really close to the ceiling...

Comment

Originally posted by Dezro
                      monastat: Does the level change alright? As for the log, you'll see that if you use any link turrets or sentinels. See, the sentinel's controllers aren't getting destroyed. I haven't noticed any slowdown, and attempts to get rid of the controllers manually have failed, so for now it's okay.
                      Yeah, the map changes normally.

Comment

That's cool. I think it's just a problem with sentinels. The ********. So just don't play with sentinels or link turrets if you don't like the problem.

Comment

Ya, monsters and bots dont target them either. Hmm... bloody sentinels.. would be really kick *** if you could fix them targetting monsters...

Comment

Originally posted by Dezro
                            That's cool. I think it's just a problem with sentinels. The ********. So just don't play with sentinels or link turrets if you don't like the problem.
                            Heh, never said I didnt like it

Rather funny bug if I may say so. Just the access none list that bothers me a lil bit, 2.9 mb Error log

You'll sort it out I hope

Comment

Could it be the logging that causes my server to crash if too many sentinals are spawned?

Quit my server cleanly and had "0 errors 9684 warnings"...

Comment

Working...
                              X