Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MAP:CTF] CTF-IceValley!.....Check it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The high version is almost unplayable due to the fps. The low one is like playing in a blizzard, but performs much better. The map layout is really good and the base designs are really nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nick has never known anything about optimizing a map, even his UT maps of old.
    THis one is no different.

He claims the high detail version is for "ninja" PC's. If he knew what he was doing he would only need one version.

PUT A FREAKING ANTIPORTAL ON THE MIDDLE MOUNTAIN.

That's the only reason the map runs like ****.
    He made up for it by making a "low" detail version, which actually is the exact same map but with blinding amounts of fog.

Someone give this guy a clue. Top of the line PC's shouldn't be an excuse to release an unoptimized map.
    It's unfinished if you ask me.
    (and btw, the skybox sux)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I logged into Fileplanet and it came up with a 404 "file not found" from the link given above!

Give us a mirror.

Wulf Sternhammer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any other link ?
    I hate file planet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    don't really like it.
    Too boring in design imo, just a regular two bases with terrain map.
    Thanx for showing us the ouside forum maps though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't install the 2181. I'm still using the 2166. Man, I wish I knew what the problem was, I want to try this map out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Works fine for me EB. Are you running the latest 2181 patch, by any chance? I seen a few posts with this type of error message. Always it turns out to be that patch.

Nice find again LC6 btw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice maps, the mountain in the middle is pretty cool. No problems when running it though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm... get this critical error when I try to run the map

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assertion failed: InPos>=0 [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 59]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- TLazyArray<< <- UStaticMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMesh cp_wasteland_mesh.ruination.cp_ruin_tower1 1137970==1137970/5174306 795849 503137) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel CTF-IceValley(High)) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• [MAP:CTF] CTF-IceValley!.....Check it out.

Nick over at Planetunreal released this "COOL" map just now!

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/p...-icevalley.zip

Working...
X