[MAP: BR] Celled_Clockworks [*RELEASED*]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    nice map, graphics are alittle different than usual, but it was fun, the bots surprisingly beat the **** outta my team twice, I couldent beleive how well they navigated this level. I finally got the hang of it though and handed them their own ***, it was a fun level, there is a good chance im keeping this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So it's about how the lighting hits the meshes??

In that case, my idea of having an out-doors map using the "cell shaded" look will work great. I won't have to deal with anything but ambient/diffuse lights so each mesh should retain that uniform color look....or am I totally wrong to assume this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kaadu >> I don't remember where I got it. Think it was off KaZaA, didn't have much luck finding the author so I probably shouldn't have used it... bad me *slaps self*

Doctor7 >> Well in my first two (three really, never released the third one, not happy with it :sour: ) maps I had little static lighting, but this one worked using it. I've been drifting away from the original style though, so my next map is going to go back to looking more solid-coloured cartoony.
    It's a nifty technique The unwrapping tools in max work well with it, lots of short-cut you can take. Simple meshes like most (heh, all) of the ones in this map don't take very long to skin at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Great looking map!

Originally posted by MattRyan
    Forgive me if I'm not supposed to ask this in this thread, but how did you pull off the "cell-shaded" look that your map has?
    Make everything out of meshes with bright, flat colours. The way meshes are lit means that without shading or variations in the texture, they look cartoony.

There's a bit more to it than that, but basically it's exploiting a weakness in the engine and turning it into a strength

Actually, I've just looked at the map in the editor and he's been even cleverer than I thought. Teddie, the trick with the lines was much simpler than using the UV template. If you haven't looked at it already I'll leave you to work it out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe he custom textured everything. ;D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great looking map!

Forgive me if I'm not supposed to ask this in this thread, but how did you pull off the "cell-shaded" look that your map has?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where did this music come from?
    Love the map, the only complaint I have is that the clock needs to move more. Like the cogs in the Goal rooms. Might get a bit complicated though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Most of the time since the beta has been spent trying to get them as good as possible. They still won't follow the carrier up there by themselves. :sour:
    But, if you go onto the grey platform under the spiraling gears, and shoot the ball, they'll come up after it and support you from then on.
    I tried, I really did. There just isn't good enough Z-axis support from Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    acc,

Did you have any joy with the botpathing in the end? I'm still playing mostly offline so if the bots aren't going to support me I might as well play 1-on-1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is that a huge remix of the zelda 64 boss theam???
    Yup. I thought it worked nicely.

0Xcel>> Yeah it does get much easier to get around when you adjust to it. If you know the best route you can go from top to bottom a lot faster than a lot of maps.

DuSt0fF>> Just ghost and move out to the side. The level is a giant "U". Start at the top, go to the bottom, then take the ball up the other side. Or maybe it's more like an upside down "A", there's a path in the middle

§uper-]V[oose>> Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a bit complicated but I like it. Great theme. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OH GAWD :bulb:

talk about ADJUSTMENT

and FAILURE TO

:bulb:

i cannot for the life of me figure out where to go!
    go down and then back up? why? whats up? lol? :bulb:

and the colours and clocks are genius it feels like alice in wonderland :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A great map, really good job, i love how it is all vertical, never experienced a full on vertical only battle before

Great job, reminds me lots of mario 64 o.O; the music is cool. The map is massive, its quite hard to explore, but once u know where what is what, it gets very easy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by feck_that027
    i like filefront

its better than fileplanet
    :haha:
    I liked filefront more than fileplanet

before filefront stopped working.:sour:

acc, thanks for the unreal playground mirror!!!!
    I'm d/l'ing as I type.

EDIT: Finished d/l'ing, now listening to the celled clockworks music. Is that a huge remix of the zelda 64 boss theam???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, based on what you said, I can conclude that I managed to create the map I planned too.

There are at least two ways to everywhere on the map though. The tubes which lead down from the goal area also lead up, hence the colour scheme (towards blue, towards red).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X